[NO-R] 3/24-3/30 Technical Problems EURO 2008/Friendlies

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielmak, Mar 23, 2007.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Setanta has a bad record with technical problems during international weeks (although that bad record is still better than not showing the game at all). Let's use this thread to report technical problems only, including games that start early or late, have problems with aspect ratio, or problems with sound. This will allow people to re-record matches in case the re-run fixes the problem(s). Also report any changes in the schedule (i.e., another game is shown rather than what is listed on the Setanta web site).

I have mentioned Setanta; however, the thread can certainly be used for FSC/FSE, ESPN2, Univision and Telemundo matches as well (although Setanta and FSC/FSE are the only stations that usually re-run games).

Plese don't use this thread to complain about announcers, tickers, or other graphics issues. Take care.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I watched ISR-ENG last night on Setanta (I guess it was the first free showing?). They had a technical glitch about halfway through the 1st period that the announcers acknowledged. So I guess it was a problem on the PPV as well. Can't fault Setanta for that one.

Thx,

Jay!

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I recorded all of the games but haven't had a chance to watch Turkey-Greece (or Greece-Turkey) and Portugal-Belgium. But it seems like the matches started on time. Since I watched games that came after both those matches, I can say that the games must have ended on time. So no problems with Setanta so far. Let's hope that is true on Wednesday and Thursday.

BTW for folks who don't normally check Telemundo, the Italy-Scotland game airs this Saturday on delay. And it looks like England v. Andorra has one showing on Friday night on Setanta. Just hope you don't get thick cloud coverage at that time. Take care.

4. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005

According to Setanta's listings, the first (and only) showing of Andorra-England is on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 pm EDT. The Italy-Scotland match on Telemundo is at 4 pm EDT & PDT Saturday. (Incidentally, Telemundo's Sunday game is Columbia-Paraguay)

5. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Thanks for the update on the Andorra-England game. Soccertv.com had it listed on Friday at 9 PM EST but the Setanta site has Leeds-PNE at 8:30 EST. I'm going to play it safe and use the manual record on Friday and then record again on Saturday.

6. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Setanta 155pm Wednesday, Turkey - Norway...

JIP at about 3 minutes in, 3 minutes after 2.

You miss the lineups. The replay will probably be correct, but don't hold me to it.

Thx,

Jay!

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    4pm Serbia - Portugal has started without commentary audio. Setanta acknowledged this with a banner 2 minutes in. Solved it (for now) about 4 minutes in. Didn't see lineups. They're getting a workout today.

And they lose it again about 6 minutes in. Very bad static coming through. Turn down the speakers! It's probably going to be spotty for a while.

Thx,

Jay!

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Thanks for the update. I recorded both games on the first run. The Norway-Turkey games starts about 3 minutes in and the Portugal-Serbia game obviously started early. I am learning that in these 4 hour blocks it is better to use manual record if I don't want the second game to stop 30 seconds in. I can't record the first game for less than the 2 hours for fear that the first game will run long but when I go the full two hours on the first game, the second game gets chopped at the begging with part of it on the end of the first recording and the rest on the second. What pisses me off about this is that the second game is on delay so why do they need to start it at 55 after? They could show another Living Legends or some more UNICEF commercials and then start the game at 2:00. Anyway, I will try to re-record the 2 AM-4:30ish CST showings with manual record to be safe. Hopefully the sound problems and chopped Norway-Turkey problem will be fixed.

Anyway, thanks for the update, Jay. Take care.

9. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSC spolied the result of the Czech Republic v Cyprus match around the 80th minute with their brilliant (well, embarassingly bad) ticker.