North Korea (Korea DPR) Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by ChaDuRi671, Jan 23, 2013.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It shouldn't be the first time you saw him. He was the talented no. 9 who scored the equaliser for the North Korea U-16 team facing our U-16 team including the Barca kids in the final of 2014 AFC U-16 Championships. Also, weirdly enough he was also based in Barcelona at the time training with Marcet Foundation.

His dribble @0:15 and goal @0:45.

killaorca repped this.
  2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    'Highlights' of his debut:

3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    NK got better young talent than SK lol
    [​IMG]

seolseol, killaorca and chook90 repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #304 Dax, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn and he's only 18...

6. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Scored his first goal against Joe Hart as well.

Curious to see how Choe Song-hyok would have been if he wasn't kicked out from Fiorentina.

killaorca repped this.
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    man I wish they were all playing for us instead :(

chook90 repped this.
  8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i wish messi and ronaldo could play for korea. too bad for me they are from a different country just like the north korean

jessypjs repped this.
  9. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Meanwhile BSH and LSW are still playing football with high schoolers lol.

melonbarmonster, chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Messi and Ronaldo aren't Korean, unlike this guy. They have zero connections to us.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  11. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    he was raised in north korea as a north korean under the protection and funding of north korean youth nurturing programs so he plays for the north korean national team. wishing he would play for south korea is about as stupid and ignorant as wishing messi would play for us. this isnt guy isnt some third generation hippie raised in japan opting to play for the north because he thinks it will help bring peace and hope to the country

and exactly what connections do you have with him? were you two raised in the same city? did you grow up watching the same tv shows and cartoons? did you fight in the same side of a war at one point? were you brainwashed by the education system of same government? lol

12. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And what 'connections' you have with us? You're a gyopo am I right? Put politics aside, his blood is Korean.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Constitutionally, North Koreans are regarded as South Korean nationals. How is wishing that a DPRK player played for us anything similar to Messi or Ronaldo. Jokes lol...

14. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Internationally, DPR Korea and Korea Republic are independents and different States. They get their own territory, government and citizens. That's why they also have their own national team.

15. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So? Korea is a divided nation by unfortunate circumstance, and wishing that a Korean player played for a Korean team is not the same as wishing Ronaldo or Messi did.

16. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This guy has no link at all with Korea Republic : he has never put down a feet there and it seems he doesn't want to play there.
    So there is no reason to play for SK. Yeah, Lee Seung Woo is Korean too, so should he play for North Korea ?

Then, do not tell me that constitutionally he is South Korean. That's not true. As long as he is on NK soil he is under North Korean law and jurisdiction. He is just potentially South Korean, it means he will be treat as a South Korean if only he would join South Korea, but that's not the case.

batumchange2 repped this.
  17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    He's Korean. There are Koreans living out side of South Korea. If you do some traveling and meet Korean diaspora, you'll realize that South Korea has a very Japan and US influenced version of Korean culture. That's not necessarily good or bad but you are being pretty stupid if you think North Koreans are not your brothers.

Secondly, if you're South Korean your stance should be that North Koreans are also Korea Republic citizens. You should be asserting South Korean position ahead of 'international' recognition of North Korea.

Radu Razvan and 10August2012 repped this.
  18. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am not Korean and no matter what Korea Republic might consider, Korea DPR exists, it's a fact. By the way, KDPR doesn't recognise Korea Republic either but they exist as a state too.
    Moreover, Han was born and raised in Korea DPR (and these facts involve many things) and has never been to South Korea. He has never shown in one way or another, that he is willing to play for SK. As things stand, there is no reason for him to play for SK.

batumchange2 repped this.
  19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guys, I don't think Killaorca was trying to start an argument over Han's citizenship/FIFA nationality status. What he was saying was he "wish" Han (who plays in Serie A as striker) play for KNT (understandably so since we have to deal with K2 strikers).

Aside from this, I don't wishing Han to play for KNT is on the same level as wishing Ronaldo or Messi, since Han probably speaks Korean as native toungue as do most (if not all) KNT players.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I know the chance of him playing for us is basically non-existing, but it's nice to think about the hypothetical if Korea was a united country. Just imagine all the potential we might have in football if we can access North Korean population,

jessypjs repped this.
  21. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He is technically right in that under the SK constitution, this guy is a South Korean. But in practice that means little, because NK is a real country (unlike what the SK constitution says).

jessypjs repped this.
  22. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's nice to know somebody has been thoroughly brainwashed by American media.

10August2012 repped this.
  23. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It is called international law: KDPR has all the criteria required to be considered as a State. I don't know what the matter with American media o_O

24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #324 10August2012, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    This whole discussion started because someone compared the naturalisation of Messi or Ronaldo to the KNT to the hopeful thought of a North Korean player played for the South Korean NT.

You're only arguing that the DPRK is it's own seperate state, a fact which we ALL know and understand, and somewhat of an arbitrary point to make in this discussion as no one argued the contrary.

However, me alongside others, are disagreeing with the fact that wishing to recruit a NK athlete is the same as recruiting Messi or Ronaldo, due to several reasons. A prominent one being that although the ROK and DPRK are seperate states (as you've said), the ROK recognises all DPRK citizens as ROK nationals, and although ROK citizenship acquisition is a complex process for DPRK citizens, it is by far a different situation than that of naturalising a foreigner such as Ronaldo.

Personally, I think that even discussing DPRK, ROK and citizenship is excessive. How is wishing for an ethnic Korean player to play for the KNT outrageous at all? Countries frequently nationalise foreigners and the U-20 KNT even has a german-raised halfie playing. Moreover, even French born and bred Aubameyang plays for his ethnic home, Gabon.

So, why so dismissive of the idea of an ethnic Korean playing for a Korean team? No one said it was plausible, only wishful thinking.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  25. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah You're right : You were saying that constitutionally NK people are regarded as South Korean citizens and then I just answered that DPRK is an independent State (from international point of view) and thus has his own national team. So it is obvious Han play for NK as things stand.

Comparing Messi/Ronaldo's case to Han's one is excessive, we agree. However it is just a way to say Han (like Messi and Ronaldo) belongs to another national team and thus, it is logical for him to play here.

I don't think that considering Han might play for SK is outrageous. But, you can't compare his situation to Kevin Harr or Aubameyang one. That's completely different : You can't consider that North Korean living in DPRK is a South Korean diaspora, it simply doesn't reflect the reality. So there is on earth an independent country called DPRK which is 100% composed by a South Korean diaspora ? I think, North Korea's citizenship and nationality are autonomous and being North Korean is way different than being South Korean : Han belongs to North Korean's community.