New USSF Logo, New Ref Jerseys?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Dayton Ref, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mathguy ref

mathguy ref Member+

Nov 15, 2016
    TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had the three was shirt combo yesterday. U15B. I'm CR in a long sleeve new, AR1 is a young lady wearing her dads hand me down old short sleeve pin stripe v neck and AR2 is in a wide stripe v neck.

2. voiceoflg

voiceoflg Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    I wish I had gotten a picture. I was AR1, teams were red and yellowish green. It was early March. I had on a few layers, including a long sleeve black UA coldgear. I only have the new long sleeve jersey in yellow and green but I have all five in short sleeve. The center was perturbed that I didn't have anything else in LS. He decided we would wear black as my Under Armor would at least look like an extension of the jersey. When I pulled out my new style, he rolled his eyes as he only had the old style LS in black.

Then AR2 showed up. He said "We're wearing black? The CR said with a tone "Yes, preferably long sleeves." AR2 said "No problem" and pulled out the LS black jersey...in old, old pinstripes. I thought the CR's vein was going to pop out of his forehead.

3. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this guy noticed that the crew in MLS games wear long and short sleeves together all the time?

4. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    That must be why the apocalypse approaches! (I still have others tell met hat mixed sleeve length looks "unprofessional" despite what the actual professionals do.)

MassachusettsRef, voiceoflg and billf repped this.
  5. mathguy ref

mathguy ref Member+

Nov 15, 2016
    TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shirts of different length made by different companies with different logos? Check.

Pants versus shorts? Check.

Different socks? You’re fired!;)

MetroFever, Law5 and billf repped this.
  6. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another arrives to serve as the 4th Official. He says, "We are wearing black? Cool!" Then takes his really old solid black with white collar and cuffs out of his bag.

IASocFan, voiceoflg and Doug the Ref repped this.
  7. Pittsburgh Ref

Pittsburgh Ref Member+

Oct 7, 2014
    da 'Burgh
    Yahtzee!

8. cinepro

cinepro Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It has the same side mesh as the OSI.

9. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Speaking of pink, our AYSO region just shelled out for a bunch of pink jerseys from Score in the new style for us refs, along with the new Score Play On Pro two-stripe socks. Here's the pink jersey by itself and with an OSI for comparison (both allegedly adult medium). The Score jersey definitely has a non-athletic cut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And looking at my yellow jersey (which I pulled out of the dirty laundry) more closely I realize I need to deal with some "ring around the collar" issues, most likely from sunscreen. :oops:

Also, anyone succeeded in getting get ball-point pen ink stains out yet? I tried Shout and it didn't do diddly poo.

10. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Cool, I just couldn't see it in the pic you posted.

11. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Interesting, the sizing chart for score uniforms on Score vs Pro Referees is different. Pro Referees sizing chart reflects the physical difference in the actual size so I wear a small in Score, but a medium in OSI

12. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a pen leak in the pocket of my yellow. I wasn't very successful. I brought it to the dry cleaners and they got most of it out. At least it's not very noticeable unless you look closely.

13. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Authentic Soccer has a 20% off sale right now on everything, and they carry the official OSI jerseys....add them to your cart to see the discount. They only have short sleve and limited sizes, but I took the opportunity to finally finish out my collection.

http://www.authenticsoccer.com/Soccer-Gear-for-Referees.aspx

cinepro repped this.
  14. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard OSI will be coming out with a 'tall' version of the long sleeve jerseys where they will come out with longer sleeves. Any truth to that?

15. Marcussg11

Marcussg11 New Member

Arsenal
    Portugal
    Oct 15, 2017
    Do you have a old style medium jersey to compare it to?

16. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    OSI old? No. Score old (open neck)? Yes. Pretty much the same width:

[​IMG]

17. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Obviously I love these new jerseys, but after a full year of wearing them, is it safe to say that they get dirtier WAY too easily?

I can't get through a game without black marks anywhere on it. The material is an ideal dust and dirt collector.

Most of the run of the mill club refs don't regularly watch on TV and wouldn't know. Many others simply follow what the "old school" assignors tell them about matching and don't use common sense.

cinepro repped this.
  18. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Belleville, ILLLLLLLLINOIZE
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Ok, so, I used my economy jersey for roughly 80 matches here in So. IL, through loads of nasty, hot, humid, sweaty weather. I also sweat like an animal and use lots of spray-on sunscreen (the cheapo target stuff).

I've got a really glorious museum of stains on my shirt, mostly what I'd call a "Filth Scarf" instead of "ring around the collar." I've been wanting to get the stains out, but waited until I got my pro style shirt, just in case I mess it up.

I've used hot water, long soaks, lots of detergent, vinegar, everything available and nothing really did much but lighten a shade or two.

Until I found LA Totally Awesome Carpet and Rug cleaner. A friend suggested it for my car, it's $1 at Dollar Tree for a bottle. My carpets are stain free, like, really nasty stuff, too, aged to a fine horridness.

I tried a spot test on the bottom of the jersey and washed it with no ill-effect.

SO, I spot-tested on the inside of the collar and attached is the result. I used stain stuff for laundry on the other side of the black stripe and it did nothing. The carpet cleaner got it out. Washed, no ill-effect.

So I sprayed down the whole collar and other stains about the shirt and scrubbed with a dish brush and it's like a brand-new shirt.

Maybe someone has a better fix, but I couldn't be happier with the result. I'm A CANARY AGAIN!!!!!! (This image makes it still look dingy, but I assure you, it's perfecto, I'll add another of the finished result later.)
    IMG_20171015_112659.jpg

code1390, Father Ted, cinepro and 2 others repped this.
  19. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They are running a 40% off sale this weekend (discount code 102017).

20. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
  21. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yep, I got two jerseys from them earlier this year. They aren't stocking all sizes though.

22. Spencedawgmillionaire

Mar 2, 2017
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    I saw that, the ONE freaking shirt I need for HS and they don't have my size, also want those shorts, but not my size, only longer inseam, I need to show off my gams, the one last pretty thing on me!

23. Soccer Dad & Ref

Oct 19, 2017
    San Diego
    Really hoping they are, was able to find the black and the blue new jersey in my size. Great deal. Added the new Barcelona jersey for fun...

24. jdmahoney

jdmahoney Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Plymouth, MN
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just ordered the blue from them, didn't have black in my size though... hope they're legit because I saved ~$20 vs ordering from OSI.

25. Schlager

Schlager Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Yes, they are legit. They have the official OSI jerseys....but their size selection isn't great, they only have short sleeve, and they can be slow to ship.

But, if they have your size and you don't need it quick, you can snag a deal.

Spencedawgmillionaire repped this.