Alert: Off Topic: If you have Direct TV Latino Package they are Pulling ESPN2 From our Channels!!!

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Bolivianfuego, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey guys,

Well i noticed my ESPN2 HD wasnt working, and was showing up as if it wasnt apart of my package, well i call direct tv to fix it as it surely has to be a screw up on their part.

I surprised to find out that they chose to take ESPN2 out of our package, which is a very very important channel not only for Soccer Friendlies, but for Champions League Matches TOO!!!!

With that said, if your like me, and are pissed about losing this channel, COMPLETELY soon, as they took HD and soon will eliminate the whole channel Email them expressing how Pissed off you are. The guy over the phone told me, the more people they hear from, the better cause it could cause them to rethink their decision!

Here is a Link how to Email Them:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960010#h:1080.976

Please express yourself as Direct TV customers, because this isnt fair to us latinos to lose this channel for god knows what reason why they would think we wouldnt want ESPN2!

:mad:

2. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I think the reason this is happening is because ESPN wants to charge more for it, and DirectTV doesent want to charge its costumers more. Its the same that happened between GolTV and Dish. If people get pissed off about it, it will give ESPN more of a reason to think the price is right

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If thats true, thats wack. I heard GOL TV made a direct contract FOR and ONLY for Direct TV, i dunno how its similar. But regardless, its really lame for them to cancel ESPN2 from it all, I mean i still got ESPN(original Channel) normally, but no ESPN2 WTF! Whats their reasoning?? It really doesnt make any sesne.

And if it was about money, they'd take all the channels off, and make it an extra 12 a month. The guy over the phone told me to get my hands on ESPN2 i'd have to get teh english Channel package, which includes it for ......get this.... 52 extra bucks a month!!!!

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man, Cable and Satellite companies are really crooks. I hate the package thing, why should I pay to get 49 or 99 or 199 channels I do not care about to get the one channel I really want? We should get congress to get them to dismount this stupid scheme. I have like 200 channels and takes me like one hour to go around until I discovered that I can set up my own list and it is like 40 channels tops.

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^ Completely agree.

But please to anyone that see's this, please show Direct TV your disgust by sending them emails on behalf of all latinos that enjoy ESPN 2!

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You get ESPN2 with the Latino package? :eek:

Had no idea :D

edit: nevermind, i only have the basico

7. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If youre an angry latino, then why are you writing in english? Plop

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL Che' no seas heuvon Condorito! jaja

But for real, its so they can hear it from us, IMO the english speakers have more power in this country and they will get it if you get in contact through that channel!

KES" Help a brotha' out! :p

9. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'll do it, but these things usually dont work.
    We tried this with dish when they took goltv off.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Its worth a shot. :(

11. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i just watch(for football) goltv, fox, espn, tyc, and once in a qhile ecuavisa or surperu

please dont remove tyc!!!!!!!1

12. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I never watch ESPN2,
    now if they take out ESPNdeportes... that'd be a different story (they show more Champion League games than ESPN2)

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Regardless my friends, they are taking away channels that some of us enjoy! Help us out and show the disrespect on their side in completely missing the fact that people who have the latino package also watch ESPN2!!!

14. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ESPN is an english-speaking channel. So I suggest you reread the name of your Direct TV package before you go around opening dumb threads. :)

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thats not the point, i still have ESPN normal and many english channels. But for some reason they decided to only take away ESPN2.

16. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Why do you say "DirecTV Latino Package"
    when anybody that has DirecTV gets ESPN2

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The whatever package it is where you get the latin american channels, such as a TyC sports of Argentina, it does no longer include ESPN2, and doesnt show up for me anymore.

18. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Not if he is under the latino packages.

If you have one of the english packages and then have added the basic latino package to that, then you probably do have ESPN2.

You should check into that bolivianfuego, see the english package that gives you ESPN2, and then just add the basic latino package to it. Maybe it's about the same or just a little more money that you can do it.

19. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So? Fact is it was under one of the latino packages and they took it out.

Are you one of those "ENGLISH ONLY" dumbasses? :rolleyes:

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think i did, cause i asked him how could i get ESPN 2 and he said i would have to pay 20 extra for some crap package that i wouldnt care about. :mad:

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    The basic latino is 20 and the "cheapest" package that has espn2 is 53 (you pay 30 for a year)

That's 73 bucks. Yikes. I only have the basic latino package. The Internet is wonderful and it's your friend :) That's where I get the rest of what I need. There's also espn360.com. If your internet service carries it, you can watch a lot of futbol there.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^cool man, i'll look into all that. I mean i love just watching stuff in HD tho! But whatever, might look into changing up cause Direct TV can suck fat one!

23. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is why I canceled my direct tv account. I was paying 145.00 per months for just to be able to watch all six channels that interest me (ESPN Deportes, Golttv, TYC, FoxSports,HBO, and Fox soccer channel). I rather just stream games on my pc instead of dishing out hundreds of dollar per month to those crooks...

24. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Any of you guys have a Dish Network Satellite set up on your home that's not being use and will like to have FoxSport en espanol, setenta, ESPn Deportes, and Conmebol WCQ PPV for free just pm me.

25. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Are you promoting pirating?
    [​IMG]