NGSN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Mar 10, 2015.

1. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fubo just announced that they've secured rights to Primeira Liga (starting next week), which I'm sure they'll put on their outrageously priced Portuguese add-on package. Not sure what it means for NGSN, but I don't see how they can offer it for half the price of the competition. (I mean, they did last year, but you see where that left them.)

2. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    If NGSN actually does come back, we should agree to start a new topic titled "NGSN is Back" as otherwise I get my hopes up whenever I see new posts in this thread.

daniloni repped this.
  3. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. If we don't hear in the next 2 weeks then I doubt it's happening. But fingers crossed. Because, with the leagues, (at least from last year's version), that NGSN offers, Fubotv, Laolatv1, BeinConnect, FoxsportsGo...I got it covered!!! The addiction keeps getting fed.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just want good Dutch Eredivisie streams!!!!

5. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Univision Deportes offered 2 matches this weekend, so, at least we got that!!

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They are carrying PSV matches because Guardado and Moreno play there. I don't know why they carried the Ajax match. This week both clubs play at the same time on Saturday so the PSV game will be shown.

7. Cam Reber

Cam Reber New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Just got an email from their support saying they are looking to re-launch on september 15th. I asked what leagues they will be carrying and are awaiting a response.

MetroChile, daniloni and teamitup76 repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You just made a lot of people around here happy with that news.

teamitup76 repped this.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hmmm, I wonder why they did not email all of us who were previous customers.:(

teamitup76 repped this.
  10. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's all speculate as to which leagues. My guesses: Dutch Eredivisie, Russian Premier, Chilean, Portuguese...I hope at least these 4.

MetroChile repped this.
  11. Cam Reber

Cam Reber New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    No idea. I had previously sent them an email back in April about signing up. They responded with this:

Hi Cameron,
    Thanks for reaching out to us.
    Our apologies for the late reply. As we are working very hard on launching NGSN as soon as possible, we have noticed that certain emails have slipped our attention in the process.
    Our preparations are in full swing and we are planning to re-launch NGSN around the 15th of September. We will update you immediately once this date is final.
    Best,
    The NGSN team

12. Cam Reber

Cam Reber New Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    As long as they have the Eredivisie games, I will be satisfied.

13. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Need more than that to get $8-10/ month out of me. I too like the Eredivisie but I need a few more legit leagues to go along with it!

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to be wrong, but doubt they'll have the Portuguese league given that fubo secured the rights (don't know what language and don't know if it's exclusive*) but requires a $20 per month add on to see the games.

(*it's obviously not completely exclusive, since Univision shows games in Spanish, and GolTV shows (showed?) Benfica home games on delay.)

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doesn't FUBO just pipe matches from existing networks? I'm not sure they have any original matches themselves. I know NGSN carried the Sky Sports feed for the Eredivisie matches last year. The only way the NGSN model works is if there is no US based network that carries the league matches. This was true for many of the leagues that were carried last year.

16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I just received the same message that Cam Reber pasted. I wrote back thanking them and expressing my interest in renewing if they are using on-demand service (which was very unique compared to other soccer-oriented streaming) and South American leagues (including encouraging them to think about Colombia which has the last two CONMEBOL continental cup winners) and is only on SD on DTV and Dish.

17. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    FuboTV is using the feed from PremiumSports which serves bars and restaurants exclusively. The rights seem to be a 3-way deal with PremiumSports, FuboTV and Univision. FuboTV did an additional deal to get BenficaTV feeds in order to show their home games which was not part of the original deal 3-way deal.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

18. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I got the same message from them earlier today, and it made my day!

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's great. I just sent an email to support@ngsn.com to see what's up. I hope that is the right email address; at least that is the one they used last spring when they communicated about the shut down.

20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the death of the Sport TV Americas channel available last season (through fubo and I think also directly from Sport TV), Fubo recently announced that they will carry Primeira Liga games independent of a linear network, the way that NGSN did (although unlike NGSN, I don't know what language the commentary will be in, or whether they are producing their own audio feed or just transmitting someone else's). For $20 per month for the Portuguese "add-on" plus $10 per month for the basic fubo service, I'm not really interested in finding out any more about it.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to pat myself on the back here...
    ...but I suggested that Fubo may do something like that months ago since they have the financial backing that NGSN doesn't.

22. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    They sent me the message through this email address: feedback@ngsn.com

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I'd be willing to pay $10-15 for Chilean Primera. Anything in addition to that would be a "win" for me.

24. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Member

Apr 9, 2005
    I bet only a 100 people in the US would do that.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Right. Hence why I said...."I". :oops: