Noticias Sobre El Equipo [R] V

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by DGreat, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Someone please pull a Tonya Harding on Salcido

Or should I say, a Nancy Kerrigan

Either or, that guy needs to GTFO

2. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    #4377 El_LatinLover, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Gladly. You may have not read it earlier, but the backline is actually playing well...in general(and for backups) from when I wrote that through last semester. Meaning, we have backups, and they have kept the it together for the most part of games, and usually have, like I mentioned earlier, defensive breakdowns in coordination.

This take of mine was mentioned in reference to, if you would have cared to read and follow the context, how the defense has kept, ...in general, the score at zero and our offense not helping the defense out by scoring and putting the game out of reach; we have lost many games this way when we are up 1-0, for instance.

lulz. Do you read "FREE PHONE" at a store and think you will get a free phone by just walking up and taking one?

#Context

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Big match against Santos as Chivas is in a must win situation. A defeat could potentially leave the club out of playoffs contention.

I know it sounds exaggerated but a loss would be the third straight defeat at home and the loss of 9 points which are more difficult to recover on the road.

The magic number to qualify to liguilla is 25pts. So, Chivas has to make 21 points out of 36 possible from their next 12 games.

Let us look at what is in store for the goats: a though game against an on-fire Santos at home followed by Queretaro on the road.

My prediction: 1pt (Ideal results: 4pts)

Then there is a tricky game against Pachuca at home. This match could go either way. My prediction: 1pt

Then the fun begins... Away at Pumas followed by a superclasico at home against America. Then away to Lobos BUAP in a must win match as the club return home to host Tigres.

My prediction: loss to Pumas and America, win over Lobos and draw against Tigres. 4pts.

At this point Chivas will have 10 pts and 14 points away from Liguilla with 5 games 15pts left to dispute. Which is why I don't see the goats recovering.

Neymadres and Emigomez repped this.
  4. cesarmontes11

cesarmontes11 Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Smh, always the pessimist.:thumbsdown:

5. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At what fixture are they going to quarantine players for Russia?

6. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Seems that way but I had also predicted that Chivas would win the Liga MX title and I can see them with good chances to lift the CONCACAF Champions Cup.

There is a FIFA Match Day coming up next month March 23rd and 27th. I'm not sure how many goat players will be called up.

In any case the CCC starts on the 22nd for Chivas with an away game and I'm guessing this is the tourney Almeyda will aim to win.

Screenshot_20180208-040145.jpg

Neymadres repped this.
  7. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Concacaf would be cool to win

Various Styles repped this.
  8. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I don't think one needs to choose one tourney over the other one. If the Conc had a group stage, then sure, but it's already in a bracket(home and away); you could be out, literally in one week.

9. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fack with the way we have been playing we could loose to Cibao FC lol

10. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This team is so damn frustrating to watch

Offense is doing everything except scoring and our backline is a total joke

Neymadres and Various Styles repped this.
  11. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    #4386 El_LatinLover, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Exactly.
    --------
    Okay, so I did not watch last week's game, but did cantch this one. This shit is mental. THey play with fear. Santos had pretty much two plays and two goles; one of which was started because of the tenuous play in the mid, losing the ball, and gettin a fluky counter attack score, while the other was a long ass, gliding pass that was abilitated by Sanchez, while leaving the scorer alone for the header.

Also, ALmeyda has to realize that his one 9 scheme is not working--especially because the 9, Pulido, leaves the box to go to the wings or receive the ball down the middle. We cannot have an empty or one player in the box, guarded by 3-4 defenders, while a winger sends a centro.

We play better than the other team, but our tentative play usually contributes to the counter attack goles. The defense played well most game, again, and lost becaus of a zombied out mentality afflicting our team.

Pizarro lost like five balls because he refused to pass it; other players did that same thing to a lesser extent. The funny thing is that Pizarro refused to pass it to Aris in most of those passes, because, I assume, he does not trust him at all.

Jesus.
    ---------------
    Did anyone else notice how toward the end, when Aris left the game, Conejo played really well as a RB? I know Aris is LB, but I would send Conejo to LB to team up with Cisneros(or vice versa); he played really well at that spot.

The scheme makes it seem like it's crowded up top, without any efficacy on offense: Conejo, Pizarro, Cisneros, Chofis, Pulido. That's 5 offensive players and often their box looked deserted of our forwards, while just outside it it was L.A. traffic gridlock.

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  12. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    stick fork the season is over for this team.

Various Styles and Neymadres repped this.
  13. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Idk what to say about this team lol

14. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    They're in a serious mental funk. We know the talent is there. Almeya has to fix it by benching and/or changing tactics.

He is literally sending the same squad out there, with the same formation, and expecting something to change.

[insert insanity anecdote here]

Phantomengineer89 and DGreat repped this.
  15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You never know with Liga MX

The team could go on a winning streak and could very well get into the liguilla, especially when the top 8 teams are dropping points as well

I agree with @El_LatinLover

The team needs to start playing two strikers. The past few seasons we played some of our best games with both Pulido & Zaldívar on the pitch. Time to start with both Pulido and Ronaldo

Phantomengineer89, DGreat and Neymadres repped this.
  16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly bro i don't care at this point. The team is playing like hot shit, I canceled my trip for the clasico weekend. I'm not wasting money to see garbage

Neymadres and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  17. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol, yeah same here. I’m kinda glad we ended up not buying plane tickets last month to Guadalajara when Volaris had that special going on

Two friends and I were set to go in March for the clásico but last minute ended up not getting our tickets

Going to Oaxaca in April instead though :thumbsup:

18. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tied 2-2 with Queretaro tonight. Pulido scored a brace and the team looked really good in the 2nd half.

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'm still spot on with my prediction that Chivas would only get 1pt from the Santos and Queretaro games. There's some positives from the Queretaro match and I can see this team being a real threat in the CCC. In Liga MX, Chivas is just not that strong.

Neymadres repped this.
  20. Jacob Johnson Ramirez

Sep 8, 2014
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I would say they need to break bank and vring in players, but they seem unwilling or unable to do so

21. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I didn't see the game, so I don't know how they played. However, I did see that they played with two CMs and two 9s. I did see the highlights, and it seems--surprise--like we had tons of missed goles up top and two errors on the backline turned goles--one being the brilliant Cota.

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Puebla are currently in 5th place of the Liga MX table - this team with a modest squad is well on its way to make the playoffs and they did it using one simple truck that has Almeyda pulling his hair!

All the Camoteros have done is win at home. This is something that Chivas has not been able to do all season. Next up will be the Tuzos who can be a tricky opponent. Chivas have already lost 9pts at home so a draw will not be good enough. A win is needed to maintain hope. I predicted a draw but I believe Chivas has what it takes to beat Pachuca.

IMG_20180215_042232.jpg

23. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They played like crap the first half.

Pulido scoring at the beginning of the second half injected life into the team, they had the opportunities to win but Volpi always shows up against Chivas.

I am glad the team responded well and not deflated towards the end of the second half.

24. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I only managed to watch the 2nd half but the team looked good. Again, they wasted tons of opportunities and could have gone home with 3 points

At least the backline looked a lot stronger. Amazing what benching Salcido can do.

Neymadres repped this.
  25. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Dude, Salcido was filling in because of injuries. Obvious that starters are usually better. The only thong we need is that Aris sub.