Niue, Palau, Tuvalu, Federated States of Micronesia

Discussion in 'Oceania' started by w-inds., Nov 16, 2006.

1. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
  2. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    mmm...I wonder if there was a decent representative party from Australia at the 40th ANNIVERSARY AT THE OFC CONGRESS, after they voted againest the full confederation status.

Even though they were one of the founding OFC nations, they have turning their backs on OFC about three times? And rarely providing any coaching or developing support for the island nations compare to what NZ has done during those years other than the occasional nicking good players.

Most likely they were there but it probaby be one representative who never had any previous OFC contacts.

... I am just been cynical.;)

But here is the recent development by the FFA to OFC...:eek:

http://www.oceaniafootball.com/index.cgi?det=1&intArticleID=2009&sID=12

Thanks FFA...NZsoccer doesn't have to stretch their OFC committment beyond their own needs. Note the word "Historical" there has never such a deal done before....Must a guilty conscience or just part of the smooth appeasement plan of the FFA changing from OFC to AFC.

Anyway I welcome Niue, Palau, Tuvalu, Federated States of Micronesia and hope they will get the support and development in getting the basic and competitive needs of football. the more members at full status the better chances for place allocation in world tournments and more chances of international games within the confederation.

:)

Hang loose