Octavos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by CharlieBrown, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Umm Im pretty sure Banfield is the defending champion of the league ;)...

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Oh right - Velez Sarsfield won it before Banfield. I stand corrected.

But still - I'd expect more from a side hailing from Argentina which finished in 4th place in the group stage.

3. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I can only wish your team the worst luck tonight. :D

4. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Indeed. especially having rested their players specifically for this game. I dont understand why el tanque silva didnt play? anyone know?
    Anyway BIG DAY of football coming Up cant wait!!

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Why thank you. I earnestly wish you the same. :D

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    total sorpresa en guadalajara ayer
    como vieron la expulsion....pues el portero hara mucha falta para remontar el marcador en Argentina.

omar arellano se comio la noche....solito:eek:

7. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wtf happened with Velez!! im so f***** dissappointed s***!! looks like chivas to the next round, i doubt that Velez will give them a goleada in Argentina, today is gona be good, Corinthians vs Flamengo and that OTHER game...you know what im talking about lol :D oh and the sorteo for the Sudamericana my team is in that motha f***a!! i have a nice 56" flat screen and surround sound aahh it'll feel like im in Brazil :cool: Vai Corinthians!!!

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good game last night from velez, Although people said that chivas was going with a second team, they still have many good young players in their ranks.

Not to mention having guys like Omar Bravo on the bench and I think Arrellano, chivas is a dangerous team.

Lets see what velez can do in the next round.

As expected Estudiantes held their own with a mixed team mostly youngsters to San Luis, who looked like SHIT.

9. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wtf!! there is no sorteo on foxsports!! oh well -___-

10. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess they are nowhere near the team they were last year! Either way i expect a goleada of epic proportions in Argentina 4-0! maybe 5-0...

11. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    i will "support" SAO paolo tonight.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    lol: good one.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No me parecío penal a primera vista (y con las repeticiones quedé aún más convencido de que no era foul).

14. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ayer me olvide por completo del partido entre el lyon-bayern, ahora si no me lo pierdo me llevo mi compu por siacaso.....

15. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    claro que no es una entrada fuerte de montoya pero se cobra penal ya que el delantero venia corriendo y cae. a montoya lo expulsaron y si sera una gran baja para la vuelta. ahora tapara barovero? no es mal arquero, pero si sera una gran baja, aunque para mi la mayor baja no es el arquero sino los tres goles en contra....

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No sé: como dije, a primera vista me da la impresión de que Bravo (verdad?) busca el contacto. Sostengo, no fue penal.

17. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    por eso mano, la jugada es de bravo y como delantero busco y creo su propio penal.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Velez is a good team, but they can be erratic. At home they've easily won every one of their Copa matches. But on the road is another story, you probably saw them get killed by Cruzeiro in Belo Horizonte, when they were lucky to lose only 3-0.

Last night was a strange game. You had a strange goal in which Velez tried an offside trap and half of the Mexican players were caught off-side (passive), and everybody stopped playing, but Bravo was the one who came from behind and scored all alone. That's a very unusual play. Then you had the penalty at the end. And also it's true that Velez attacked most of the match, and missed several chances.

Still, you have to give credit to Guadalajara, because they were missing all their top players -other than Bravo- and they played a very intelligent match. Their goalie played well, they were strong on counterattack, and they put themselves into position to end up with the lopsided final score. As strange as the match was, they earned the result.

We can criticize Velez and rightly so, but lets give credit to the young Mexican players as well. They showed a lot of poise.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I only watched a bit of this as it was later in the evening, although I did watch some of the first half between Estudantes and Sao Luis. Estudantes was clearly the better team even with some starters back in your country. I predict Estudantes will have a field day next week.

I did see Velez get destroyed by Cruzeiro, and Velez's defense doesn't impress me.

As for Guadalajara, it only bolsters my respect for Mexican soccer. They can produce some very competitive players, and Guadalajara has historically been a tough opponent. Both my team and yours have had headaches w/ them in recent years in the Libertadores.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

With that said I guess we can expect a good game on the return leg in Buenos Aires! I only wish we had Bofo Buatista for the return leg in Buenos Aires seems he has great luck at killing Argentine teams on their soil:D

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ...y que no fue penal, mano.

22. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know know about what the rest of you think but I always thought it was a huge conspiracy against the Menottista by the Bilardo crowd. The bilardo crowd are also referred to as Anti-Argie futbol!!! You can cut the hate with a knife. Angel Cappa is very outspoken against that style of futbol. Where would we be if Angel Cappa won the championship? Under who's philosophy? Check out this video At 1:29, Clear cut difference!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0A1g6bgj40&feature=related"]YouTube- Café las Palabras 26JUN2009 Entrevista Angel Cappa (inicio)[/ame]

The Second video to this interview is also excellent!!

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  24. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I didn´t expect Chivas to win 3´0 honestly... I mean with 5 starters with the National Team. . . Chivas had only 2 over 21 yrs old players on the field yesterday, that was Reynoso and Bravo. But still played fairly well

25. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina