News from Brasil Dec 2011

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When they announced Ronaldo I was already disgusted by the whole thing. He's obviously someone who can't be trusted with anything. A man who did what he did when he returned to Brasil. Threw a major bola nas costas of his so called team of heart (flamengo) and showed he was nothing but a man without honor and a mercenario. Than to top it all of he leaves his pregnant woman at home and go have sex with travecos? I would let a guy let this work as a doorman in my building. Only in Brasil, Only in Brasil.

Andre Sanchez???

Don't even get me started on that cara de areia mijada sob.

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :confused:
    Also, I was skeptical of Dunga at first. But many convincing victories over Argentina and other major Nt's. Copa America, Confederations Cup titles and a desire to make the team play for the camisa really made me a believer. Mano in other hand? Jee, this guy biggest game was libertadores finals where Boca destroyed gremio 5x0 and he chocked completely. Mano is a bad joke on all of us.

3. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm for either one of them, Scolari would certainly make a competitive team. He's the man for the job. Muricy could make something really good as well, but he would need this time that we are wasting with Mano. The whole not playing qualifiers and playing crappy teams instead. At this point I'm going ahead and saying that for the first time since 1990 I'm going to watch a wc with no hope to see a cup lifted whatsoever. If anything I'm betting against Brasil (should mano remain as coach and that crook Sanchez there overseeing a coach who will dance to his tune and make him and his agent friends rich).

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Cerveja Antárctica Original é nota dez meu.

Vou torcer pelos times brasileiros. E por mais que eu deteste o Corinthians prefiro que um time brasileiro se dê bem e não times gringos. Por enquanto parece que o Santos e o Vasco são os times brasileiros mais fortes... se o seu time engrenar, olha lá.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Que isso ... torco pra qualquer time menos o Corinthians. O Corinthians nunca deve ganhar uma Libertadores. Torco pra time Argentino antes que o Corinthians...

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eu prefiro um time Argentino ganhando do que o CUrintians.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8X9-aQbVBI"]Redublagem - Corinthians Campeão da Libertadores - Todo mundo odeia o Chris - YouTube[/ame]

O Inter tem que acertar detalhes, mas os 4 da frente com Dagoberto, Damiao, D'alessandro e Oscar a hora que engrenar vai ser brabo de parar. Temos problemas na zaga. O meio campo com Guinazu e Tinga (ou Bollati) eh bom. O Inter pode competir esse ano.

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Falou tudo, Curintians nao merece nada. Vou torcer pro Vasco, mesmo os chatos do Flamengo e Santos. Mas CUrintia? Eu quero ver eles chorando isso sim.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiS96203cKE"]Todas as eliminações do Corinthians na Libertadores (Toliminados 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    E vou te contar, o Colorado eliminou o CUrintians da libertadores mas as eliminacoes que eles sofreram pro Palmeiras e pro River foram as mais lindas!! eu ri demais!!

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :confused:???

Dunga's start is what really made me dissatisfied with his work. That and the fact that his team didn't play the style of football we are accustomed of seeing from the Seleção. Drawing Bolivia em pleno Maracanã is what really did it for me. The funny thing is that from that point on, the team started getting good wins as you mentioned. I still wasn't happy with the style of play or some of his call-ups, but the results on the field kept me quiet and I was proud of what we were accomplishing.

Mano, on the other hand, has been shameful. There really hasn't been a game in which I could say that's a Seleção I'm proud of. Beating a USA team who had an uncertain future -- coaches, new players, etc -- isn't enough to say Mano is doing a good job. Where are the promising results? Even a stretch of good play? At least I can see Dunga brought me good moments such as beating Argentina in Rosário and Uruguay in Montevideo.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not sold on Vasco. Don't get me wrong, they had a great year and they probably deserved the title, but I still am not buying them. They were playing off pure emotion from what happened to Ricardo Gomes. They don't have anyone up front that can score goals. Alecsandro? Eder Luis? They may also lose players like Romulo and Bernardo who were important in their campaign.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mermao,

Dunga beating Argentina in Rosario was great. But Dunga also owned them 3x0 Copa America finals with Love scoring goals, 3x0 at Wembley as well with an awesome Kaka goal. That destruction of Uruguay in their home was historic. The team coming back from 2x0 and winning the Confederations Cup. I'm telling you, that team had garra pra caralho. I understand that the WC was a problem, but to fire him to now get mano and start from a complete zero it sucks. We were better off with Dunga over this horrible mano.

12. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    More about Dec events.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MELzSbr57Ps"]Respeito.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

13. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didnt really like the style Dunga played, I like the Joga Bonito style with all the tricks, skills and dribbling just like the 98, 02 and 06 Brazil team with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.
    Finally Neymar came along and made the game exciting again, and Mano Menezes seems to be playing the good style again while Dunga played more of a defensive style which I didnt like.

