New Podcast from ussoccer 6/6/05 Donovan, Gooch, BA & Reyna

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by NBlue, Jun 6, 2006.

1. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.ussoccer.com/sights/index.jsp

Not really too much meat -- the interview with BA is edited very tightly and I think they cut out the really good parts. Very tight lipped on everything.

Donovan was asked to give the names of a few of his compatriots that the reporter's (english) audience should look out for and he mentioned McBride, Damarcus, Convey, Reyna, & Dempsey.

Then at the end he is asked specifially about EJ -- he notes that Johnson is the best combination of size and speed in the attack. He noted that he and Wolff were quick and Ching and McBride could certainly hold the ball but no one had the unique combination of EJ "if we can get him on the field."

Donovan was finally asked where he would be starting and he confirmed everyone's suspicion that he will, in fact, be starting at right back against the Czechs (his words, not mine).

Meanwhile, is it just me of does the second woman interviewing Donovan sound crazy-hot. maybe just me.

2. talker

talker Member

Jan 20, 2006
    And there's some nice stuff in the USSoccer "blog:"

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280957.html

# An estimated crowd of about 1,000 showed up to cheer on the team at Edmund Plambeck Stadium in Norderstedt, about one mile away from the HSV training ground.
    # Clint Dempsey absolutely killed it today with a pair of back to back finishes during drill time. His first shot was a low rocket that Kasey Keller didn't even waste his time diving for, and on his subsequent chance he turned and finished far post with another low lazer.
    # The goalkeepers were the stars of the finishing drill with fans cheering saves as well as goals, especially with Keller as one of the best-know players.

Or maybe at least enough to keep the BigSoccer sharks from eating alive anyone who suggests we start a 3-5-2 with Cherundolo and Lewis in the back...

3. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also liked this pic from practice earlier today . . .

[​IMG]

4. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the links. On the thread title, were you superstitious? We can't have any bad luck omens for our boys. ;)

5. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    it's not just you.

any woman who sounds at least half-way intelligent when discussing the game is immediately crazy-hot in the mind of every bs poster.