NSR/Off Topic #7

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R&W why must you make me sad :(

In my opinion he really should be in Europe waste of talent tbh...

2. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How about that hat trick.. :rolleyes:

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, why don't you want MLS to be a top league in the world? I'm not saying that it ever will be but why wouldn't you want it to be?

Anyway, Donovan just scored 3 goals vs a pretty decent Ecuador squad.

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he is not working hard in the MLS

He is still the best American soccer player

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope I just think if he's going to play in MLS then screw him there are many players who would love to even get a chance in Europe and he just blows it off....MLS will only get better if players go and play abroad because what MLS will get is recognition which will later on pay off....

He's mediocre end of story I still don't understand why he stays in the US then again thats why he's a pu$$y in my books. That squad he scored 3 against today was crap period....lets see him bag 3 vs Portugal then I'll start to believe shows you that Fifa Ranks mean nothing.

7. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think landon put his critics to sleep with the preformance. i hope devil that you watched the game to see how well he played.

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope :eek:

Boycott just heard about it oh well still think he's gotta play in Europe

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair enough that you didn't watch the game.but....

how can you say that without watching the game? ecuador lost to england in the round of 16 on a beckham FK.

goal one: left foot 18 yards out. far post. keeper had no chance.
    goal two: 35 yard run on the right. composure to the extreme. and a minute later....
    goal three: right foot 22-25 yards. hammered into the top right corner. absolute rocket.

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SO?

Lets see him play in Europe...Lets see him play like that almost 90% of the time which is strange but he only shows up for MEXICO...Lets see the USMNT play in Europe against quality sides not sides that are easy wins...

I'm not giving him anything the goals are the goals, but he needs to show that against better teams in more hostile environments. Till then I still hate him.

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did beat Portugal in WC 02

12. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well then if we are talking about showing up in important matches lets talk about ronaldinho too. because landon doesn't play in europe doesn't mean he sucks. for one, if we want to have soccer in america, we need our stars to stay home for the MLS.

and here is a little read for you devil...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2812035&name=chang_jen

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to?? I think if our stars go abroad they'll gain more experience here MLS won't go up in quality unless the players of the USMNT play in Europe then everyone will have to step up....

Landon has the easiest season lets be honest he has over 3 months off....And R10 has under a few weeks each year and he's expected to do miles more than Donovan....

14. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    you can't hold it against him that he would rather live in beautiful California. it's where he's comfortable, and yes.. it'd be extremely beneficial for him to move outside of his comfort zone. but who cares really. I don't think he's really hurting the National team that much, because even if he was in Europe right now playing, and was improving to his full potential, it still won't make up for the rest of the players who aren't overseas playing.

I'm all for going overseas and playing to improve the level of soccer here, but if someone doesn't want to, who cares? I won't ever ridicule him for his decisions- if I was in his shoes and Europe wasn't for me, I would've traded in the extra cash for the MLS, surf, and peace of mind.

15. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    So I'm at work today...completely forgot the game was on...went out front and turned the game on...5 minutes later, the power goes out.

Some stupid freaking squirrel knocked out the power for like 10 blocks.

Power comes back on RIGHT after the game finished.

:mad:

I was pissed.

16. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I caught Landon's 2nd goal, then got dragged out by this girl to meet her mom for lunch :eek:

pitch was complete crap though.

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    You kiddin me? We get 3-5 stores, 5 at the very most, that get Js, in a town of roughly 1.5 mil. It's PURE mayhem no matter where you are. Lines starting at 5am. The store near me got one size run of the reds and flips, and the employees were allowed to put them on hold.. WHACK... well if there are any left in a few weeks... hook a brutha up...

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    being good in the american league doesnt mean sheet

kenny dalglish' son is playing over there and he couldnt hack lower dicision football to well

19. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    i'll be honest, landon donovan is pants.

im not having him being america's best player, he may be the most marketable with his receeding hairline at 24 or whatever he is, but he aint any good. i hold mcbride, dempsey, bocanegra, freidel in higher regard that him really, because they proved themselves in the premiership.

ive seen him play a few times, and there is nothing there to suggest he's hack it at premiership level.

lets put it this way, darren currie, (who incedently was playing for my local team wycombe not so long ago) was trialing for the same team beckham is joining for in the summer. not something to be proud of...

and yes, dalgleish's son was dog s***! he is proof of a player playing on the basis of his dad being good! wasnt aware he was gracing the mls with his amazing ability! hehehe

20. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how a guy plays an amazing game vs a world cup team with many of its world cup players on it and he still gets ridiculed for not going to Europe. How can you say that Dempsey has proven himself in the premiership? He hasnt even started one game yet and has no goals. I think he will prove himself, but he hasnt yet. And frankly he was the worst American player on the field yesterday.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ARGGGHH!

Is it just me or is the board being slow for everyone else?! Its like taking FOREVER to load the threads and when you open a thread it takes ages!

Is it just me? because its really annoying me and putting me off posting because its just taking SOOOOO long to get on here!

appleCORR

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could be that your cache is full ;)

Do you run firefox??? Just clear private data and it should speed up, but I've actually had quite good speeds :)

I'll be honest LANDON DONOVAN is overrated I just think he wasted his talent and I just think its sad oh well. Lets be honest is he a good captain model for a team? I really think some people at USSF need to really take a look.

23. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I don't think there is really any player on the team that beckons being a captain.

24. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If anyone hasn't seen the movie Sybil, you should. It is FREAKY and MESSED UP. We just watched it over 3 periods in psychology.. holy wow. It's freaky, but pretty good tbh. :eek:

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the heads up since I want to take Phychology :eek: