NYRB at Seattle, PIP

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Mateofelipe, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought I would get this started, as @Seaball seems to be out of the saddle at the moment.

Seattle Sounders FC vs. New York Red Bulls
    2017 MLS Regular Season
    CenturyLink Field - Seattle, Washington
    Sunday, March 19 - 7 p.m. ET
    WATCH: FS1 in the US,MLS LIVEin Canada

DISCO suspended Torres for a bad foul from last week. I hope they go with Alfaro, rather than Svensson out of position. Fischer is likely in at RB. The way Torres has been playing, it is probably good for him to sit and watch for a week. The NJ Product Placements are playing well, and our defending has been dodgy. I expect the offense will get it going. Another 2-2 maybe?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *fingers crossed* First home game of the season. Will this be our first win of the season??? Let's go!!!!

3. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ahhh!, sorry been traveling and haven't had much time to be on the internets. I'll be missing the home opener too.

Let's just not try and go down 2 goals for once.

terrier repped this.
  4. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was good. I'm sure Kasey can explain why our defending was awful on the goal, but it was partly lucky and partly good work by the Red Bulls. And, after a slow start, the offense got cooking pretty well. And I don't mind if JoMo misses a few chances every game if he also converts one and creates a PK besides. Speaking of PKs, I prefer B-Rad's inch perfect placement to the cheeky down the middle thing, but it worked. Joevin Jones is a beast. What's the word on Tyler Fischer? Svennnnssssson was good, but I still want to see Alfaro getting minutes so we have some depth at both defense and d-mid.

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oniel Fisher pulled a hammy, so probably out a few weeks?

I didn't think the defense was too horrible on their goal? They obviously gave BWP some space, but Svensson closed up on him pretty quickly and I'm not sure it would have gone in if it hadn't gotten that bounce off Svensson's head/back.

I was super frustrated with Morris's 1v1 miss. Rather than just try and chip it over the top of Robles, he tried to control it, which was downright impossible on the turf, and he ended up just bouncing the ball into Robles.

I'm also amazed that any GK actually moves on a Dempsey PK. He tends to do either a cheeky chip down the center, or a hard drive just a smidge off center. GKs might just be better off to stand in the center and see if they can get a hand up quick enough to stop the power shot.

But.. Too much complaining for a 3-1 win. Jones was amazing last night. I'm really glad that Chicago needed to clear salary cap space and gave him to us for garberbux. Hahaha. Seems like we fleece Chicago every couple of years.

6. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I know. I was taking a dig at Kasey, who thinks every goal is entirely due to bad defending, and never does bad luck or good play from the opponent have anything to due with it.

7. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not wrong though. :) Take the 2nd goal. That's all on Zizzo completely buying where Jones was looking and leaving himself open for Jones to meg... and who gives Lodeiro that much space to make that cross.. and WTF is up with Bilyeu completely ball watching and letting Morris get in behind him for the simple header tap in.

Robles was perfect though.. Nothing he could have done.

Am I doing this right? :)

Mateofelipe repped this.