New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Yeah, they run the 40% off sale right after I order during the 20%sale....go figure...:mad::mad:

2. CPT_Hoolie

CPT_Hoolie Member

May 2, 2013
    Florida (South)
    I just got two of the Krown jerseys...and noticed that the velcro disc is about 1/8" larger in diameter than my funky new 2018 badge. I had to trim the excess with scissors.

Did the badge size change with the new logo? (Haven't dug out my old ones yet)

3. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    I don't think so. More likely that Krown got a good buy on some slightly larger sticky discs.

4. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I wore one of my LS jerseys for the first time this weekend. Has anyone noticed a different fit with the LS than the SS?

5. wguynes

wguynes Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Altoona, IA
    Uhhh. yeah. With my long arm length I sent them back. Any tournament that feels it's a problem will have to get over non matching sleeve lengths with me. Hoping someone will speak up in here whenever Official Sports addresses the issue.

6. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm average height but I have a small torso. So the fit is all off on my chest, stomach, and back/shoulders. I'm considering some tailoring to fit my shoulders and chest right.

7. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016

I had the same problem with them...see my previous posts. And no, the badges (at least USSF) haven't changed in at least the last 10 years and I am sure that folks on here will pipe up and have them from further back.

I agree with Bubba. It think that they just got some disks of the wrong size and decided to use them.

CPT_Hoolie repped this.
  8. CPT_Hoolie

CPT_Hoolie Member

May 2, 2013
    Florida (South)
    Thanks, I missed the previous post (late return to the forums).

My concern was more with dead grass or other debris sticking to the exposed adhesive around the outside of the badge.

Schlager repped this.
  9. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Color the grass with a Sharpie? ;)

10. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I chunked that disk and used another sticky one of the right size on my badge.

11. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just cut it, it doesn't have to match the badge size as long as it is smaller no sticky will show and it will hold the badge on with no issues.

cinepro and Spencedawgmillionaire repped this.
  12. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. jayhonk

jayhonk Member+

Oct 9, 2007
    Has anybody purchased non-OSI LS jerseys in colors other than Yellow?
    I bought a Score LS Yellow and it was exactly the same width as the OSI (economy) and it was a bit shorter! I am looking for fuller fit to get the cold weather layers underneath (The ProTime recommended earlier in thread only comes in Yellow, presently.)

With the X-mas sale discount and my willingness to buy OSI economy, I think I will probably just end up buying from OSI.
    _______

Side note. I am trying to decide if LS Black is actually a smarter choice than SS Black. Con: Black SS with black thermal under is kind of no big deal. Pro: No one in KC is going to wear a SS Black with temperature above 75F. Too hot--might as well own LS.

Shoot.
    I have only worn black about 4 times in 12 years, I seem to be overthinking this..

14. ptref

ptref Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Aug 5, 2015
    Bowling Green, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With this new material, it doesn't make a difference what color you wear when it comes to being hot. If it's hot, it's hot. Wearing the black jersey will not make you hotter.

MNpenguin and fairplayforlife repped this.
  15. ArgylleRef

ArgylleRef Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Lansing, KS
    You haven't worked with Riley? He always wants to wear black in the summer!

16. jayhonk

jayhonk Member+

Oct 9, 2007
    LOL
    I've worked with Riley.
    Wants to, and gets the ARs to agree are two different things.
    Its frickin' Kansas.
    Missouri is hot, too.

Actually, I thought the previous Black design was the best looking of the bunch. Not sure I've seen the new Black in action.
    FWIW, I've decided on the short sleeve, just in case someone does talk me into it when the temp is above 77° F.

ArgylleRef repped this.
  17. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    #1167 threeputzzz, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    I can't overstate how much nicer the material of the new style is compared to the wide stripes, especially for bigger guys that overheat easily. That said, black is still black and will be hotter when you are in the sun. I used my black one quite a bit this fall when solo on high school matches, it became my first choice when the weather is cooler primarily because it's the least see-through when soaked.

voiceoflg repped this.
  18. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I will say, when it comes to black, that I more frequently find it too cold for black. Once all those black and navy coats come out on the sidelines (60-65 around here), I find it impossible to find AR2. Additionally, I measure my need for sun protection with how the long sleeve feels in the weather. My father-in-law taught band/marching band on the Texas/Mexico boarder for 8 years and he's had several skin pollups removed so my household is paranoid about sun damage. That is a long way of saying, I wear long sleeves much more than most people and encourage everyone else to do the same.

tomek75 repped this.
  19. tomek75

tomek75 Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ever since the new jerseys came out, I have worn LS exclusively. In the old style shirts, I wore them most of the time except for those days where it was just simply unbearable just being outside (ie 90+deg F on Turf).

Dayton Ref repped this.
  20. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    A miracle occurred at our HS recert yesterday -- we're approved to wear the new OSI (and Score) jerseys! (yellow only)

21. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    One word: "Sunscreen" (with thanks/apologies to "The Graduate.")

PH

22. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Two more: "Heliocare" (with thanks to my dermatologist) and "hat" (with thanks to OSI for making a very comfortable and lightweight vented one that works very well)

voiceoflg and IASocFan repped this.
  23. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    I looked Heliocare up. Sounds like expensive snake oil to me. No proper research trials under controlled conditions. Just personal anecdotes "it worked for me, " "it didn't work for me" etc. No real actual chemical composition and active ingredients listed. Most work done by a paid consultant! Probably can get similar effects from antioxidant vitamins for less $$$. It seems just like Prevagen and Enzyte (remember Smilin' Bob?:D).

BTW, How do you keep the hat from falling off your arms?:D

PH

Dayton Ref repped this.
  24. chwmy

chwmy Member+

Feb 27, 2010
    I’m not conversant with the science but at least there is some biologic plausibility. The NIH has a section that looks at herbal remedies. (https://nccih.nih.gov/)

I found this on their website discussing an active ingredient of Heliocare (Ferulic acid).
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2127228/. It’s a reprint from another journal, but it does describe 1: oral bioavailability, 2: tissue persistence and 3: free radical scavenging.

For whatever reason, dermatologists will tell you to use it whether they are selling it or not.

25. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm not sure if it is getting older... or if it is the new area I am in. But I find the long sleeves with a dry-fit style shirt not sufficient enough to keep me warm. I find myself getting too cold. Granted most of my games have started around 55 degrees and ending around 40 degrees.

tomek75 repped this.