Rumor: Nov 14 - Slovakia vs USA?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Canadian_Supporter, Oct 12, 2017.

1. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    With all due respect, I say Bullshot. Look at it as an opportunity. Mr. Canuckistan says we're irrelevant, a minnow. That's what I would preach to the players called in. "Men, our opponent today thinks that we're going to be a pushover. They think that you play for a team that couldn't qualify out of Hack-a-Caf. This is our world cup. Get your ass out there and show what you have. What we have. Beat a team that is going to to the world cup. In their house. Shut the world up."

Also, obviously, leave T-Ho, Guzan and Rimando at home.

I'd for sure call in Puli, Cameron (to play CM), Williams, McKennie, Miazga, Gonzalez, Arriola. Would love to see Rowe if he's healthy. I'm not for going all in on kids that aren't playing for their team.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Trash talking? So you're telling me that loss against Trinidad B team never happened?

Nowhere on my post was I talkingntrash about the US, only mirroring what US analysts have said all week.

No need to be so sensitive. It's a bigger catastrophe for Chile and the Netherlands to miss the world cup than the US.

3. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    CONCACAF is bigger than the USSF. Get use to the fact that in the world of FIFA, the US is far from being the "top dog".

If you don't understand the logic behind building the region like Europe is doing with the league of nation and what CONMEBOL has done all along, you really don't understand the world of football

4. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I question your knowledge of football outside the USSF, watching MLS and the world cup...seriously. Get informed

5. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Seriously? That's your response? I fart in your general direction. Go home troll.

I've been watching soccer as closely as is possible in the U.S. since I watched the WC in Europe in '86. No mames, guey.

adi21 repped this.
  6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a USA forum. Other teams don't matter.

The US is not going to improve by playing even more games against weak CONCACAF minnows and by negating the ability to play friendlies against Euro and South American sides.

7. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oh I don't question that you watch the game... just that you don't seem to understand how FIFA works. That's all. Claiming that the US would be "burden" to build up CONCACAF is truly laughable

8. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Seems very likely that most of the veterans will be out and new blood will be replacing them.

Playing European nations won't teach the how to win in CONCACAF, which is necessary to qualify for future world cup. Besides, Europeans nations UNANIMOUSLY endorsed the UEFA league of nations....meaning, they aren't losing sleep over not playing the US...remember that

Actually, it makes tones of sense for the new blood to play in CONCACAF and learn how to get results on the road. The US are out because they couldn't win on the road. Like Bruce Arena said when he dared those "Euro hotshots" to play in CONCACAF, he does have a point... it can get brutal physically and mentally.

Denying the new blood that valuable experience isn't wise...

9. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    If the USA is not going to get better playing CONCACAF minnows then how will it's constituent players get better trading blows with the players who just beat us and now live in the usa and work in MLS?

10. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    "Oh I don't question that you watch the game... just that you don't seem to understand how FIFA works. That's all. Claiming that the US would be "burden" to build up CONCACAF is truly laughable"

This is what you said:

"Some observers are starting to joke/observe that MLS has helped CONCACAF national teams more than they helped the USMNT."

That assertion has merit. That's one example.

Letting cash strapped confeds play friendlies here, just so that they can infuse cash into their programs, that's another.

"Wake up man, those nation don't care nor want to face the USA. There's a huge disconnect between what you think the world truly thinks of the USMNT and how the world really does views the US and that trend seems to transcend sports."

1) You're wrong - the U.S. has never had trouble lining up friendlies.
    2) The only news I listen to is the BBC. The only radio, really. So, I've got a pretty good handle on how the Brit's perceive us. (they are obsessed with the U.S., btw)
    3) bringing politics into a soccer forum is, by definition, trash talk.
    4) You want an example of dragging Hack-a-Caf along by the collar of their shirt? I'll give you one: Including Canada in the WC bid. WTF? Like, with the U.S. and the Putoleros in the bid, who needs Canada? Having Canada will make a difference? No creo que si.

Mayyyyyyyybe because it waters down the impact of including our homophobic amigos del sud. But, I can't believe including Canada is anything but ....... charity.

I'm done with your trolling, your idiotic assertions, and your talking out of more than one orifice. Who has time for this sh*t?

Going back to talking about possible friendlies coming up, if anyone is still interested. And, you're going on ignore.

In the immortal words of Jonathan Richman: bye-bye!

11. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #61 Robert Borden, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Let go of the past. I'm talking now. Euro nations unanimously voted for the league. Surely at least one nation would have opposed it so they wouldn't lose friendlies with the US.:)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hum...no Canada and Mexico, no US 2026 world cup. That's how low the chances of a US solo bid were especially since you guys elected that racist lunatic.

Wow...you lose 1 game and you drag the Mexicans in this with xenophobic ranting... It's only 1 game, get over it.

Says the condescending/arrogant xenophobe (racist?) who such a sore loser his team lost to Trinidad B team he has to resort to insults and xenophobic rants...

Sad... very sad

12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They beat us but it will be a different us after we clean house and bring in a new generation. And I'd prepare that generation against better competition than CONCACAF minnows if it were my choice.

I'd say the friendlies against poor opponents under Bruce and the B/C team GC masked a bunch of problems and gave a false sense of security.

beerslinger23 and juveeer repped this.
  13. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Beating those teams gets you to the world cup. What's the point if you can't beat them at home? The US was winless on the road except against St.Vincent last round.

Might be a good idea to have the new blood get results in the region and at home.

14. eainterplay

eainterplay Member

May 11, 2008
    Alabama
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd honestly be cool with a CONCACAF + CONMEBOL league. Heck you could even throw Oceania in there and let New Zealand play with the big boys give the rest of CONCACAF more crap to play with.

ussoccer97531 and JJV1994 repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Interesting. Things are certainly gonna change, but the loss of cross confederation games will not help the US.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't think a CONCACAF league of nations will be a "solution".

A combined CONCACAF/COMNEBOL could be.

TOAzer repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Same thing happened in 2006.

Compare the friendlies JK lined up before Brasil to Bruce's in 2006. LOL!

18. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree with that, however it's a tough sell to CONMEBOL. In their minds, what's in it for them?

19. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Friendlies are friendlies. Beating Germany and the Netherlands away did nothing to help us win a Gold Cup a couple of months later. And playing a bruiser of a CONCACAF game in a made up league is not going to help us progress to a new level.

Friendlies don't change much of anything. Never have, never will. Only difference is now Euro scouts will have less exposure to CONCACAF players than they once did.

20. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Friendlies isn't going to get the US to the next level.

A complete rethink/revamp of youth development will. Just like Germany did.

People tend to overrate how much friendlies actually improves a program.

21. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    That would be great.

22. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Except, as someone analyzed and pointed out in a thread on here when this was initially rumored, there's no possible way this is financially viable for the minnows if they're only playing each other. They don't have the cash to travel 6-8 additional times a cycle to play each other. So the only way it's financially viable is if the revenue-generating teams (Mexico, the US, and to a much lesser extent Canada and Costa Rica) are going to be regularly playing the likes of the Virgin Islands and Bermuda.

Furthermore, part of the problem we've had lately is that we play these teams so often that we don't scare them any more. We play teams like Honduras, Panama, T&T, Costa Rica all the time. Between WCQs and the Gold Cup we've played Panama 5 times this cycle, T&T 4, Honduras 3 (that's not counting friendlies, which off the top of my head I know we've played Panama at least once). How exactly do more games against those teams help us?

Hislop's comments are 100% spot on, but not wanting to take part in this shxtshow of a CONCACAF money grab has nothing to do with it.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  23. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Do you have difficulty with reading comprehension. I said there was no reason to include Canada. I didn't say no reason to include Mex. It's Canada that's the charity case here. And, your failure to respond to that point is basically an admission.

Actually, I think that since Mex qualified and we didn't, the bid should be re-proposed, with Mexico getting the majority of the matches. They're the soccer country on the continent - why should we get most of the matches? Play the games in Mexico.

Xenophobe? Racist? What are you talking about. Wait, you're down with the "P*****" chant? You're a homophobe? Wow.

And, speaking of Trump, you must be studying his style: "Sad... very sad[" Next, you're going to be saying "bigly."

24. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really think it might be too early with the failure looming. That would even impede getting a look at players that isn't possibly skewed. Plenty of guys may sleepwalk.

But if we go through with this, the roster should be almost all hungry, un-integrated players who are young enough or old/proven enough to have a good shot at impacting the team in 2022. It shouldn't include vets or reserve/low-level players. You'll end up regretting either one. We have to start treating it like every single cap is precious. Our casual attitude about friendlies/b-team comps and 15-23 on the roster ended up preventing us from getting that many points in the hex like we usually do.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just pretend we're prepping for the world cup. Most people don't even know we're out & if they think it's prep matches, they're more likely to go and pay some good money to watch.