News about Will John and Lee Nguyen from RandersFC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by randersfan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. wooredbullNY

wooredbullNY New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    NYC
    randersfan,

it looks like lee scored a goal today in the danish cup. he seems to be playing well in reserves/cup, do you think that he will start from now on, he is clearly good enough to take his place back..

your website doesnt work anymore, we would like more updates!!

2. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes he scored again today against Blokhus, and he got playing time in last weeks game against FCM. Looks like he was used as left midfield in the last 15 minuts of the game today. And did pretty good. His chances are a bit better for first team right now, because one of the new ones on midfield is out of the games for a month.He also score offen on second team games lately. My website is under bigger update and also multilanguage hopefully.

3. wooredbullNY

wooredbullNY New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    NYC
    it looks like lee is getting back into the team...he played a lot of the second half this weekend. how did he play? did he look dangerous at all? any highlights on the web?

4. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Well he did a few good things in a bad bad match seen from randersside. U can check here http://tv2sport.dk/node/18814
    for highlights. Dont know if u can spot lee in the match.

5. wooredbullNY

wooredbullNY New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    NYC
    randersfan, my danish needs a little work--but, it seems like lee scored another goal today...he seems to be in good form, is randers FC trying to showcase him to sell him or is he actually going to be a part of the first 11 like he should be? he is clearly one of the best offensive players on the team

6. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    He is a really bad buy for Randers. He scores a bit on secondteam matches and cup football. But as i see him he lacks power to drible around danish defenders in first team ball. He is easy to push away from the ball, and i dont think i ever seen him cheat a defender at first team ball. He is far from playing first team ball here. He can be sub and get a bit of playing time, but thats really just until Beckman is back after injury. Maybe he isnt used right, and Colin Todd isnt very popular with fans for the last mistakes in games. I belive Colin Todd will be away during the winterbreak and then maybe a new coach will get better use of Lee. Im pretty sure if Lee didnt have so much defensive duties he will be better. And scoring goals is always good. Maybe they should try him in front someday.He plays sometime attacker on second team, today the goal was a pass from winger Tiago. Check this link for the goal in the cup. amateurrecording though. http://ekstrabladet.tv/sport/article1062631.ece

7. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at Indiana University, Nguyen was used as a striker.... mainly he would receive the ball, put on a few moves and break some ankles and have a quality chance of a goal or an assist.... led the Big Ten in goals and assists as a freshman on a top flight team.... then went to PSV, where they played him out left....

the guy can play out left, but he's quality up top... what he lacks is physical being.... he's a tiny little guy, but he's got the moves to take on defenders....

8. wooredbullNY

wooredbullNY New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    NYC
    a lot of this seems like poor coaching. if he put lee in a position where he could freely play he would score more goals and so would randers fc. at psv he played in a 4-3-3 as a left sided attacker and did very well in the reserves and when he played with the first team he did well. if he was given the freedom and less defensive responsility, i agree-he would do much better.

9. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't recall Lee playing all that much for PSV's first team. Wikipedia (take it for what it's worth) lists him with one league appearance. Did Nguyen feature much during cup matches for PSV?

10. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    In Randers he is mainly used as right midfielder. During the game sunday he was used as second attacker but didnt get much impact on the game, except a good cross from right side, but it went too far to the attacker in the middel.

11. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Thanks for the 1st hand information.

12. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, i dont ever recall seeing this kid play a right mid..... this seems to be a Beasley type issue.... a left mid/forward type player getting played on the right... while Bease did fine with the rangers at right mid, he's stronger out left or up top.... same goes for Nguyen... i agree with the above, it just seems he's being played out of position...

13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

I think a player like Lee Nguyen is more well suited to play in a 4-3-3... Defensively he is not good enough at Superliga level and physically he is rather easy to push away... Then add that Colin Todd is an English manager and they like their players to be physical strong, so this just doesnt leave much room for a player like Lee Nguyen.

14. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Well it was Colin Todd who wanted both Lee and Will John.

15. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will John playing in the Serbian League now for Čukarički?

16. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, and Lee Nguyen was out in last games with injury for Randers

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like he moved in early August some time (Message on Čukarički's website from 8/13 welcomes the new signings). And it looks like he's appeared in one of Čukarički's 8 games so far as a sub.

18. wooredbullNY

wooredbullNY New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    NYC
    i see lee played about 40 minutes today...how did he play? any highlights?

19. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a few interesting points in what seemed to start out as mostly fluff.

Comments from manager Colin Todd:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/column...ansabroad&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1&cc=5901

Sounds as if Lee doesn't have a bright future in Europe without some serious improvement.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Todd does point out Lee's deficiencies but at the same time he says overall Lee is fine. So I really don't know what to make of his comments. Sounds more motivational than anything. Lee has kind of hit a stumbling block. If he can leap over the hurdle then he will flourish. Hiddink picked him and his track record with talent speaks for itself. So there's talent there. It just needs a system or another coach that will expose that talent Lee has. He's still young and growing. If it's at Randers or MLS so be it. He just needs to play and show signs of consistency.

21. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nguyen did manage to score again in last night's Danish Cup match against AC Horsens - his third of the competition - to tie the score at 1-1. But he got subbed out at some point in the 2nd half and Horsens ended up getting a winning goal in the last minutes to win 3-2.

edit: oops...just saw that it was already mentioned in the soccernet article posted above after I bothered to read the thing.

22. Pagefan

Pagefan Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "'Going back to America to play [in MLS] would probably be different and might even suit him better,' he said. 'If it didn't happen here, and he got fixed up in America it wouldn't be a down slope, I don't think. I wouldn't be frightened to recommend him.'''

Not the most ringing endorsement. But he did score again in the Cup yesterday, it says, so maybe he's about to make his move.

23. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    He ain't going to improve his crossing in MLS.

Off tonight's play-off game - putrid.

24. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Then again the Revs do feature the world's worst crosser of the ball in Nyassi. He makes Frankie Hejduk look like David Beckham.

25. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Is at all possible that Lee isn't a winger? I mean, in the few times that I've seen him (while not really being impressed by him), he seems more comfortable in the center of the park.