Neymar

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Brazil_1500, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is it true Real Madrid got him already?

2. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The boy is already playing for Santos in the Copinha, with only 15 years old.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He scored a goal in the Copa SP Junior.

4. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
  5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First goal for Santos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHJ4DbxlLA"]YouTube - 17 YR Brazilian star -NEW ROBINHO -Santos vs Mogi Mirim 03-15-09[/ame]

Damn he looks skinny ...

6. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He scored again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvmjC5gpvk"]Santos x Rio Branco AC Copa do Brasil - GOL de neymar Novo ROBINHO[/ame]

7. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    2nd best attacking prospect in Brazil. 2nd to Coutinho who is miles better than him for what I've seen.

8. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I am happy that Brazil always has kids like these two!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49semrSv6U0&feature=related"]YouTube - neymar vs philippe coutinho[/ame]

enjoy :D

9. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Neymar is a player to have an eye on, that's for sure.

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    [ame="http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM989590-7824-MELHORES+MOMENTOS+DE+SANTOS+X+SANTO+ANDRE+PELA+RODADA+DO+PAULISTAO,00.html"]Globo Vídeos - VIDEO - Melhores momentos de Santos 3 x 0 Santo André pela 16ª rodada do Paulistão 2009@@AMEPARAM@@midiaId=989590&autoStart@@AMEPARAM@@989590[/ame]

11. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I vote Barcelona :D

Forget about Mancha City!!!!!

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You would think his buddy Robinho would tell him enough to keep him away from City.

Real Madrid has apparently developed a list of their concerns about Neymar. Robinho could give him his opinion on them.

I think ultimately it will come down to Chelsea or Barcelona. Muricy has mentioned that Neymar would just be another player at Real Madrid, but I think the same could be said about Barcelona. Neymar will be under the shadow of Messi, kind of like Messi was when Ronaldinho was there. At Chelsea, he may be under greater pressure to perform because he'll be THE guy.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At his age I don't think it's wise for him to be "the guy" at a team like Chelsea or Barcelona. I could see that being OK if he went to Holland or Portugal first. Ronaldo and Messi for example were both broken into the first team slowly before they took the reins of their respective teams (with Ronaldo I am obviously talking about ManU).

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar wouldn't be "the guy" at Barcelona, though. I don't think he would be until he starting nearing his prime, especially when the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta are still there and playing at a World Class level.

15. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    while i think the spanish league will be better suited to his style of play, team-wise, i think chelsea is still the best option. the talent around him is at a level where he won't be outshone, and if he wants to make himself into a name, like a messi or ronaldo (none of this lebron going to miami crap), then he should pick chelsea. him paired with torres is pretty good. and if drogba stays, all the better. they still need to find a midfielder though. can't say lamps has much of a future.

with that said, here's something to think about. what does nike think?!? of the lot, what is the only nike team that has made an offer (not counting umbro).

barcelona.

gotta wonder if 9ine / ribeiro are aware of this. in fact, they are. you can bet nike would boost his endorsements if he was playing for a nike club.

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Real Madrid and City would be the worst options IMO. I am still not sure about Chelsea either. La Liga or Serie A are the best option style wise.

Right now, I think another year in Brazil will do him good.

17. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He didn't talk about this matter after the " five teams" news appeared, but from what he was saying before it he won't be leaving us so soon. :)

18. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007

That is correct! Also - I think he is somewhat naive - he might get over his head on coaches, referee calls, etc - and lose his cool... he needs some kind of maturity, or growing up before adventuring out to Europe...

19. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His salary wouldn't even raise that much.... I can't remember the exact numbers, but he earns here in Santos 6m euros/ year, while Realmadrid is offering 7m or something... Here he can live close to his parents and childhood friends, he is already an estabilished idol, loved everywhere he go, plays for the club he supports... Why would he trade all that for a small raise in his salary, which also includes some time spent on getting used to a whole new culture, spending a lot of time in the bench since Real Madrid's team is already full of superstars, etc?

... Well I say "small raise in his salary", but I wouldn't earn 1m euros in my whole life.... hehe :eek:

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually Neymar makes around 2.8m Euros a year. Your figure is in Reais. So it is a big jump in salary.

And it's not only about the money. It's about the challenge to make it in Europe where they best players typically go to play. Every big Brazilian star in the past 20 years has played in Europe. So there is an ego aspect to it. Plus, whether Brazilians like it or not, players do develop other important tactical aspects of the game by going to play in Europe. Many Brazilian players in the past have admitted so.

21. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hmm are you sure? He does receive "only" around 300k from us a month, but he earns a lot more from sponsors. He just signed some new sponsor contracts, his salary is about 1m reais atm IIRC, that's 12m reais a year or around 5,3m euros... Gotta check it again sometime.

Nonetheless, I reckon he should stay with us for 1-2 more years, it would help him develop his style better.... Plus players at his age need all the playtime they can get, he has a lot of room to improve, and with Santos he could do so with the assurance that he will most likely always be a starter, and also will be an idol for the club's supporters and non-supporters likewise.

The enviroment is less "hostile" to him here. By that I mean that he has to emdure less pressure here, while if he moves to a European club they will always be demanding a performance worthy of his price tag... And at 45m, that's one hell of a performance.

22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    santos pays a certain amount of his salary. maybe 2/3. and the rest comes from sponsors who subsidize the salary.

i believe this is done so that the release clause is more "reasonable," because in brazil, it is proportional to the salary that the team pays the player.

for example, both ganso and lucas have higher release clauses so i believe that santos and sao paulo pay them more. but, neymar makes more overall because of the companies that subsidize part of his contract.

23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah the exact numbers are quite elusive, hard to find definitive proof of his salary, but I guess I have a better idea now after some research:

Right now, he earns 150k from us + sponsors = 600k.

Santos arranged 4 more contracts for him, to be signed when he comes back to Brasil, adding those his salary will hit 1m reais per month. We may even negociate a higher contract clause for him (hopefully) :D

Plus we get 30% of everything Neymar earns from his sponsors, so he is maiking a good profit for us... The 150k we pay for him ends up being less than what we earn from his sponsors.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His father manages his money and only gives him 5k a month ... or at least he used to last year.