[News] Checketts to ask MLS to review postgame celebration (AP)

Discussion in 'Yahoo: MLS' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 3, 2006.

1. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Real Salt Lake owner Dave Checketts plans to ask Major League Soccer to review the Colorado Galaxy's celebration after a 1-0 victory that prompted Checketts to argue face-to-face with Colorado captain Pablo Mastroeni. Checketts and Mastroeni were in a heated exchange on the field Saturday night when former Salt Lake player Clint Mathis stepped between the two and other Colorado players led...

Link To Original Article

2. RSL Loyalist

RSL Loyalist New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Are any of you Colorado Rapids fans appalled at the antics of your team in Salt Lake City on Saturday night (Sept 2)? It was pure embarrassment and a slap in the face of everything that MLS nad RSL is trying to build. I want to hear a public apology and to have the team come back to SLC to perform some public service to rebuild what they tore down. It would go a long way if the fans of the Rapids insisted on the same from their team. It would be foolish for us as fans of soccer to allow this behavior to go unchecked.

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Who cares. Good for the Rapids, who actually have something to be proud of for once.

4. SideNetting

SideNetting New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Wheaton, IL
    From what I saw on the MLS tv feed (via the Rapids), Pablo looked like an overgrown idiot. He generally looked like the out-of-control player we all have witnessed at times on the USMNT stage. After the game, he was full or rage and anger. It was not a pretty sight. He was stuffing his shirt in his pants and it didn't seem like he just needed a place to put it. Granted, he was pumped up after a big game but he truly looked like an amateur who was just granted a leave of absence from the local jail. It was that bad.