Official 1. FC Köln Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by footyfan1, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leverkusen will continue to poach until FC Köln is in the top league and doing well.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Koln might never get there because of Leverkusen's poaching......

3. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am confident that Köln will get there next season :)

In my opinion Johnsen played well, much better than Ehret who was playing on the left back before. Obviously the transfer fee was too high and Köln expected more out of Johnsen.
    The big question now is who will play on the left back? Ümit, who would be able to play that position was signed to strengthen the right back. McKenna is a central defender and obviously replacing Sinke (just my opinion, I think McKenna is stronger than Sinke was).

Rigobert Song would be perfect, not only because he is a great player, but also because our new goalkeeper came from Galatasaray as well.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always have bad memories of Song when he played for West Ham. He was dreadful, very bad.

5. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Wow, long time ago. That was even before he played for Köln! Honestly I haven't seen him playing prior to his signing at Köln, but if he was that dreadful then he must have improved a lot after he left West Ham :D

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he had gotten worse someone would have tried to break his legs ;)

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everyone here was confident, no, make that SURE Koln would "get there" this past season..... :rolleyes:

8. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True, after those fantastic pre-season matches (2:0 vs Middlesbrough, 1:0 vs Athletico Bilbao, 1:0 RB Salzburg) and the more or less good start into the season I was also sure that Köln will get promoted. Unfortunately they fell into a bottemless hole, with Helmes being injured and Nova not at his full potential it was difficult to find somebody to score goals.

I am confident that it is different this year, just because the team knows the second league by now (it's not easier as it was assumed) and because Nova and Helmes are a good duo. With the new signings our defence will be much better than Cullmann & Co last season. With a little luck one of the best defenders of the second league, Mohamad, will join this year already.

And last but not least: Christoph Daum. It is "his" team now and he will work hard to make it happen

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, well, that's good on you to be confident, but you guys will also have to deal with the three relegated sides from the 1. Liga too.

But the good thing for you guys is that Freiburg and Fuerth will probably fall by the wayside.......

10. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Only real competitor from the first league is Mainz. Aachen lost their top scorer (that's why they relegated in the first place), East-holland is not that strong and they also lost a handful of key players. Freiburg without Finke is not the same Freiburg anymore, Kaiserslautern made a big mistake by sacking Wolff, he would have build a great, young team there.

I am more concerned about the teams that promoted, like St. Pauli, Wehen and Hoffenheim, because it is impossible to judge the teams, especially the latter two.

Another reason why I am confident is because statistically the FC never stayed longer than 2 years in the second league :D:p:D

11. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Statistics, eh? We'd better find some other reasons for optimism until the start of the season. ;)

12. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just for those who are interested. All 2007/08 season tickets for the standing area (S1-S6) are sold out already! And that 2 months prior the start of the new season!

Got my season ticket also, but I prefer to sit down ;)

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm old, I like to sit down as well, but occassionally I like to stand up and just go crazy for a couple of hours. :)

By the way, how much were your tickets?

14. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, during the match I am standing from time to time as well, but it is good to know that I have a seat avbl :)

The season ticket was 230 Euros for me, a standing room season ticket is 110 Euros

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems so inexpensive for a 17 games, in either section.

16. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is a fair deal. Köln still plays in the second league though :(

What do you pay over there to visit a MLS match ?

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I don't usually pay ( ;) ) but around $15.00 or so.

The closest games for me are about 2 hours away, you would probably have 10 games available within two hours of Köln.

18. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am living two hours away from Cologne :p
    But you are right that there are still enough away matches that are nearby. The atmosphere in Cologne is just so much better

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do you live? Munich? :)

The thing about Germany is you can probably catch a train to Cologne. Walk to the stadium, have a great time, walk back to the train, and back to home, then zip off to your house.

I get to drive in traffic, yesterday I was in Boston and it was bumper to bumper traffic from 3:30 on and just pure ugly. Of course when we left the stadium after midnight we had no problems, but still over 2 hours to get home.

If we had the Autobahn it would be much, much better.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bit more than two hours from Koln. LOL!! ;)

Not really. Number one, American drivers would kill each other with no speed limits. Number two, what you just described in Boston has been known to happen outside of Bundesliga stadiums with people trying to get out to get home too.

That's why I use the park and rides just about everywhere I go except Dortmund. There, I just park in the place that's easiest to make a quick exit.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be so litteral. :)

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, my last girlfriend in Texas complained about that. Sorry, that's just how I am.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just remember that I'm Mr. Sarcastic ;)

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, we've been e-mail buds long enough. You know I can hold my own in that department too. :D

25. CultOfZurawski

CultOfZurawski New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Scotland
    Hi there from Scotland,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the historical colours of 1. FC Köln's away kits in recent years?

I know that black has been used but are any other colours prevalent?

Also, is the predominantly white strip with red shoulders and the new REWE sponsor to be 1. FC Köln's home kit for the upcoming season?

Many thanks!