No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we're losing Morata in M'bappe's arrival then I'll be pissed. The only way I'd be comfortable with Benzema staying is if M'bappe has an automatic starting role. In that case, then it wouldn't make sense for Morata to stay. Either way, we have to handle this striker situation very carefully and I'll be waiting to see the outcome before I jump on any hype trains or other forms of transportation.

9Qui repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Losing Morata will hurt but if we replace him with Mbappe we will be upgrading in a huge way so that's awesome for us.
    Also, signing Mbappe means Benzema on the bench with a possible sale next summer. That is also awesome for us.

What i'm trying to say is..... gotta sign Mbappe. :D

djak_24, Zidane05, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  3. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    still we are loosing 2 and signing just one. theoritically :D

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Hahhaa..

I should have added to the post that by next summer (hoping we sell/give away Benzema then) we will know where we stand with players like Mariano and Mayoral and Ronnie will be one year closer to the end. At this time we'll have Mbappe, young superstar and Ronnie, the aging veteran. We can either sign another striker at that time or get a pacy winger. Also factoring in Bale's future. But we'll have lots of options at that point.

5. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Whatever way we look at it , this is really foolish to let go of both James and Morata while holding on to Bale and Benzema .

Add to that CR7 , despite his stupendous form is not getting any younger .

James had good stats despite inconsistent starts and Morata did as much as is possible while being a substitute. We are preferring a 30 year old who has huge ups and downs ( mainly downs ) in his form, a 28 year old who has missed close to 50% playing time due to his injuries to players like James and Morata who have grit to fight it out , and also produce decent numbers when given opportunities.

Also, since we have shown that we may be playing the diamond formation it makes sense to keep James. Current striker market is also so thin - Morata has speed, strength , good technique , on top of it he is a cantanero , and has scored all kind of goals - what more does he need to do to get a fair look in ?

In all honesty, signing Mbappe is not a luxury, but a necessity.

Halycon and robnycus repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, can't let Morata go unless we are signing Mbappe. As for James, he wants to play in big games and that hasn't happened with Zidane. Asensio got above him in the pecking order in big games. So don't see him staying. I think we will have the same depth next season with Mbappe and Asensio getting more minutes. Plus Llorente will give competition to Casemiro. Theo is versatile as well.

7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    In a world where Benardo Silva rakes in 80 mln , no way we are selling James for 42 mln .

This is going to be a long summer .

8. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    It ain't 80 but 70m euros i can see that city are buying well and young as well so people can understand the new policy of the club with us trying to purchase the likes of mbappe and theo.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10559 4x4s, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    James leaving is directly connected to Asensio getting a bigger role next season which is something i'm very cool with.

petros93, rrrrrafik, Akramzizou and 5 others repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    raven3k and Crimson repped this.
  11. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    raven3k, petros93 and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Varane on Mbappe:

"He is a very good player with a lot of potential. He has qualities that we recognize among the great players."

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HIM IN MADRID

"Of course I would be happy. Besides being French, would be well received in the locker room. We will probably have the opportunity to discuss it in Clairefontaine."

http://www.elbernabeu.com/articulo/...itter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=bernabeu

raven3k and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    HYPE HYPE HYPE

raven3k and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We better hope that Mbappé comes good then and that Cristiano lasts.
    James staying could also be directly connected to Bale leaving... :whistling:

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even if Bale leaves, the position is fully Isco-Asensio. I usually forget about Bale by now, he missed almost the entire season.

AriGold and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's hope our manager does the same until the 70th minute next Saturday... :whistling:

17. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even in a diamond formation, james would still be on the bench for isco. Unfortunatley james has no role at the club than as a rotational player. We have asensio on the bench that can fulfill james role, it's best to cash in on him and re invest.

Morata while good still needs playing time to develop which would be hard to come by here - he needs to be an undisputed starter somewhere else.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sounds BS.

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What do you mean he has no role as rotational player.
    Is that why he came in with only 7 minutes left against Barca and scored the equalizer.
    James had much better goals/assist per minutes than Asensio.
    He was directly involved in ~23-25 goals this season which is remarkable for a part time player.
    If Bale is gone and James stays, I can actually see James getting more starts. He is already world class when he plays consistently, we've seen it in his first season here. If we get that same type of performance out of him or better we would be in pretty good shape attack wise.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    So the next announcement should be confirming Theo in the next few days.
    Perhaps announcing Llorente return as well.

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is this guy and what makes him credible? I'm asking this honestly.

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed

24. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Really true don't really know where he gets his informations from but given the way i want mbappe to come here it keeps me dreaming lol.

But you have to agree with because there was a rumour about a bid from liverpool which was quickly denied by them and could pretty much be monaco trying to make it seem as if there is a lot kf interests just too squeeze more money,understandable.

Also a lot of people say he is too young should stay at monaco and come here after the world cup but football goes so fast,an injury and he might never recover his form.

Also the money side of things if i am correct players get 10% of the transfer fee which would mean 10m euros before tax for mbappe so 7.9m euros after the 45% taxes which would represent a lot of money for him and cover for him just in case he geta injured and has to stop his career young career,hopefully he never comes to that.

Mbappe is the real deal and could be the best striker in the world for the next decade and having th3 chance that he could be scoring goals for us is an occasion we just can't miss.

I am more willing for us to pay 100 or more on kylian than 45m euroa on vinicious given the way a lot of young brazilian players have faded too quickly and the way money and partying went to their head which i just don't see with mbappe .