NEW USMNT KITS & CREST

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Lucho305, Feb 6, 2016.

1. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that what was a rumor is now presented by Footy Headlines as a definite. The earlier article said "It is likely that Nike will not release a traditional replica version of the new USA Gold Cup shirt", while this latest article says "Nike will not release a 'Stadium' (Replica) version of the new USA 2017 Gold Cup jersey."

There's more to the fit difference than just going a size bigger than normal. The match shirts fit really fight especially around the midsection. If a guy has a beer belly or extra weight around the waist it's a bad look as every bulge is revealed.

I've been following posts and comments from all over and it seems that this latest jersey is way more popular than anything Nike has put out in recent memory (I know not everyone likes it but there will never be one everybody likes). So it's even more surprising to me that Nike has made this decision. There's going to be a lot of supporters who will have to settle for the t-shirt just to fit into it. Probably going to be a fair share of returns too as guys think 'maybe I can fit into it' and then when they get it, they find it's too tight.

Anyway...I can't wait to both get one myself and to see the whole kit on the players on the pitch. This one has the potential to be my favorite ever, even passing my current favorite The Waldo. Ordering it will be the first thing I do when I wake up on July 1!

schlomo repped this.
  2. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being dri-fit, that shirt is practically the same thing as a replica jersey anyway.

WrmBrnr and Burr repped this.
  3. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in that sense I'm all in favor of cheaper replicas.

4. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    I think this kit will be a classic.

There are all the elements that people will like, and if the US wins the gold cup, it will be the jersey du jour at bars for the world cup. Instant classic.

5. SlyEli

SlyEli Member

United States
    Jun 25, 2017
    Might be a longshot, but does anyone have a spare Waldo jersey they'd be willing to sell? Ebay prices are high and sellers are sketchy.

6. tippco333

tippco333 Member

AC Perugia
    United States
    Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind if there were a cheaper alternative to getting the authentics over on the usual sites. :thumbsup:

7. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be saving my money on all USSF merchandise again.

8. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Not sure I am sold on them as a jersey, but as a supporters shirt, this shirt brings the 'America-F#ck Yeah!" attitude, so, I'm in.

9. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I'm 100% on board with these. They're not a permanent look, but I like that they actually look American. A novel idea from Nike.

10. DisgustinJustin

Sep 26, 2013
    New USMNT kit has dropped - exclusively at Marshalls

IMG_7375.JPG

11. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swung by my local soccer shop at lunch today to check on the new Gold Cup kit and the kid working there said they've had them "in the warehouse" for a few days now, but they're waiting for the go-ahead from Nike before they bring them out and start selling them. So I guess that's July 1.

They did have several of the new items on sale though. The red t-shirts with the stars looked better in real life than online to me, but they're pretty loud. They're made of cotton, not Dri-Fit (or maybe it was a cotton blend, I didn't look closely). They also had the new jersey type t-shirt with the blue and red stripes (not the blue one with stars). It's Dri-Fit and looks pretty close to a real jersey. It was $40 full retail, so I used my 10% shop discount and bought the one and only Large they had in stock. With the rumors of limited distribution, I didn't want to regret not getting one.

I still plan on buying the real "Match" jersey when it comes out, but I really love this design so I won't mind having both. I actually have it on now as I'm posting this. The Dri-Fit material feels a bit thinner than my other Dri-Fit shirts. It has 14 stripes (7 each blue and red) with 9 white stars on each sleeve. The USA badge on the front is the rubberized type path, not embroidered. Same for the Nike swoosh on the left breast and the stars.

12. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #737 PabloSanDiego, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    I just looked and there's a few inaccuracies with the Footy Headlines "leaked" version of the "45 USD TEE"

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/...release-no-replica-usa-2017-gold-cup-kit.html

The leaked version shows 5 larger stars per sleeve, the actual one has 9 smaller ones that run all the way to the collar, as the blue sleeves run right up the collar (not sure how to describe that). One thing that has been mentioned is the blue sleeve color is slightly different than the blue stripe color, but it's because the material actually seems a bit different. I think the sleeves are a bit thicker maybe? Also, as I mentioned the leaked version shows 12 stripes and the real one has 14, but that may depend on size. I didn't count them on the Small. Lastly, it's $40.00, not $45.

I can't find a picture of this new blue/red striped jersey t-shirt yet online anywhere, including the official US Soccer Store or the official Nike web site.

13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    excuse the picture quality and especially the "model", but here's a pic of the new "t-shirt".

[​IMG]

WrmBrnr, gunnerfan7 and schlomo repped this.
  14. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    That looks awesome. Definitely getting one.

15. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These drifit shirts are sweet! Thanks for sharing a pic PabloSanDiego. Definitely want to get one as well. You would have thought that ussoccerstore or Nike would have released these prior to this weekend because this would be a great shirt to have for 4th of July but that has been discussed.

*On another note those that have the Red USA Pre-match II jersey. (I cannot seem to upload a photo - operator error) It's the ones the USMNT wears during warmups with small horizontal blue lines not the solid red with blue on the sleeves like in Training.
    Does it run true to size or should I order up if it's a more athletic fit. Im 6'1" 195

16. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Try Soccer777?

17. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stars look better than I thought they would. I'm not a fan of jerseys with a lot going on but I might get this one. Still think the sleeves should have been red.

18. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Will this kit popular?a little crazy for my taste

19. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Do we know when these are being released officially yet?

20. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They're available at ussoccer.com for $155.

Hard pass on that price.

Dough Boy repped this.
  21. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing is that the ones they are selling for $155 are not the same ones that the players are wearing today vs Ghana. The ones they're selling still have 9 stars like the drifit tshirt not 5 stars like the players have.

22. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm assuming a few stars got dropped on the sleeves of the player jersey because of the need to put the Gold Cup patches on the sleeves once the tournament starts.

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  23. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sold my spare on eBay. Started auction for 15 bucks think that since I've worn it, start low. Final bid 76 bucks.

You missed the listing but dont want one that bad if you aren't paying for it.

24. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thumbs up. dont LOVE it, but its our colors. good to see navy again. the stars on the sleeves could go.

Lucho305 repped this.
  25. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    That looked epic tonight on the pitch. Get rid of the stars (because stars have a certain connotation in football and that is # of World Cups) and I think we have our jersey for 2018 hopefully.

[​IMG]

Capt.Tsubasa and tippco333 repped this.