New technical director: Matthias Sammer

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dead Fingers, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,399846,00.html

That's commentary from the Spiegel about the topic here. I did a translation with google so don't blame me for faults etc.

@footyfan

you are absolutely right, but I guess you know that already :cool:

2. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

Except for the Traiteroso Part , he should burn in hell for what he did to BVB afterward, I am with Keith on that, Sammer is a <censored> joke. only thing with talents he can do is ruin them. Gambino, Odonkor, Brzenska only got a chance with him cause he had to, not he wanted to. HE was the one who brought traiteroso to us, he only wanted "gestandene Spieler" , giving him the overview over talents is the beginning of the end of the DFB. I hope Theo Zwanziger is happy when he (Sammer) destroyed the DFB from within .... as he almost destroyed the BVB and as he almost destroyed stuttgart

3. Jaison

Jaison New Member

May 6, 2005
    Tristan da Cunha
    Thanks for the article and translation Duncan Idaho.

It's pretty scary that now, with a large number of talented youngsters coming up the ranks in the next few years, this clown will be in charge of their development for the NT (from what I understand).

This is the coolest German -> English translation of a name I've seen yet!:cool:

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey Natrium! The words above are from a young man I've had more than my share of Sammer arguments with in the past.

He's seen the truth. So have most BVB fans.

So continue your weak ass arguments. I'll sit here and laugh my ass off as everyone sees how much you don't know........

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, you've got BVB fans, Schalke fans and Bayern fans all against you on this topic. When have you ever seen BVB fans, Schalke fans and Bayern fans agree on anything? That should tell you something!

If the Stuttgart fans chime in, you'll really begin to look that that "M" word I called Sammer.

If I were you, I'd give it up man. The FACTS are against you.

I know the truth and the truth is far from any of the drivel you are spewing........

Matthias Sammer remains a hero in the hearts of all true BVB fans. But it's for not a damned thing he did from the trainer's bench. After his Stuttgart debacle and the fans seeing Bert van Marwijk actually improving BVB's young players and beginning to do more with less, it's so painfully obvious that Sammer was a crap trainer, they've had to admit the truth to themselves. Hell, Sammer admitted to the world that he has to do more work to become a good trainer! But I guess you still refuse to believe the truth.

Tell us, do you still believe in Santa too? :rolleyes:

6. Natrium

Natrium New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Schland
    Good for you, you're easy to entertain. Your postings on the other hand are just tiring.
    How about you actually try to read my postings next time? Would be nice. I deliberatly pointed out that those are no arguments, this is my pov.
    You don't need to tell me that yours differs. Since you and your "friends" are that much biased in this case you are in no position to judge. Like I said from the very beginning(and I was right), there is no point in argueing with you. And that's not because you're right, it's because you would never accept anything other than your opinion. btw Just because a position is a majority position doesn't mean it is automatically true. But I don't need to tell you that, right? It's not like you would care, rght? "I should give up?" WTF are you talking about? I should give up my opinion, because _you_ don't like it? Now that's funny.

7. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Natrium: Wenn man keine Ahnung hat , einfach mal die Klappe halten :)

8. Natrium

Natrium New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Schland
    Sehr gut, Einsicht ist der erste Schritt zur Besserung, hätte ich hier gar nicht mehr erwartet.

9. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    Wenn du Sammer so magst .. warum richtest du keinen Schrein für ihn ein ...
    Dann kannste ihn anbeten und jene die unter seiner Blödheit als Trainer gelitten haben in Ruhe lassen :)

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good point. I'll take that into account next time.

However, in this case what Sammer did and said himself speaks volumes.

You are right though. You are entitled to your opinion and I did overstep my boundaries. For that, you have my sincerest apologies.

Many times I've had to agree to disagree. However, I don't think I've ever disagreed with anyone more when it comes to Matthias Sammer.

Ever. And that's saying something.

You are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to think you're dead wrong as you are me.

No problem dude. I actually hope Sammer gets back into coaching. That is, once he's gone back to the drawing board. He said he was going to do that and I guess the position he's in now is a good place for him to learn from his mistakes.