Neymar, 2012 and beyond [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by IVO !, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think neymar will have a hard time fitting in with Barcelona's mentality. I remember Pep Guardiola and the rest of the catalans got there panties in a bunch over Danny Alves celebration after a goal. I just can't picture Neymar just smacking fives after a goal so we shall see. Hopefully he isn't Zlatan or Alexis 2.0.

2. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Very insightful indeed

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you have been active in this forum for more than 2 months you would understand.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Everything you're saying has been said before. No need to re-hash it. Neymar has experienced a dip in form which I think it's partially due to exhaustion and over-exposure. Only time will tell if he will live up to some of the hype. But I can tell you, no sane Brazilian thinks he is at a Messi level nor the next Ronaldo. So don't make it look like most Brazilians think that way because there are plenty of skeptics which is proven by him being booed in some of the Selecao games.

Guigs repped this.
  5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Actually I would say Brazilians are his hardest critics. It's to the point that's too extreme, and anybody that even points out Neymar is actually the best player on the team, by number and simply by watching the games, get's knocked down as a Neymidia member and kiss ass.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Why get drawn into the same conversation over and over and over again? Regardless if it's with a troll, someone who doesn't watch the Brasileirao, or someone who does, why are people compelled to respond?

7. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Well he's new to the forum and is walking into a conversation which has been happening for a while, I would hate to be the guy walking into a conversation and people dismiss me before I can argue my points (even if they have already been argued) and they reply to them, giving me a chance to either use critical thinking see if any new information changes the way I think and then agree or disagree.

It's only fair to reply to him.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Strikers and wingers goals per game ratios:
    Past players:

NotreDameFlamengo and Bakaman repped this.
  9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice post Mengão86, source? I need a reliable football database.

I read somewhere in México's forums that Chicharito is close to a 0,7 goal/game ratio. I think it was 0,68.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sent you a PM..

Chicharito is at 0,65 and Fabuloso was at 0,62.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The deal for Neymar was 17 million euros and Santos had to split that with DIS!! Woooow!!

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    His salary is 7 Mil Euros right ? 7 x 5 years =35. 35 + 17 = 53 which is around what Barca said. If that's true ... WOW is correct. But I've never seen transfer deals reported like that (including salary). It almost sounds like there is still some backdoor dealing to exclude DIS out of profits.

But if that's how much Neymar went for ... congrats Santos, you messed up big time.

13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I think there is something hidden under that amount, consider the 3 more players which Barca will now buy, plus the friendlies.. and also the hesitation of coming out with the numbers outright.. I think Santos is trying to screw DIS out of money is 100% correct.

14. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good thing we signed him BEFORE the Confed Cup as opposed to later in the summer, these performances sure haven't lowered his value... :whistling:

IVO ! repped this.
  15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Actually it was Neymar's wish to play for Barca. Chelsea, Real had offered much better deal and he turned them down to choose Barca.

Neymar is on course to win the MVP of this tournament and his price tag will surely be higher
    I am glad he chose Barca as well

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar up to a 0,63 goal per game rate now...

17. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Iniesta has been better so far in this tournament....knowing Fifa though they would probably say Neymar is the best because they seem to judge football almost solely on goals.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny, in another thread it's pointed out that Sergio Ramos is on top of FIFA's Castrol ratings...

But we won't let facts get in the way of your posts, especially when they're so beautifully random as this one. What a non sequitur it was.

19. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Castrol ratings :x3:

"Facts". :x3:

20. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    The Premier League champions have agreed terms with the Barcelona star

[​IMG]

21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar usually gets what he wants.

22. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    At the time I wrote that it's unlikely that Thiago will leave, and I still think it was unlikely then. Now, it's likely (though not 100% given). If a club like ManU offers the kinda salary for Thiago they are rumoured to offer, it's almost "impossible to turn down" kinda deal.

As for Neymar's number, of course if #11 is free, sure, give it to him no problem. But that's completely different scenario than taking the #11 from someone who stays. Thiago leaving does not have that much to do with Neymar entering - they play completely different positions (and obviously Barca isn't pushing Thiago away to free the #11). Anyway, I don't think the #11 is that important for Neymar - for one, he plays with #10 in Brazil though could play with #11 if wanted I guess.

23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

Neymar could become a top 10 all time goalscorer with the NT in 2013~2014 already... And he still has at least 10 years with the Seleção... Not bad for the "overrated Robinho 2.0" don't you think? ;)

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ta certo que o Felipão te fez render na Seleção?

Neymar has been involved in 13 goals in 12 games for Brazil in 2013 - 7 goals and 6 assists averaging MORE THAN 1 goal/assist per game.

25. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That is impressive, though nothing less than what can be expected from an attacker who is supposed to have a strong claim at being somewhere in the top 3-5 attackers in the world. Gotta just keep that level of performance up consistently. But anyway very good from a dude whose Brazil performances weren't seen as THAT hot not too many weeks ago. Great Confed Cup from him obv. :cool: