New Sacramento Stadium Site

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Aug 3, 2013.

1. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    QuietType and mangerson repped this.
  2. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hadn't seen the elevations, materials and sections illustrations before. So psyched!

3. fortunesfool223

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Dec 26, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree with you that Council wants this project..... almost as bad as they want to be re-elected, haha.

Council will try to ameliorate neighborhood concerns in order to get it built, but once the concerts start, neighbors will apply pressure to modify the special-use permit. I've seen this before in Sac (Cal Expo ampitheatre, Discovery Park concerts, etc.).

SRFC stadium will fare better than those two venues, but be prepared that there will be some "noise" about modifying the special-use permit. Not being "Debbie-downer" here, just saying that as fans, we need to be vigilant, supportive, and vocal of the benefits of this team/organization.

4. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me the folks in Rancho Cordova who bought houses next to Mather Field and then complained of noise from well established flight patterns.

5. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, look at the Parking maps. That looks WAY different than the Railyards land use plan, there are tons of open surface parking lots, including all around the stadium. Some have only one entrance/exit, what a cluster&@$- that is going to be. Either they really down scaled the Railyards plan or these are all intended to be temporary (I hope the later)

Also, check out the noise study:
    http://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...-3/MLS-Noise-Technical-Memo-7-15-16.pdf?la=en

There are maps showing noise levels around the stadium for games and for music, you can see just how far away you'd be able to hear noise

Also also, the stadium location in those engineering drawings looks like the original, not moved 40 feet north. Should have updated drawings up there soon, hopefully the city puts them up now that it's "news."

6. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The parking lots are temporary. As the Railyards develops out, a series of parking garages will be built. I have a feeling this will be a retroactive city contribution; City builds parking garages, but the Republic collects game day parking fees.

QuietType repped this.
  7. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The more I thought about it, I think they are just re-adjusting the stadium on the existing site. It would be too much of an investment to re-locate roads, even a couple of feet. The West side (of 7th St) utility infrastructure is already in place, lined up to be contiguous with the east side.

We'll probably lose a bit of space in the Supporter Plaza on the North side as they shift the stadium 40ft north. It'll likely create a deeper space on the south side of the stadium where the loading docks are (and one source of the neighborhood concern)

8. joelrip

joelrip Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone else think the "General Concourse Area" in the elevation looks bizarrely narrow?

9. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's how I know this "connected" "gentleman" was just feeding you his own random bullsh*t speculation and has no actual knowledge of what the league's plans are:

I can guarantee you two things:

- This next wave of expansion will not be one of the last in MLS. The league will stop expanding once it runs out of large markets it would like to be in, and potential ownership groups willing to pay hundreds of millions to join. Until then they will keep saying that "the end of expansion is near", to artificially restrict supply. Let's say they add 8 more teams to get up to 28, do you really think if some billionaire wanted to pay them $300 million to put a team in some large market like Phoenix or Tampa, they would pass it up?

- There will never ever ever ever be promotion / relegation between MLS and lower leagues. That makes zero sense for the league to even just "discuss" given that MLS is a single-entity league, and given that teams are currently paying nine figure expansion fees to join.

If the latter comes to pass, feel free to dig this comment up and throw it back in my face, and I promise to permanently delete my account out of shame and never post on this site again.

bobby_guzman repped this.
  10. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was correct. Didn't lose much in the Supporter Plaza, though. They just shallowed out the berm, and the loading dock on the south is bigger, and more obscured from the road.

11. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a good map of this?

12. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Its on the City website in the EIR doc. They just updated the site maps. I happen to look at the maps right before they changed em. No link to old maps.

13. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the agenda for tonight's city council meeting...

Public Hearings
    Public hearings may be reordered by the Mayor at the discretion of the legislative bodies.

15. Sacramento Railyards Mixed Use Project Including a Major Medical Center and Professional Soccer Stadium (P15-040) [Noticed 10/31/2016; Passed for Publication 11/01/2016; Published 11/04/2016] File ID: 2016-01213

Recommendation: Pass
    a) a Resolution certifying the Subsequent Environmental Impact Report and adopting the Mitigation Monitoring Program, Findings of Fact, and a Statement of Overriding Considerations;
    b) an Ordinance approving the amended and restated development agreement between the City of Sacramento and Downtown Railyard Venture, LLC;
    m) a Resolution approving a Conditional Use Permit for a sports complex, a Site Plan and Design Review for a sports complex, a variance to allow an extension to the hours of construction established by the City of Sacramento noise ordinance, and a variance to allow noise from the operation of the sports complex and surrounding plaza to exceed levels allowed by the City of Sacramento noise ordinance;
    n) a Resolution approving Conditional Use Permits and Site Plan and Design Review for stand-alone parking lots;
    and other items regarding the project.