New Politics Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Falc, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rosay and Falc repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Has her outfit been paid by campaign funds?

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In order to save money, they used one of Hillary Clinton's tailor-made-pant-suits......

[​IMG]

phat repped this.
  4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Additional hearings...this is going to get even uglier.

At the moment, i don't think Kavanaugh is getting confirmed. How can he?? Just switch the nominee and choose a different person.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He will be confirmed. The story is total bullshit. She is a Democrat activist professor. Her brother worked for a law firm that dealt with Fusion GPS, the authors of the fake dossier. The Republicans are appeasing to the Democrats but it will be nothing but another bad show.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope she isn't a history professor because she can't even remember the date or the year. How can you not remember the year?

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Democrats have no dirt on Kavanaugh. The private investigators have found nothing and if there was any truth to this bullshit story, how come others who would have been in that circle during those have not come out? I grew up in that era and in that area. I went to an all boys Catholic high school. We hung out with girls from the all girls schools as well as the public schools. We partied with kids from rival schools as there was always someone who went to grade school with someone at another school. When I dated my high school sweetheart, her friends hung around with my friends. Her friends dated my friends. We went to dances, proms and formals together. So if this shit actually happened, someone would have known.

phat repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #13583 falvo, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  9. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Biden called Trump voters the “Drek of society”

Sounds like a fascist to me!

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dumb comment

11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Pietro Calcio and falvo repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Beach week in Ocean City was a lot of debauchery by both guys & gals. I did not attend after graduating from high school but there were girls that acted like sluts. We use to go to OC during college days and people would hook up at bars and stuff. Many parties, especially when dealing with under age were shut down by the police. This Swetnick story is likely bullshit.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah and if it’s as graphic if she is saying it is, why come out with it now? Also , we always hear from these women but no one knows what really happened or if it ever did. Why are there never any witnesses to these cases?

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I read the statement. It was a declaration, not an affidavit as the news media are claiming. It was not witnessed, not notarized and does not quote any particular US Code. It has all of the appearance of a legal document but is not. Might as well have been written on a napkin.

It is vague. Little details. I do not even think she wrote it. She graduated a year before me, was born in 1962. She hung out with HS kids while in college? She claims that she attended 10 parties with Kavanaugh and his buddy in the Washington DC area. No one from the Washington DC area would state it that way. She would have been more specific, like Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Montgomery County, NW DC. She attended Gaithersburg HS, which is far out in the suburbs. In those days, really far out as there was not the development we see now. So if she attended among this circle of high school kids, it was because she knew someone in that circle. She has not named anyone.

We drank in HS. It was legal at age 18. The new law making the legal age 21 went into place when I was in college and I was grandfathered in since I had already turned 18. It did not stop anyone from getting fake ID's. If there was an older person at such a party, it was the purchaser of the beer.

Is it possible that a group of guys took turn on a gal? Sure. But that would have happened at a more private setting, not at a big party. I do not recall ever hearing any such story. We did stuff but that was in private, usually in the car. The first time I went all the way with my HS sweetheart was when her mom went to bowling. She bowled every Monday night. I even recall seeing her drive by me in her VW van as I was heading to her house (she bowled near where I lived). My girlfriend had her bedroom in the attic. As soon as we finished the act, her mom yelled that she was home early. My heart was already beating fast. It started racing. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Got dressed, snucked out the kitchen door and went to the car, which was parked at the other block that night. I called her later and found out her mom had a headache, so she came home early. Oh the shit we did when we were young.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Falc

You are an attorney aren't you?

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep. Why you ask?

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh ok. Just curious if you think any of this crap holds water and what will happen with these accusations and people making them especially if they are proven false?

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was a prosecutor in the Army. We had a train case. Young female soldier would get sexual when drunk. Damn CID reported to the CINC in Seoul (4-star, Commander in Charge of 8th Army) that there was a gang rape. Nothing close.

She was a medic in an engineer battalion. Her supervisor, a sergeant, noticed that she was having difficulty moving around. She was sore she stated. He also heard that she slept with a number of guys in the unit, which explained the soreness. She got drunk, screwed with a guy. When he was done, another did the trick. I do not recall how many were involved but it was numerous. She admitted it was consensual, that she let loose when drunk. The battalion commander, Lieutenant Colonel, and I went through the investigation. He was Italian and liked me as his JAG. We determined that this was similar to a drunk girl at a frat party. No court-martial but we did use non-judicial punishment, administrative action of all involved. The female soldier went to alcohol awareness.

So back to your question, no, it does not hold water as flimsy as it has been presented.

19. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Just when you thought the Democrats couldn't go any lower...

If the GOP caves to this shit, then they'll never win another election.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It all sounds so unreal. How can none of this come out in a Catholic school and it comes out now after over 30 years? Trump is right that its a disgraceful con game. If its all made up, I can't believe the Dems are this desperate. I’m surprised they are getting away with this.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's get something clear, kids in Catholic schools were no different than kids in public or any other school. Late teens are horny as they can be during that age group and those who attended all girl schools were no exception. I remember my girlfriend telling me how her classmates would talk about sperm, down to how many calories a teaspoon contained and that it could cure strep throat. It did not make them all sluts but the curiosity of sex was there and it happened.

Georgetown Prep was one of the more expensive schools in the area, still is. There were students who lived there but it was also plenty of local kids who lived at home. It is a Jesuit institution and originally part of Georgetown University. The boys who attended there were usually from well off families. My school was under the Christian Brothers and a little more affordable. We had our share of well off family members and some of my classmates went to grade school with guys who attended Georgetown Prep or Gonzaga (another expensive Jesuit school blocks away from the US Capitol).

During that period, there were a lot of all boys and all girls schools. Many of those schools (mostly the girls schools) closed down years after I graduated as I was at the tail end of the baby boom. My school went co-ed in '91 as did other all boys school.

We were not innocent kids during those days and that was the case in general among high school kids. My sister, 8 years younger than me, went to public high school after Catholic grade school. They had parties. She got a fake ID by using the birth certificate of my other sister, 6 years older. It was a state issued non-driver's license. And by that time, the drinking age was 21, unlike 18 in my days.

So while these accusations are wild, it was high school. It is as if the slightest mistakes made during that age can not be accepted. It is all bullshit.

ArtemioD and falvo repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sad that if these allegations have no truth to them that they will all get away with this. Losers!

FBI investigating what? A supposed crime that may or may not have taken place over 35 years ago? Incredible!

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #13600 falvo, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Interestingly, I may not remember what I ate last night but I do in fact remember almost everything I did 37 years ago today. It all had to do with soccer. It came back to me when I saw facebook yesterday about how Soccer Bowl 81 was played on September 26th, 2018.

Soccer Bowl '81 - Wikipedia

Soccer Bowl '81 was the championship final of the 1981 NASL season, between the Chicago Sting and the New York Cosmos. The match was played on Saturday and I recall I was upset that the game was not shown live on TV until the next day , in a tape delayed broadcast, Sunday September 27th, 1981 on ABC. I remember my parents invited my grandmother and her friend, another elderly lady over for Sunday dinner. I was in high school and even recall walking to my school to pick up a book in my locker. Then I came home to watch the game on TV.

The Chicago Sting ended up beating the New York Cosmos 1-0 in a shootout. If you won a in the tie breaker , unlike pk’s , the shootout goals were not counted but the whole win counted as 1 goal. The game was played at Exhibition Stadium, in Toronto, Ontario. The Sting won and were crowned the 1981 NASL champions. This was Chicago's first NASL title.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste isn’t it?