[NQR] The Filth being sold to Man U owner?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by nivla, Nov 28, 2006.

1. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, we can certainly provide a lot of suggestions as to a new team name: The LA Filth, The SoCal Scum, the LA Water Thieves.... I could go on and on, but I know Mark has a lot of plums that he can give.

3. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mirror is a tabloid worse than National "Space aliens kidnapped my grandmother" Enquirer.

In other words, it's not happening.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether it actually happens or not, it's interesting how the same group of posters that bitched of our complaining about a then-possible team-identity change a few years ago (to either Club America SJ or to Ajax America - this was before the relocation rumors began) are now bitching about a possible team-identity change for the Fallacy. :rolleyes:

And they'd undoubtedly deny the irony of that even now. :rolleyes:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

5. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What else would you expect, Goodsie, from the league-favored prima donnas?

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about karma: if this deal actually goes through, those league-favored prima donnas will have been dumped by their doting sugar-daddy, who instead decided to stick with the Fire and... the Dynamo. :D

-G

7. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Talking about Karma. It seemed 20 years ago, it would take decades for someone to get Karma handed back to them.

These days its happening so fast, you can actually see it unfolding within a fairly short time period. What use to take 10 years at work, is playing out within months right before my eyes.

We have seen what happened to Kenneth Lay, Gonzo. Now we just have to wait for Lalas, Garbage & AEG. their time will come.

8. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a conspiracy theory that Ken Lay didn't really die, but is alive and well somewhere in British Virgin Islands. But that's a topic for another (random jibberish) thread.

9. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A guy just phoned in to Fox Football Fone-in saying Beckham has a date at the L.A. DMV to take his driving test in a few weeks, allegedly confirmed by a DMV employee. [Look, if you're going by the Mirror, this is about as good, no?]

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, and I have in mind one grand example of a guy (actually he and his colleagues) who had the snake he let loose come around and bite him in the ass.

11. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is really funny. :D

I'm sorry, but I'd go dance on their graves if this comes to pass! I can just see them getting Becks, and two or three other washed up Euro players. They'd bring in a "real" coach of course, kicking Frankie to the curb overnight. But the curse of the Water-Stealer's Malaise would continue, because even five or six veteran players of former-quality don't make a starting eleven. And in this league, it's the quality of your first 15 that counts.

And they'd get a new name!! And new uniforms!! And a new front office!! And higher ticket prices!! And crappy, but expensive, marketing!! :D

And of course, this would be final, clinching proof to one and all that AEG cares not a whit about soccer, but only their "entertainment" business. And every water-stealing, smog-breathing, spoiled, league-favored, whining, shallow, clueless, pud-knocking galactoposer fan would start singing the FUAEG Blues!! Oh yeah!!! I can almost taste it!!

So of course, it's way too good to be true.

Oh well.

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    GO SSV!!
    FUAEG!!!
    fumls!
    FUAEG!!!
    fumls!
    FUAEG!!!
    fumls!
    FUAEG!!!
    fumls!

- Mark

12. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...who will settle to a life on the beach with his pretty wife, relish the spotlight as an alleged soccer star, while his own play dwindles along with that of his cheesy team. And he probably won't mind all that much, given the new company he'll surely enjoy.

Think we've heard this story before.:rolleyes:

13. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Yup, saw that on Fox Football too.

Guy who called in was named Victor from LA who had a friend who worked at the DMV.

Supposedly, Beckham is coming in the DMV in 2 weeks to get a drivers license. They were trying to get which DMV office but that was never verified which one.

14. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Yes, I have heard that. Suspiciously, the timing of his death was just too perfect. He enjoyed the full summer before dropped dead. Just before getting setenced.

Ken Lay was too much in bed with the Bush. He also moved enormous amounts of money that the government could never touch early enough to safeguard a rich retirement. He knew exactly what he was doing when he stole all those peoples money.

When the time comes, even stealing all that money, he won't be able to take it with him.

15. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that either Kenny's wife or kids waxed him. Now that the scum-bag is dead, his estate does not have to pay the fine or restitution. Thus, his wife and kiddies get all the gelt.

I suppose there's an outside chance that the Bushevik's wasted him, to prevent him from talking about anyone else (either within the government, or more likely, their big money donors). It's also possible that he decided to check out on his own, for any or all of the above reasons.

So any more on the water-stealing, smog-breathing galactofilth being sold to ManUre?

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    GO SSV!!
    fuaeg!
    fumls!

- Mark

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very easy to "manufacture" a death certificate somewhere in remote Colorado. It is claimed that he died in Aspen, but the coroner did work in some other little town. And besides no public figure really attended his funeral. Maybe Dick Cheney was there for the "funeral", I'm not sure. But the whole thing could have been staged without hassle.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/06/commentary/wastler/index.htm

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, the galactofilth is being rumored to be bought by Malcom Glazer, not by ManUre. A small but significant difference. ;)

It's still a shame that Glazer didn't become the Investor/Operator of the Tampa Bay Mutiny, though it's been reported elsewhere on BigSoccer that Glazer did agree to a handshake deal with then-Commisioner Doug Logan to become the Mutiny's I/O for about $7 million, but that Logan then turned and told Glazer that someone else had offered $10 million for the franchise (it seems that Logan was lying just to get more money, considering how quickly Glazer had agreed to the $7 million).

Glazer apparently called Logan's bluff and the Mutiny died ownerless. :(

-G

18. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is any truth to this rumor (it seems to be catching wind, although the tabloid rumors being originating source everywhere), will Houston Dynamo end up remaining the last and only AEG team?

Thereby, will we be resigned to hate Dynamo the most - with Dom Kinnear as their coach and most of former Earthquakes players - even more than the puke-filthy team?

(DC United sale is in the process, and there is a theory that Chicago Fire will be sold sometime later too, stadium construction not being an issue for them.)

19. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I can't see that. I mean, I don't care for Houston, but it's just not the same as the ill will I have toward L.A. L.A. is just a natural target of opprobrium. :)

20. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

21. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston is in another state.

Filthy, water-stealing, smog-breathing El-Lay is in California. They steal water from all over the state, much of it from Northern California. How they vote impacts all of California. We have good reason to hate them. The fact that they are a bunch of shallow posers is just insult added to injury.

El-Lay Sucks! El-Lay Sucks! El-Lay Sucks! El-Lay Sucks! El-Lay Sucks!

QUAKES FOREVER!!
    GO WOLFF!!
    GO SSV!!
    fuaeg!
    fumls!

- Mark

22. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it's not really about Houston. It's about AEG.

AEG Sucks! AEG Sucks! AEG Sucks! AEG Sucks! AEG Sucks!

Hmm. Whom to hate more? AEG or LA? How could you hate one less than the other? Such could be our life's dilemmas.

23. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You sure make it difficult. I'm tempted to use the pidgin we used to use in Korea: "Same-o Huckin' Same-o." ;)

24. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LA is LA and it will always be the team I as a Quake fan hates the most. it doesn't matter who owns it or plays in that team. LA sucks. Period.

As for Houston, I don't hate them unless AEG turns them into LA#2.
    AEG sucks. No doubt.

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (no not really back, just yet...)

Interesting if AEG would unleash their jewel to the Glazers. Since they very much control the sports entertainment industry in SoCal, they would still want a foothold on that market.

Plus if Glazer didn't buy in with Tampa Bay, why would he right now? He'd have to give Anschutz his entire bank account.

Ain't going to believe it, and it's fashionable to hate AEG (and anything with the LA moniker)... :D

Also, I'd think AEG would want to mortgage everything they own to get Becks over here.