November WNT Matches

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Eddie Stiel, Oct 5, 2016.

1. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    You can go to the Women's International Forum and the Euro-2017 thread and do a search in there on "Romania". Most of it will probably be just scores or something, but maybe you will find some bits of interest.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/euro-2017-vivianne-m-adoration-and-qualifiers-thread.2014109/

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Portugal and Romania play a home and home on Oct 21 & 25. That will be ur chance to scout them

3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    You get the feeling the Romania series will be where Kealia shines and exerts her DOMINANCE.

But maybe she has great success against Switzerland first?

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So did anyone watch? Saw it was 0-0.

5. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just looking at my time table from previous camps about when players found out they were being invited. With the October camps, the call that I KNOW about was made between 9/26 - 9/28... the roster was released on 10/6. 8-10 days.

The time between the roster release (10/6) & the schedule friendly (10/19) was 13 days. This is consistent with roster releases in the past. Always been between 10-15 days before a friendly.

So when you stack it all up & give the whole range, players should be notified 18-25 days before a friendly. The game is on November 10th, which is 18 days from now.

Conclusion? There's a good chance the players have already been notified or will be notified in the next few days. The roster release, if going by 10-15 days before a friendly rule, should drop next week, anywhere between Wednesday the 26th & Sunday the 30th.

I don't know why I did any of this leave me be.

cpthomas and Semblance17 repped this.
  6. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Not sure there was a stream, but here are highlights.

lil_one and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  7. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a wild penalty kick, probably won't see something like that for another decade.

Off the post (keeper dives the wrong way), then off the keeper's back and rolls until the keeper jumps on it.

Did Romania even have a shot on goal? From the looks of things, it was all Portugal.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Sounds like this is good team to play to practice against a bunker

9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Good work, but having talked to some invitees in the past, at least some players get notified well in advance of what you are figuring. I think a late notification is because somebody got hurt or needs time off.

10. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, I was more going for the conclusion that most if not all of the players knew before leaving yesterday. Did they notify before the game, after, would it have influenced who Ellis decided to play yesterday, would it have affected who played yesterday if they knew before hand?

I dunno why, but the behavioral designer in me found that interesting.

11. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why anyone wouldn't leave you be. I wonder about this timetable every time but I don't have the patience for these calculations and historical averages. Thanks for taking care of them. :thumbsup:

12. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, though I was more using my impressions of previous rosters than using actual data. I thought posting uncorroborated "feel" data to reach conclusions would rub people the wrong way. The roster releasing 10-15 days before a friendly has been spot on for about 4 years & has been the only constant. I can't say for anything else.

13. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Adrianna Franch (Portland Thorns FC), Ashlyn Harris (Orlando Pride), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)

DEFENDERS (8): Abby Dahlkemper (Western New York Flash), Jaelene Hinkle (Western New York Flash), Julie Johnston (Chicago Red Stars), Meghan Klingenberg (Portland Thorns FC), Ali Krieger (Washington Spirit), Kelley O’Hara (Sky Blue FC), Becky Sauerbrunn (FC Kansas City), Casey Short (Chicago Red Stars)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Morgan Brian (Houston Dash), Kristen Edmonds (Orlando Pride), Tobin Heath (Portland Thorns FC), Lindsey Horan (Portland Thorns FC), Allie Long (Portland Thorns FC), Samantha Mewis (Western New York Flash), Megan Rapinoe (Seattle Reign), Andi Sullivan (Stanford)

FORWARDS (5): Crystal Dunn (Washington Spirit), Alex Morgan (Orlando Pride), Kealia Ohai (Houston Dash), Christen Press (Chicago Red Stars), Lynn Williams (Western New York Flash)

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...yers-for-usa-matches-vs-romania-in-california

jackdoggy and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  14. skybolt

skybolt Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Thanks for posting this. Great news for Edmonds. I'm surprised to see Hinkle back. Would love to see Morgan and Ohai on the field at the same time.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  15. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love to see Alexandra the Great and Williams on the field at the same time.
    Ya see, this THIS is why my idea of eight USWNT matches per month is not so far fetched.
    We could see any number of combinations.:D:D:D

16. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    You just got your wish.

[​IMG]

17. babranski

babranski Member+

Dec 15, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No reason Morgan, Williams, & Ohai can't all be on the field at the same time, since the positions are compatible with the 3 5 2 formation.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    A little surprised to see Long...not much of a honeymoon

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So if this is ur five attackers, that's the all Roadrunner team

.......................Morgan..................Williams

..........................................Press

Ohai..............................................................................Dunn

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    .............................Brian.....................Sullivan

Sauerbrunn........................Long..........................Johnston

..........................................Naeher

20. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Menges and McDonald in, Klingenberg and Hinkle out (injuries).

kernel_thai and lil_one repped this.
  21. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    I'm obviously not happy about injuries, but I'm extremely happy for these two players who got a call up. I thought their play in NWSL merited this regardless of other circumstances.

Namdynamo, kernel_thai and CoachJon repped this.
  22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It's also a bit little old home week for McDonald. She had two years with Morgan in Portland, one year with Ohai in Houston and one year with Williams in WNY. At east they wont need name tags.

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Good on Menges. Much like Ohai, this 3-5-2 experiment seems to fit Menges to a tee.

24. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    McDonald and Menges certainly deserve a try for the NT. The only other player on the current roster who doesn't have a cap is (I think) Edmonds.

I hope all three get capped.

Position wise, Menges seems to have a chance to make the team -- not a very good one, but a chance. But where does McDonald fit? Nevertheless, I'm pleased to see that she gets a look-see.

25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think Menges has a decent chance if Ellis plans to keep a 3back and a lesser one if she plans on going back to four defenders.