NGSN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Mar 10, 2015.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Here is what I received in response to my question about South American leagues:

We will definitely continue with the same focus in mind. Bringing the best of worldwide soccer, including the South American leagues. The service we have been providing so far is only the beginning, we will continuously improve our services.

We are aware the quality of the Chilean streams did not meet our normal quality standards and we have been working on improving this. The streams will be improved soon!

We are always looking to expand our offer as well and I can tell you that the Colombian league is definitely on our radar.

teamitup76 repped this.
  2. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although vague, it's still a response. Let's hope the Sept. 15 date is accurate and our addictions can be fed from even more continents and leagues!!

3. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else contact NGSN recently? Anymore speculation as to which leagues they will feature?

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Here verbatim is what I heard 10 days ago, "We are working to relaunch as soon as we can, but I do not have an exact date as of yet."

5. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
  6. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    They took out the warning about being closed on the app as well.

7. GanAimnRGU

GanAimnRGU Member

Aug 5, 2016
    "The best soccer experience is almost here! We are currently working very hard on preparing our big commercial launch this summer."

The autumnal equinox is on September 22nd. You have less than 10 days to pull it off NGSN.
    [​IMG]

8. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Had a chance to 'talk" to NGSN (email). Lots of "i" to dot and "t" to cross but things are progressing. Launch will be delayed to "around October 1st". No word on exactly what leagues will be offered yet. That's all I know.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

GanAimnRGU and daniloni repped this.
  9. Cam Reber

Cam Reber New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I got an email saying they will be offering 19 leagues in total and will re-launch in fall of this year.

GanAimnRGU and daniloni repped this.
  10. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I hope that this time around NGSN will designate in advance which matches will be video streamed and which matches will be limited to text timeline updates only. I find it ridiculous that one cannot plan on watching a listed game, since finding out whether it will be video streamed or not is not possible until gametime.

GanAimnRGU repped this.
  11. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    My main hope is that they allow you to watch all archived games going back to the beginning of the season without having the score prominently displayed on the link.

12. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    You should send them an email about this. The reality is that they will probably do a lot of what they did before, but this re-launch is also a chance to take stock and make some minor fixes. I did like that they had an option in the settings to show scores or not show scores. I always want to watch without spoilers so this feature was crucial. The thing I didn't like is that switching commentary meant starting a game over. There was no way to toggle between commentary options, which was sometimes needed for me with Chilean league games given the lack of quality of some of the English language guys. Although my Spanish is crap, I'd still rather not understand 95% of commentary than sit through the piss poor commentary that was used during some of those games. The lack of toggle meant I had to start everything over again.

13. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to understand that for some of these South American leagues, the time of the game, let alone whether it's being broadcast, is sometimes decided just a couple of days before. (My knowledge is of Argentina, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same is true elsewhere in South America.)

14. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005

In my case, the matches I logged in to watch were from the Portuguese and Russian leagues.

Info regarding the telecasts 2-3 days befre the match would be acceptable to me. I have dealt with such changes when findong out the schedules for upcoming Copa Sudamericana or Libertadores matches. I have no problem with NGSN texting matches they have no video for, but they should notate what their coverage is as soon as they know. Not knowing which games will be streamed that day is ridiculous.

I have written them on this, and they always seem to miss the point. They tell me how many other games will be shown, not understanding that I tell them that I am fine with the number of matches they show, except that I would rather have half the number listed if I knew they would be streamed.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maybe they too end up finding out that late?? Who knows..

16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I had an email exchange with a production engineer at DTV a couple years back when they had the rights to the Europa League (or maybe this was when Fox was sub-licensing CL and Europa). I asked about reasons why there was regularly problems with audio on DTV and yet Fox always had it right. He told me that UEFA's feed is a mess. Fox only dealt with 2 games at that time (FSC and FS+), whereas DTV was getting feeds for 4-5 games. He said that rarely was the UEFA info. correct when it came to commentary and channel and sometimes they had video for one game but the audio was for another. If UEFA handled things this way for two of their top competitions, it's hard to believe CONMEBOL leagues are going to be any better. Still, I get the point HDS is making here: drop the listings once you know the game won't be shown.

17. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that they should be better about this. I just know that in the case of the argentine league, the schedule for the weekends games frequently isn't set until Tuesday or Wednesday. (Although they showed all argentine games so the which games they will show doesn't really apply there.) For Portuguese, I think they showed the games that were live on sport tv/benfica tv, so that should have been easy for them to sort out.

18. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are already 3 weeks into September. I hope NGSN comes through soon. My itch for more leagues is starting to rear its ugly, yet addicting, head.

19. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Earlier in the thread, @socceraction said that he had received info that the launch would be around October 1.

I have the same itch. Especially hoping for a return of Eredivisie and Argentine primera (which actually includes the two biggest teams), and would love to see whatever else they have up their sleeves.

20. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    FuboTV has the Argentine Primera, but excludes the Boca and River games. If NGSN can somehow provide live coverage of Boca and River games, they'll have me as a customer.

21. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    T minus 1 day

22. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But do we have any info regarding an October 1st launch? My gf is about to give birth to our son as well. He was due yesterday. Which will happen first I wonder?

23. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @socceraction said in a 9/13 post that NGSN had told him that they plan to relaunch "around October 1." There was never anything official that they were launching October 1. And after this weekend, many leagues respect the international break the following week, so we'll see...

Of course, I'm antsy as well.

teamitup76 repped this.
  24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One would expect that they would provide a launch notice to all former subscribers such as myself. It's pretty much been radio silence unless you contact them. We're not going to get anything this weekend and as daniloni notes above next week is the FIFA break for WC qualifying.

teamitup76 repped this.
  25. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Don't think this really warrants a post, but October 1st has clearly come and gone.................