Next USMNT Coach?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by worldfootballgenius, Feb 4, 2018.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Martino would take the US job. At least not now. Maybe in the 2026 cycle.

2. asroma1982

asroma1982 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    AS Roma
    no foreigner is taking usa job after klinsman fiasco of he doesn't understand americans mentality ,he doesn't go out t win and other cliches only way foreigner takes usa job is if he gets payed fortune

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Osorio would take the job in a heartbeat. A foreigner like him would take the job.

jjmack repped this.
  4. Cynical US fan

United States
    Mar 30, 2017
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd expect he'd fancy himself France's next coach, but Deschamps is unlikely to screw up vs Australia, Denmark and Peru in the 1st round. No mention in several articles about him suggesting he'd consider the USMNT.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There could be more pressure in France but that is what I was thinking could be an option too.

6. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What American mentality?

7. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2018-4-23_16-35-46.jpeg

8. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not the worst option but usmnt can (and should) do better.

imo, he made some bone-headed blunders in the CCL final series....the coach of Chivas badly outcoached him...would like him more than vanney.

9. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarachan keeps telling us that "Interim" does not apply to ol' Dave. Nope, he's The Man...
    So perhaps USSF has named their guy..... and are just finding that soccer equivalent of "friday evening dump" in order to let the rubes know that it's a bright new day in Chicago House.

juveeer repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada

I don't know why they're taking so long. Everybody knows it's going to be Vermes.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    They are waiting until after the World Cup which makes me think Osorio is their top priority.

12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Is this a confirmed list or just a Twitter fart?

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I trust Rob Stone.
    I don't think he would give us fake news.

14. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    who would be better? try and be realistic

people have to understand every coach has a flaw. I mean picking out a match and saying you don't want him because he was outcoached in a single match is setting the bar pretty high. The truth is that it would disqualify everyone.

15. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t really want any of those guys

juveeer, Master O and KicksNgiggles repped this.
  16. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    who do you want? you want dave interim to become dave fulltime? or maybe bruce arena 3?

17. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want an established American who has won championships and has proven the ability to coach young players in tense pressure-filled situations. I want a coach who has shown that he can get his players to play a beautiful brand of soccer, as well as the ugly, “don’t take shit from anybody” type of bully soccer that you have to play to win CONCACAF games.

In short, I want a fairytale that doesn’t exist.

18. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want an argentinian coach or a european coach who is actually good at tactics and picking players....and i could care less about how well he plays politics or cheerleads in the media or how good a player he once was...basically the anti-JK while still having the good things that JK had i.e. being from a real soccer country/deep understanding of the game.

19. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    that is my point, that person doesn't exist so who do you want that may actually get.

20. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    but playing to the media/fan base is part of the job and it always will be.

politics is also a huge part of the job

and just remember when it comes to 'picking players' they'll have to pick americans. I assume that we are still searching the country for 'americans' hoping anyone willing to say they are will play for us but outside that what you see is what they will pick from.

21. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tbh, I don’t really care as long as the new guy commits to playing a young squad that can be around for a while and doesn’t hesitate to keep introducing deserving kids to the senior team. And stop holding onto players long after they’ve turned into ghosts

22. Cynical US fan

United States
    Mar 30, 2017
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rob Stone doesn't have the respect that most international soccer commentators have. So, he listed some past US players as the best candidates for USMNT coach who are no better than Sarachan. Osorio and Tata are the only exceptions.
    Osorio at least coached Mexico's national team, but after losing to Chile big-time, he returned to coaching in MLS. Now, would he leave MLS to coach the US? Yes,
    probably, but not until the season's over. Sarachan will no doubt be coaching the fall friendlies. Tata Martino coached Paraguay and Argentina with some relative success. He is the superior candidate. Again, he will not be available until winter.
    If all the other foreign coaches are out of the running, then Tata is the man.

23. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your opinion
    your opinion
    there's hundreds of players to pick from...picking the right ones is a HUGE part of the job.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Wut?

25. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04