Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Saw these on Twitter. J league player with Interact soleplate on HV.
    Not sure if he did this by himself or was custom made for him by Nike

hv.JPG

chivamex10, Dr. Boots and Pangu repped this.
  2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Probably by Nike...Alex Morgan had the same on her's as well.

3. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    considering how well done it looks i'd say Nike.

4. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Anyone know where i can get superfly v insoles? Have contacted nike and the dont have a scooby!

5. Nick G

Nick G New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It exists as a visual nod to the Air Max; it is a larger version of the grind they put on the AG models. It isn't doing to do anything for separation - only riveting or stitching the outsole would help that - but it will delay abrasion wear and ripping of the leather if you toe drag a lot or scuff the front of the boot.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  7. peridz

peridz Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Mexico
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Want to post a quick review of mercurial vapor XI TC
    I played yesterday and I have never felt such a discomfort with the soleplate with any other vapor before.
    Upper is great, though it immediately stretched a lot in my opinion, at the beginning I felt a pretty good fit but after 5-10min the it stretched a lot. otherwise all good with the upper.
    Now, regarding the soleplate (I was playing on turf with FG studs), absolutely no problem with grip, the soleplate design is super aggressive and its impossible to slip.
    BUT the negative side, I could feel all the studs in my feet, its been more than 12 hours since I played and I still can feel the stud that is placed in the medium upper side of the shoe in my right foot lol.
    I will try next time with other insoles (asics) but if the problem persists definitely im not wearing them again.
    have you experienced the same pressure with the studs?
    in my opinion it is because the soleplate now is very flexible and thin.

8. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Don't want to be rude but why would you wear FG studs on turf, especially that aggressive ones? It's really risky and definitely not comfortable. I'm not a Nike fan but seems a bit unfair to wear wrong soleplate and then "review" it.

Even the "impossible to slip" part, although sounds good, might not be too beneficial. I strongly advice you to use more suitable soleplate for turf matches or training.

peridz and gusgorman repped this.
  9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Good advice. I know everyone is different in terms of weight, running style etc but I don't think most FG soleplates are suitable for turf at all. Especially the older 3G pitches.

peridz repped this.
  10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only the most basic conical stud patterns work well, assuming the studs are short enough not to drag. Nike's current AG plate is more of less a nubby version of a basic conical plate.

It also seems most FG boots use a cheaper and less durable bonding glue/cement than AG and fall to bits w/use on hot and abrasive turf. Maybe that is how Nike is justifying the up-charge for AG.

11. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    I have to say i am an Adidas man (when it comes between choosing a boot from nike or adidas lines), but new Premier 2 with tongue look awesome. Especially the red model.

Adidas Copa 17.1 were a disappointment. Premier 2 have that classic look and feel, while having an improved soleplate ( compared to original Copas).

12. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    What don't you like about them?
    I've got the TF shoe, and they are so close to being what I want but the compression tongue is a massive fail for me.

13. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    Don't like the looks, no issues with performance.
    If they were going for modern 'copa' look, get rid of synthetic heel (to me it spoils the retro look).
    And what is the point of retro looking tongue which is small and can't be bent over.

14. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    My problems with the tongue are:
    1) Its made of fabric/elastic so doesn't offer you any protection at all
    2) It isn't just a tongue -it wraps all the way round your foot applying slight compression (hence the name). This compression slightly restricts circulation in your foot. Also you haven't actually got leather against your foot so the midfoot is never going to properly mold to your footshape in the way a classic copa would.

edit: Just realised we are in the Nike thread. Sorry everyone!

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :thumbsup: Let's get back too it.

appleCORR

16. Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Anyone know why Nike aren't releasing SG variations of the new low cut hypervenom? The only SG hypervenoms are the DF ones but the other lines all have SG versions of every colour way that comes out. I understand more people play on FG worldwide but the fact that almost all pros wear SG should mean the public should be able to get a pair of their chosen boot in SG. The sooner Ireland moves to summer football the better

17. peridz

peridz Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Mexico
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Yes, i know its not the best surfacece to try vapor xi fg studs, thats why i explicitly pointed it out. But i have played a lot with wide range of fg boots on the same surface and never felt the discomfort or had the same problem with the studs pressure as with the vapor xi and i was really dissapointed .

Anyway, i will post soon pics of a new custom vapor x ag tech craft soon so you guys let me know if you like them or not.

18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not CR7's biggest fan, but jeez, I really like those new cr7 superflys.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Got to agree with you there - Never really liked the massive CR7 that they plaster all over the boots. But these ones are really nice. Up until now I've only ever seen children wearing the CR7 boots. These might appeal to a few more people.

appleCORR

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does anyone have any idea how much a pair of the original Carbon Fibre Vapor (the ones with the carbon fibre upper) would be worth these days? They come with the box, bag etc & the original receipt. They've never been worn.

appleCORR

21. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Saw some of it on eBay for 1000-3000 dollars...
    Depends of size, conservation......

22. Corkin23

Corkin23 Member

Feb 7, 2016
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah but just because someone is looking 1-3k for them doesn't mean they are selling for that. That in mind pair up at the minute for $2299.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's A LOT Not sure they are worth that much. My friend is just considering wearing them. Think I've convinced him not too!

appleCORR

24. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Do you know what size? Do you have a photo?
    Cheers

25. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why not?
    Is not that what they were made for? ;)

(I'm still rocking my Accelerators...)