Octavos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by CharlieBrown, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's always tough to play on the road, and especially in Mexico, but Velez has no excuse, they've been saving the team for Libertadores and they are playing against a team with a lot of young players. They are playing like crap tonight, as they did in Brazil, and if they cannot win here, I don't think they'll go too far, even if they do manage to turn it around at home.

2. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the only player on the attack is Maxi M.

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    LOL at Velez. Even bigger LOL at Colo Colo, for sucking against such a limited team.

4. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What happened to Cholo Cholo?

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Velez played like crap. They deserved to lose. All were pathetic, except el pitufo Moralez.

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe Gareca will learn a thing or two now, like who should be starters and who should be substitutes(Seriously Vélez has earned more points in the league with substitutes than with starters), and that Martinez and Moralez should get closer, not farther as the match goes by, also it would help if they didn't threw long balls at them, because evidently that's not gonna do it. Or maybe he'll just blame it that it's a complot because for what happened against Huracán last year.:rolleyes:

Interesting scenarios today, the teams that fielded substitutes won their matches.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, maybe Velez should play their B team in Buenos Aires. :D

8. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    They've made a living out of choking on crucial Libertadores games in the last few years. Also, Tocalli should stick to youth teams.

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But no kidding, when they saved players they played a lot better than with the starters.

Had Ottamendi scored an own goal and it would've been the worst match for a defender ever.

10. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Otamendi and Dominguez are slow

Dominguez always got burned by Arellano while he was in Mexico, no different today.

Velez might get some luck since Miguel Sabah got injured its likely Aguirre will call up a replacement and that might be Arellano.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vélez is done, had they lost 1-0 or 2-1, they may have had a chance, now they won't comeback from that at the fridge. They may score one goal or two at best but that's it.

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I always thought that was San Carlos de Apoquindo, where the Catholic talibans live (?).

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't watch the game. and I always thought that huracan vs Velez final was a smack in the face to the menotti followers.

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably next week the infamous north stand will begin with the insults before the kick-off. May Vélez have an amazing comeback and probably they'll still be insulting.

The referee didn't call a foul on Huracán's keeper that resulted on Vélez's goal, lately Gareca has been complaining of how Vélez is seen as an unpleasant side because of that event, and how that is conspiring against them, at least that's what he claims.

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is an unpleasant side.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Otamendi preocupa, porque parece que ira al mundial.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think after today's performance Gabriel Milito chances are increasing, or a defender who isn't precisely a centreback.

18. El Ikkir

El Ikkir Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Man I can't believe we won like that, with that squad. :confused:

4th Goalkeeper, only one starting defender, midfielder, and attacker. Not even our best at that. A bunch of youngsters from the bench and second division team.

The team showed a lot for what we had, I liked that. But I know we're not going to get far in this cup. :(

San Luis only won 3 games this last tournament, not a big surprise there.:eek:

19. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Otamendi y Clemente Rodríguez...

Sería ridículo si Gabriel Milito no tiene sitio en la selección argentina del Mundial

20. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    milito recien regreso al futbol, jugando como antes, pero recien regreso. lo que si seria una pena seria no ver a gente como lisandro lopez o cambiasso en el mundial y ver a burrito ortega y martin palermo!

21. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really dissapointed with Velez last night

Expected more from Papa..who was burned all the first half

Otamendi who again looked super slow..looks like el petardo dominguez le contagio lo burro.

Maxi Moralez...the only player that showed up.

Looks like the cabras have this on lock...

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thus it was that Velez Sarsfield was embarrassed playing on Mexican soil. I would expect more from the defending champion of your league. Now, unless Velez stages a historic comeback, it's the Mexicans going to either Colombia or Paraguay in the quarterfinals.

Estudantes won 1-0, just as I predicted. :D They're in the quarters.

23. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    fdp: filho da p---? LOL. j/k

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Today is probably the best day to be a soccer fan in 2010 before the World Cup starts.

- Barcelona vs. Internazionale: the Spanish champion vs the Italian champion, with the Champions' League final's 2nd berth up for grabs.
    - Flamengo vs. Corinthians: the Brazilian champion vs. the champion of the 2009 Copa do Brasil; Brazil's two largest fan bases; Adriano vs. Ronaldo. In Maracanã.
    - Universitário vs. SPFC. OK, Universitário isn't a renowned club, but my team is playing and it's on TV. Enough for me. :D
    - Banfield vs. Internacional. A team from Argentina vs. a team from Brazil. As if that wasn't enough motivation, it involves a Brazilian team whose style mirrors the Argentine style and which has 3 Argentines on its starting lineup and a Uruguyan coach. Can you say "red cards?"
    - Atlético Mineiro vs. Santos. The wonderboys from Santos in the Copa do Brasil quarterfinals.

Ah, if only I were living in Brazil right now. I'd be watching TV for hours on end today! I'll have to settle for the Libertadores (and will try to sneak in streaming for the Champions' League).