Are their any Brazilian coaches that are better than Mano Menezes and should be the Brazil coach?
    How is Scolari, Zico, Muricy Ramalho and Vanderlei Luxemburgo? are they better than Mano Menezes?

Mano Menezes
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3841...ows-to-build-strong-brazil-side-for-world-cup

14. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude, I don't mean to be a d7ck. I know that sometimes I may come off as one. But Luxemburgo? Are you serious? That guy was one of the worst coachs last year, he nearly sunk Flamengo. And when he had a chance at the NT, it was a huge joke. Almost as bad as Mano. How do you expect to get real news from Brasil from a site called "goal.com". Get the local news like everyone else. A lot of people (that know the game) are sick of Mano. He's shielded by Globo, something Dunga wasn't. You see the after match interviews (after the ones open for the press) and Mano and other NT players only have 2 mics in front of them, globo and sportv. His exclusive interviews for Fantastico, Jornal Nacional and Globo.com grant him a shield and nobody gets on his case. If anything they go all like "mano needs time, the team is starting bla bla bla". How long has it been already? Dunga had won the Copa America, beat Argentina convincingly 3 times, qualified us in first (3 rounds ahead) and people still talked a ton of crap about him. That's why Dunga was about to kick Escobar's ass in some press conference (that Globo wanted to be exclusive) but Dunga said, the selecao is for the Brasilian people. This ain't CUrintians or Flamengo. I will talk when Record, SBT, etc all the networks and radios are here. Also, you liked 2006? Dude, you can't be serious. That year was a total joke, samba all the way from before, a fat Ronaldo and no seriousness. That was a WC to forget. Don't even mention the 98 one. Ronaldo passing out and we getting destroyed by the French. That also was a WC to forget. The only good thing that happened that year was Brasil X Holland (but would have been better to lose to the dutch honorably and spare ourselves the same we endure because of that bastard Ronaldo).

15. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You obviously know alot more than me because you live in Brazil, and I live in Australia so its hard to find soccer news here espically about Brazil.

Do you think Mano Menezes should stay Brazil coach for 2014 World Cup? if Brazil lose 2013 Confederation Cup then will Mano be sacked?
    are there any other really good brazil coaches?

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    CG - Daniel is (I believe) a 15 or 16 year old who does not speak Portuguese and is not able read Portuguese. He is learning about Brazilian football. Lighten up.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano shouldn't be the coach today, forget about staying till 2014. The fact of the matter is that the job was offered to Scolari who declined, than was offered to Muricy (who also declined), so CBF run out of options and chose him because they knew he's a newcomer (he never won anything internationally) and his biggest accomplishments were taking 2nd league teams back to first league (gremio and CUrintians). When he played a big cup (libertadores 07) he was completely destroyed taking like 5 goals in a two match final. Mano is a joke of a coach, has absolutely no International experience as a coach (or player, where I think Dunga had no experience as coach, his international experience as player made up the lack of the first because he knew what it was to play big nt's) Mano got handled by Argentina, totally and completely dominated by Germany. Mano should be sacked now, but he'll be the coach in London (won't win) than Globo will shield him and say he needs time. When he loses the Confederations cup at home the people will ask for his head. They will finally sack him and bring someone to be the Sasa Mutema and with a year left, no qualifiers to play and the joke of Qatar and London matches selenike takes just to get paid. Won't have time to prepare a decent team. So I'm telling you, I've said before, I will say it again. BRASIL WON'T WIN 2014. First time since 1990 that I'm convinced we are going into a wc without a decent shot at the cup. Save your money, buy a tv and watch Germany win this in Brasilian soil.

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    So honestly, now that Mano took over the Olympic squad duties, who here is hoping he crashes out big time? And will that be enough for him to get shit-canned?

19. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I knew he had to be very young. Whom in their right state of min would speak for Luxemburgo as a coach unless they were in a coma when he was the NT coach back in the day. He was one of the worst ever, with the likes of Lazaroni and Mano Menezes. I will take it easy on the kid, but only because you asked me. hehe

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't wait for Brasil to get some African team playing some really butchers 2 or 3 times the size of our kids, getting completely destroyed and handled. Mano won't be sacked anyways. CBF lies, their entire speech is pure BS. They said they wanna bring up a new young team. So Mano shouldn't be the coach. They should let Ney Franco take the team to London, as he knows the young kids as nobody else does, and should Ney Franco take the gold, get this young team and take to the WC with Ney Franco as coach. Not this bad joke on us that CBF (Andre Sanchez) use to have those mediocre CUrintians players to get called up just so they can sell them to save crappy east european side.

