No Re-election Needed, The Mayor Turns to Coaching: Cherundolo at Hannover

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by bshredder, Mar 19, 2014.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    so what's the 411 on their u-15 squad? And his role for them?

2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Seems like forever since that season where they nearly finished in a CL spot.

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Any news on his new position?

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I repeats. Whats new with Steve and Hannover?

6. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    news.google.de

Have at it. Let us know what you find.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    My German is dreadful. However my Swedish is up to par

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    According to the German version of Wikipedia, he is coaching the U-15's with H96.

Frontzeck's assistant coach for 2015 is Christoph Dombrowski.

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Hannover got relegated

10. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Two weeks ago. But they have a new young coach and seem to be playing a little better now that they're in their last week in top flight. He's giving PT to a lot of kids too.

11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Cherundolo is also on track to get relegated from the Bundesliga with the U17, which he is coaching currently.

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    what's happening there?

13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Cherundolo doing the colour commentary on Eurosport's coverage of Hertha v.s Schalke today.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new profile:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...urce=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_m_medium=t

Now, the 37-year-old, still with Hannover, is starting to create minor ripples in the coaching ranks. It remains early days, but there is informed talk that he could be headed for the very top in Germany — someone in the minds of club senior figures as potentially a future head coach of his adopted hometown club.

Cherundolo is currently the club’s U-17 team head coach, a level which can be a notoriously fickle beast. This season, though, his charges are riding high in the league table, challenging for top spot.

“I would like to get my schooling done here in Germany first, my badge out of the way, and then get another year of experience,” he says. “Then I’ll feel prepared to take over a team in a higher division. Something I want to avoid is getting into a situation that I’m not prepared to handle. And that’s what I’m concentrating on now, getting my skills in the right spot, to where I’ll be able to handle any situation that comes my way.”

The weird part of the article is that they quote Joe Enochs extensively, while never mentioning he's an American (and American-raised, to boot) and complaining that American coaches are hard to find in Europe.

15. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I think they assume anyone bothering to read a fourfourtwo feature about Cherundolo coaching u-17s already knows who Joe Enochs is :D

Thanks for the update

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Cherundolo is such a Legend at that club. Amazing to see club loyalty to exist in this day and age. I recall back around WC 2010 Roma were interested in him

17. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Tanned, rested and ready! Dolo for President!! :D

Please God let it (or something - anything - like it) happen and soon. Pleeaase . . . :confused:

LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    he needs to write an autobiography

msilverstein47 and Winoman repped this.
  20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    When I think of one club men in the modern game it's quite small and pretty much only local born guys. The fact that he's a Yank and it's a German club has to have a huge add-on for his legacy.

21. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.espnfc.us/german-bundesl...former-us-star-on-coaching-national-team-more

The Mayor has spoken! Some great stuff in here. Definitely worth a read. This dude just gets it. He just does. Dolo definitely has his finger on the pulse of things and has a god head on the shoulders. Well..........I guess that's the reason he keeps getting re-elected! :) :D

He mentions wanting to come home...............paging Bob Bradley. Paging Bob Bradley! He could still work on his UEFA licenses and be an assistant.

sakibomb523 and Winoman repped this.
  22. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrific interview, thanks for posting the link! I hope that he would become MNT coach at some time in the future. I believe he would be successful.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I would hope he sticks with Hannover. They're back in the Bundesliga so it's a great opportunity. MLS can wait.

24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dolo's former coach Korkut reportedly wants him as an assistant at his new gig in Stuttgart.

25. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States