News about Will John and Lee Nguyen from RandersFC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by randersfan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Lee Nguyen scored again today. Mid second half result 3-0 to Randersfc.
    Read more here

2. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I think you are getting a very motivated Lee. getting out of PSV and trying to get a look for the U23, Lee is at a major crossroad in his professional career.

3. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    It's pretty clear Lee has excellent skill form the bit I saw and what locals say.

He had a bit of bad luck. Form a coach that fostered youth, to a coach that limited it. Then a loan that was blocked because of thin striking options, and an injury that hurt another.

I am pretty confident that Lee will impress in Denmark, as he would have in mid to lower Holland if given the chance.

I think Benny F is at a major crossroad in his career, I think Lee's is gonna just begin.

4. kkmmtt

kkmmtt Member

Jun 2, 2005
    3 goals in the first 3 games?
    not a bad start !

5. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    3 goals in 4 games, but not bad. Full playtime except 20 minuts in the last game. 3 more preseasongames before start of season march 9 with cupgame quarterfinal game. We all look forward to see Lee Nguyen in action. All games have been played away. First game at home is march 3.

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't be happier for Lee. His time at PSV was a rollercoaster. He seems to be adapting well at Randers and I can only hope his form this preseason continues when the season resumes. Lee has a unique game and I would love to see him be a big success for Randers. Hopefully that success will fuel success on the national team as well. I will have an eye on Randers with John and Nguyen this Spring.

7. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where they are at in the table but it would be awesome if they could play Euro soccer next year.

8. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland

It's great to see Lee fitting in so well with his new club, hopefully this form will continue into Danish SL play. He's in a great position to prove himself, for his Euro aspirations and for U23s.

I really hope Benny is paying attention, it's time to humble yourself and make a move that's best for your long-term career. I don't care of it's MLS, Scandanavia or a low-table 2nd tier league, playing is the most important objective at this point, and Denmark provides a good atmosphere for attacking players.

9. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Great. So you admit you were originally just talking outta yer ass...

10. soccertom

soccertom New Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Well said. I'm in complete agreement with you.

11. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Right now they are placed 6, and is quarterfinal of the cup. And in run for Fairplay seat for uefa. So 3 obtions so far. Check leaguetable here.

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed.

Convey may not have a place on this team if Lee Nguyen improves himself the rest of this season by doing well for Randers and then moves on down the road.

13. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    how'bout a summary by you randers? 1 post had some comments about Lee another accessed him as invisible

14. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    read my post here on http://yanksdk.thebluegajols.com/?p=66
    He didnt do much inpact on the game, but again rain, cold and last trainingmatch- Colin Todd wasnt pleased either. but i think he will start anyway since we are short of right midfielders. Will John comment on his missed header direct to me. " i allready forgot about it." Sunday is the day for first real match.

15. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Will John and Lee Nguyen is included in the 16 men squad meeting brondby in cup sunday. Since Fredgaard isnt in the team, Im pretty sure at least one of the yanks start- Read more here http://yanksdk.thebluegajols.com

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Good chance for our yanks to impress against Brondby. I was surprised to see in the league table that Brondby is in 9th, behind 3 clubs with Americans:

1st: AaB (Danny Califf)
    6th: Randers (John, Lee)
    8th: Esbjerg (Tally Hall).

Two other clubs with Americans are hanging in there, and probably 1 of them will be relegated:

10: AGF (Jeremiah White)
    11: Viborg (Robbie Russell)

Of course this is a cup match so the league positions between Randers and Brondby don't really mean anything.

For me the best American soccer player in history played for Brondby, which a lot of people forget. After his work permit was turned down by Newcastle in 1994, Brad Friedel was loaned to Brondby. He played in 10 matches before his loan ended.

17. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Imagine how bad Brondby would suck if they had hired Bruce Arena.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I know you're not a Bruce fan, but I'm surprised he hasn't been hired somewhere. The guy did win 2 MLS Cups (and went to a 3rd final), a US Open Cup, a CONCACAF Champions Cup, an Inter-American Cup, two Gold Cups, and led the US to two World Cups. And of course he led the US to the quarterfinals at one of those Cups which I consider an astonishing accomplishment with the actual talent we had on the field. There are a LOT, A LOT of crappier coaches than Arena out there with jobs. You know what I'm saying. Arsene Wenger he's not (as we all know) but he must have been doing something right.

Brondby's current coach, Tom Køhlert, hasn't achieved anything close to that in his managerial career.

Sorry to take this thread away from the topic at hand.

19. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    An off-topic warning -

Arena has to go to a place like Honduras, Costa Rica and Jamaica (low-tier CONCACAF team) or to become an assistant coach somewhere in Europe first.

20. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Tom Køhlert may not be so well known abroad because he mainly has been Brøndby Youth Academy and 2nd team coach in the past, but Brøndby have Tom Køhlert to thank for the fact that they have signed and/or developed so many great young talents in the past, like Peter Schmeichel, both Laudrup brothers, Ebbe Sand, the Euro-92 Champions Lars Olsen, Kent Nielsen, Kim Vilfort and John "Faxe" Jensen (who btw now is assistent coach at Spainsh Getafe)... and of more lately also Thomas Kahlenberg (Auxerre) and Daniel Agger (Liverpool)..

Køhlert has also come to the rescue as head coach at Brøndby in the past. He replaced [Ebbe Skovdahl as a short-term solution in 1999 and then replaced the Norwegian Åge Hareide in 2002. Køhlert was also the man in charge when Brøndby won their very first Danish Championship in 1985.

21. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what are you trying to say? To suggest this guy might be a better fit than Il Bruce is preposterous.;)

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I know your only joking, but I really have no opinion about the quality of Bruce Arena in a European context, because he has never coached in Europe, and I guess this was also his problem when he applied for the job as Brøndby Manager during the WC-06 finals, when Michael Laudrup had left Brøndby and they were looking for his replacement.

I guess the Brøndby management did just not know what to think of Bruce Arena. Instead they chose to sign the Dutchman René Meulensteen who then showed to be quite disastrous the only 6 month he was head coach, not really having a clue about the level of play in the Superliga and signing several 3rd rate foreign players who did not at all have the quality to play for a team like Brøndby... He did bring one excellent young talented player with him from Manchester United, Mark Howard, who was selected a 'player of the year' in Brøndby last year. but otherwise Meulensteen was a total disaster. I doubt if Bruce Arena could have done worse..

23. kkmmtt

kkmmtt Member

Jun 2, 2005
    The Brondby and Rander match will be on TVU today.

24. randersfan

randersfan New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Lee Nguyen start against brondby, will john is on the bench.

25. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this game over, what channel is it on?