Nigeria -:- Bosnia and Herzegovina | FIFA World Cup | Group F | 21 JUN 2014 | 18:00 Local time

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Nermin Kolašinac, Jun 16, 2014.

?

Who will win this match?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2014.
  1. Nigeria

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Bosnia and Herzegovina

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    nah

two 0-0 draws are enough since I don't see Iran or Nigeria scoring on Argentina and also don't see them keeping their goal from getting scored on in their games against Argentina

no must wins

2. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Setting yourself up for failure. Shit mindset

3. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    it's a much better mindset than the 'must win' mindset

'must win' attitude is for the knockout stages (in our case)

this IRAN-Nigeria 0-0 draw and scoring that goal against Argentina are all in our favor - we control our destiny - don't need to win but I don't see neither Iran or Nigeria keeping us from scoring on them in the 90 minutes of play - can't imagine that scenario - especially with Nigeria - they have a weak defense but IRAN didn't test them enough today

4. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Must win mindset is every game. Acting like you only need a draw is the best way to ensure failure. Players dont play as hard when needing a draw. Its happened countless times in UCL and in International games.

Every game is a must win. Playing for a draw will be idiotic. Fans wont respect it. Players certainly should never ever have that mindset. The whole point of the World Cup is to see who is the best team. Anyone can play 11 behind the ball and draw.

5. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    nah

adding unnecessary pressure is the height of idiocy

I never said we should play for a draw.

I'm telling you it's not a 'must win'.

Not sure about the 'anyone can play 11 behind and draw'.

IRAN and Nigeria will be playing to draw against Argentina and I don't see them getting a draw.

6. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No both teams will be playing for a win. No one just plays for 3 draws. Too many factors come into play. Goal differential is key. Drawing will ruin that.

Playing for a draw is the dumbest possible thing.

7. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    nah IRAN played for a draw against Nigeria - can't tell me they will be going for a win against Argentina :D

IRAN's goal was not to get scored on at any cost - offense was an afterthought for them - tho they did come closer to scoring than Nigeria

let IRAN and Nigeria play for a win against us - that means they will open up and we will end up scoring - it might be a must win for them not for us - we have the upper hand

goal differential?

Iran and Nigeria will lose at least by 1-0 to Argentina

and if we draw against both of those teams then we move on since we scored on Argentina

ranking in groups goes by
    1. points
    2. goal difference
    3. greatest number of goals scored
    etc

8. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol..It's like one of you is writing in Gujarati or some shit.

Main thing is guys play better when there's less pressure and knowing that a tie is enough will make us play better..You dont have as much nervous energy(see France game as an example of a game where we went in knowing we were going to at least be in playoffs)...It doesn't mean that we wont try to go for a win. Not many players do well under pressure really(hell look at Brazil's first game)...and i predict this entire tourney will go similar for them.

9. TheBosno

TheBosno Member

Nov 16, 2011
    It would be in our best interest to win against Nigeria because if we draw and Argentina wins against Iran they will rest a lot of their players against Nigeria because they would be guaranteed first in the group. At that point we will have all the pressure against Iran who will defend the whole game and any thing can happen in the Nigeria Argentina game.

10. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    dont know why you guys are making this complicated... we got 2 games and we better win both... this is the world cup, you only get 3 games to move on and we already lost 1... drawing with nigeria or iran will take it out of our own hands, if we want to advance we need all 6 points... cant get 4 points and hope the right outcomes happen in the other games

Adi Sarajlija and ABiH12 repped this.
  11. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Next game is really it for us. We beat Nigeria and we have a leg in the door towards knockout rounds. If we beat Nigeria then pressure is really off for last game as we can play more relaxed and play our tempo and our game as we would be contempt with a draw agaist Iran. So i hope our players have gotten the nerves out of their system in first game and understand that a win against Nigeria puts them that much closer to next round.

ABiH12 repped this.
  12. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well of course, we should and will go for a win but there isn't that pressure of "three points or you're going home."

13. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Its the World Cup. Not playing for 3 points usually will result in going home. Putting your fate in other teams hands is extremely dumb.

Qualifying game vs an actual World Cup are two MASSIVELY different things. One game you know that you have a chance regardless. The other you dont know for sure what the other results will be. Massive difference. Rather not leave our fate in anyones hands but our own.

14. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Gotta give credit to Nigerians on their forum. So many admit that we played very well against Argentina. Some of the comments on how we were well positioned, had structure and were the better team first half..

15. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Does anyone know if Salihovic is gonna be fit for Nigeria?

16. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    if he is im curious if Pape will move Kolasinac to CB

17. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    I'd do that maybe against Iran, because they're very weak offensively, but against Nigeria? I mean they're fast and he just returned from a injury... wouldn't risk that, I hope Pape sees that too.

18. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So Susic said that it's possible Ibisevic starts. Back to 4-4-2? Yikes..If that happens i'm skipping the game...I'll have a heart attack with all the open room we'll give to the Nigerians. It's possible to win still but that'll be much riskier approach imo.

19. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    he's clearly against Vranjes at CB , so whats the alternative , wait for Bico to give away 2 goals again

čarobnjak repped this.
  20. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    the only way id be ok with Ibisevic starting is if he starts in Misimovic's place ,

in other words keeping our defense 100% intact

---------Bego---------
    Mujdza-Vranjes-Spaha-Kola
    ------Besic---Pjanic---------
    Hajrovic----------------Lulic
    ------------Dzeko------------
    ------------Ibisevic-----------

Radu Razvan and bosna10 repped this.
  21. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm fully expecting him to drop Hajrovic and replace him with Ibisevic, i hope he doesn't

ABiH12 and bosna10 repped this.
  22. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
  23. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He should just go with the same lineup and change Dzeko to Ibisevic after like 60 minutes. Love the way Ibisevic made that run(he's better at that part than Edin).

Adi Sarajlija and FCBM repped this.
  24. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yea not bad. We could probably afford to go 4-1-3-1-1..where Pjanic's role isn't so defensive.
    Against Nigeria, it's their wingers that really worry me..but with Kola and Mujdza back there i think we should be ok.

25. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think 4-4-2 against Nigeria and Iran will be alright. As long as Miske is out of the lineup, and Ibisevic is in. That's all I care about.