News: NPSL Expansion 2014

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by MNkicks, Aug 20, 2013.

1. envican

envican New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Y'all thinking of making a new thread for the 2014 offseason? Since this one is 25 pages and all...and yes I know being a lurker you can't ask for much...

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine that once the first expansion team for 2015 is announced, someone will start one, yeah. I have not seen anything to that effect yet, though.

3. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Wichita ;)

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On April 30, 2014 FCW officially became a member of the NPSL...

Officials make it clear the primary job is that of a “care taker” for Wichita soccer. “We wish to build the game in our community to new levels by inspiring youth players and dedicating time to future health and wellness campaigns for the entire city.” Said managing partner Blake Shumaker. “By bringing a high level of outdoor soccer to Wichita through a premier summer league, we believe we’d not only attract future professional prospects but also give the local player an opportunity to showcase their talents. Using our coaching contacts will help youth players with college placement and recruitment.”
    The club continues to build as offices opened in June 2014 and coaching staff is being put in place. The next press release is scheduled for August 2014 with current details and progress. Anyone interested in playing for FC Wichita or career opportunities should contact the home office directly. Tryout dates will be made public by October 2014 on the club website and social media sites.

5. envican

envican New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Nice to see a team actually starting up a year before they need to start playing. It seemed like a lot of teams didn't really get going until right before the season this year. I live in FW and they didn't get a lot going until late January/early February. I'm excited to see the kind of advertising they can do in the area with a whole offseason.