New to Polish football

Discussion in 'Poland' started by PolishCrew, Jan 8, 2009.

1. PolishCrew

PolishCrew New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What can you guys tell me about Poland's national team, and Polish soccer in general? I'm kind of new to soccer, and will support Poland when they qualify for the Euro (support USA in the World Cup.) What players do I want to keep an eye on? What players do I not want anywhere near the ball? What Polish players should I keep an eye on that play in other leagues? How good is the Ekstraklasa? I realize there seem to be a lot of Wisla Krakow fans here, but what does the table look like and how has Legia Warsaw looked so far? Who are the players to watch for the team? I know it sounds odd to be a supporter without really knowing the team, but it is hard to find information and really know way to watch matches. Made the choice pretty much reviewing the team's history and stories.

2. Chosen Lord

Chosen Lord New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    NYC, Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hi and welcome here. It's good to see another Ekstraklasa fan around. I'm just a bit older than you in this forum since I joined in December. So far the season is going good for Lech Poznan and the two (Legia, Polonia) Warszawa teams. Wisla is hanging in there at 4th place but things can change for them in the second half. I know Brozek is a good player for Wisla. Other teams have expressed some interest in him, but I don't remember which ones. To be honest, I can't really watch Ekstraklasa matches from here in America so I try to get some live webstream on internet, but the times are always an issue for me.

I personally like Wisla Krakow. I love the city of Krakow the most of the Polish cities because I found them to be the nicest people in the country and also called it "the jewel of Poland". I went to Legia stadium to check out souvenirs and the grounds itself and I found the whole crew and people who worked there to be very nasty and rude. For no reason either. We were there during working hours and pretty quiet. We weren't trying to cause any problems but they just had a shitty attitude the whole time we were there and our friend who is from a nearby area called Wilanow said that they're always like that in there. Maybe you have a different experience. I'm not ripping your team, just sharing my experiences. When my wife and I went to Wisla stadium we were treated very well and the people even spoke English and very fluently. They seemed pleased to have us there and visitors in general. But I always felt that in Krakow. I think it has to do with the city itself. What do you think? BTW, welcome once again. I also like Lyon and Real Madrid.

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Don't follow Polish footy but I love Krakow too, its the only Polish city I've ever been and everyone there was ace!:)

4. Chosen Lord

Chosen Lord New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    NYC, Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :D
    I totally agree. I've been to other parts of Poland and while they're beautiful...Krakow was the best place. As a city and the most of all the people. My wife and I plan to live there when we're retired. In 30 something years! Lol!