Noah Zantman to SC Cambuur

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Snip:

The 16-year-old Cypress Lake High student signed his first professional contract with Dutch club SC Cambuur last month.

“It was a relief, and a very emotional moment,” Zantman said. “I felt incredibly happy. And, honestly, I really didn’t know how to react.”

Zantman, a native of the Netherlands, will head to Europe in mid-July to start training with SC Cambuur. The club plays out of the city of Leeuwarden in the top flight of Dutch soccer, but was relegated from the top division, Eredivisie, to the second division, Eerste Divisie, in May.

Zantman’s father, Simon Membre, played on the same club when he was his son’s age. The 5-foot-10 winger, who moved to the Naples area when he was 8, has come a long way from sending out highlight tapes, which featured a speedy 13-year old with a deadly left foot, to professional clubs around Europe.

The highlights were enough to earn him a tryout with Eredivisie’s FC Groningen.
    http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...s-zantman-signs-pro-soccer-contract/85937148/

Given what it says above, it's not 100% clear that he's a citizen, but a YouTube video that seems connected to family lists him as from Holland/USA so let's go with it.

Cambuur has some YA history, notably as a former club of Gregg Berhalter.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  3. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015
    An individual with loose ties to Noah's joining Cambuur believes his mother may be American.

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't find him listed on the team website anymore.

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman repped this.