21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Daniel: First of all, we really do appreciate all of your input, your support, and especially your love for our futebol Brasileiro, especially being so far down under.
    As to Mano, I think that 2012 will be a decisive year. I will be surprised if Mano will stay on as coach should we have a poor showing at the Olympics. As to a substitute coach, I am all for Muricy or Felipao, in that order. Although, Barca's hammering of Santos did not help Muricy's case much. Remember, we will most likely be facing Spain in 2014 along the way to the final, and Muricy was completely outclasses/destroyed by Barca.

22. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Ah, this is where we disagree again! I think Luxemburgo has unfinished business with Brazil and I would like to see him back in charge one day.

Does anyone agree with me that the Olympics are a distraction? It is an obsession. I am struggling to think why I took the trouble of going to Miami in 1996 to see us play! I almost detest football in the Olympics now.

I agree that we won;t win in 2014 but can deal with Germany winning it - not Argentina or Uruguay please!

Good man......just lighten up a little - we do not want to put Daniel off coming here!

23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luxe actually did a very good job with my querido Mengao this past year. We were at the very top through the entire first half of the Brasileirao and finished with a spot in the Libertadores. I know that Luxe did not do well with the Selecao but that was light years away. I still consider Luxe to be a strategic genius and a highly successful coach.

As to the Olympics, yes it is an obsession. It is the only FIFA international tournament that Brasil has not won. I don’t think it is a distraction because it is a highly competitive tournament, and with the non participation of the Eliminatorias, we need strong competition, even with an Olympic team. Mano should be the coach for the Olympics because from there the National Team is built around.

Please don't say we will not win in 2014. It depresses me. I think many people on here are either born pessimists, or are preparing themselves psychologically in case one of the worse disasters in Brasilian history occurs, not winning the Copa Do Mundo. WE WILL WIN THE COPA DO MUNDO. We have the best players in the world. We have the best Futebol in the world. We have a depthness reaching beyond any country in the world. Futebol is in our blood, in our soul. And everybody is forgetting one thing - WE ARE PLAYING AT HOME. Just that alone counts for 80 out of 100 percent. We can put on a high school team and still do well because WE ARE PLAYING AT HOME. We will have 200 Million Brasileiros torcendo. The players, any player the coach chooses, will step up to a level they have never experienced in their lives. Let us be a little positive here people.

And Daniel, again we really do appreciate the intellectual debates that you stir up on these boards. In 2014 you will be what 18? Old enough for you to talk your parents into paying your way to the 2014 Copa Do Mundo. An experience that you will take to your heart until the last day of your life.

24. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bro, I hate the olympics (football of course). I do enjoy the games but I think it's a total waste of time and resources to try to get a medal there playing football. I think it's a lot better when we see "real athletes competing, over this overpaid superstars that barely care for representing the NT. I think Germany will take 2014. After the Eurocup it should be obvious to everyone else. They don't have stars that shine alone like Neymar's and etc. But their team together is a lot more team than about 90% of the teams out there.

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Are serious bro? One more round of playing and you guys would have been out of Libertadores. Luxemburgo went from a team that was competing for the title to almost Sulamericana. I think he went 9 or 10 without winning or something like that. I guess that all things considered (flamengo's politics, not paying players etc) he did okay.

He's too much of a carioca to maintain the level of seriousness and dedication needed for such a strong accomplishment.

So what are we doing at the moment playing Congo? Just wasting time I guess.

Dude, I'm not being a pessimist at all. In 1993, after that amazing game against Uruguay where Romario played like a God and scored such an amazing goals. With Bebeto playing superbly. Dunga on top of his stuff (after the 90 fiasco). Taffarel in the goal etc. I had all reasons to believe we would win 94. I guess what I'm trying to say is one most have a moment where you really believe that the team has what it take to get things done. This team is so far away from providing that level of confidence. Scale 1 to 10 I'm a 2 about Brasil winning 2014. All seriousness. Did you see us playing Germany? 30% ball possesion bro! 30%, it's like Flamengo playing Ibis. We don't have a team. When are people going to wake up and see that?

Bro seriously, we heard all of that before. 2006, defending Champions, jogo bonito. Best player in the world of that current season, other 2 best players in other seasons. jogo bonito this and jogo bonito that. People were betting blindly in Brasil winning in Germany. It was nothing but a huge pagode and ps2 playing party with people caring about nothing but their nike contracts. The lack of blood and soul was obvious then and the only guy to recover that was Dunga. Anything can be said about him. But he recover that in the NT. Mano doesn't have that strong side to ignite that on the players.

Bro, it will a chokefest of such gigantic proportion people will cry more than when Getulio Vargas died.