Alert: New Mod For Arg. forum

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by devilman, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok so i've been on here for about 4 years now and since then there has only been just 1 mod for our forum , recently 2 now . What i want to propose to everyone here is that we need to replace efenandez9 . efernandez9 has no clear moderator skill for this forum. Evident by his lack of respect for Argentina.. He trash talks about Argentina, Boca, Maradona and even Uruguay. He is not a Mod he is a "cyber-thug"...

I don't care for his status as a mod , but I nor should we need to tolerate him as mod here in the (ARG) forum any longer.... What we need is a new mod and i don't mind it being a someone like a Riverplatense .. , but we need a new mod to replace this cancer efernandez9 quickly...... and send him to Mod the Colombia forum or whatever just not here anymore .....

I will make a list of people that i don't mind stepping up as new replacements;

1. RacingGirl
    2. Andres_
    3. El Mono Mario
    4. elciclon
    5. Dr. Know

P.s. i'm not including any declared boca fans just because it would make it unfair to have 2 boca mods...

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Andres would be good since he's neutral.

But since there's already a fan Boca as a mod it would be fair for a River fan to also be a mod.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    right , i just put people who i feel would be good at being a mod . El Mono Mario is river and not as hardcore as loxoriver in my opinion making him better suited . but anyway let the Mod Coup begin and he can take bigsoccerbot w/him and we can all say good riddance ........

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Devilman, I am trying to reply to the PM you sent me, but it says your inbox is full. Delete some messages and you'll receive my response. ;)

5. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ditto for me.

6. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok done ,

BTW Our forum has increased in size drastically since i've been here with much more traffic .. A lot of you i've spoke to have mentioned that you'd like to see a change and hopefully we can make it happen soon .

I'm not sure how this process is supposed to work , but I imagine we can elect from our own here democratically instead of having one chosen for us via Super mod.. Hopefully after the dust is settled we can have a new mod or maybe 2 since this board has grown so much.. Either way PM me w/ some feedback or ideas or whatever so we can get this thing started....

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey Diablo. I wasn't sure if I should reply in here. As a fellow Boca fan I always enjoy your posts and contributions to our forum, so I'm not just out to be critical. But, as you are asking for input, I hope you don't mind my voicing my disagreement with some aspects of your post, as I mentioned to you in my PM.

I think there are two points that you are bringing up, and they should both be considered separate from each other.

1) As far as your comments about efernandez, my opinion is that he's been a poster in South America and a Mod for quite a while, and to be very honest, I am not aware of any problems as you suggest. If I thought for a minute that efernandez was being unfairly disrespectful to Argentina, or to Boca or to Maradona, I would have done something about it a long time ago.

But frankly, I don't see it. I don't think he's been unfair. I think our boards have been moderated fairly. With the exceptions of a few trolls here and there, (like Paul for example) there haven't been any problems.

2) Having said that, I think that you do bring a very valid point, and I've heard other posters here say this before, that we could certainly use another Argentine mod in here.

As a Boca fan, I have no problems with Vipnerd, and I think he's doing an outstanding job. In fact, I recommended him when I was asked to mod, and I declined at the time.

But of course, he's not above posting anti-River stuff (and I would definitely think less of him as a Boca fan if he didn't post anti-river stuff), so I can understand the gayina fans and other clubs fans wanting to add another Argentine mod who's not a bostero.

Also, the list of posters that you provided as potential mods is cool with me. If RacingGirl is willing to do it, I would be all for that. She may have called herself 'anti-social' at one time, but I think everybody around here likes her.

So, to summarize, I'm all for us trying to explain to the people higher up at Bigsoccer the realities of Argentine rivalries, and to make a case for why we ought to have a non-Boca mod to balance with a Boca fan like Vipnerd. And, I'm also all in favor of being part of a petition to add RacingGirl, or Andres, or even a River fan, like Mono Mario, as a new mod.

I just don't agree about the part of making it into an anti-efernandez cruzade. As I told you, I personally see no reason for it, and I wouldn't want to be a part of that. I just don't see a fair reason why we cannot request to add another mod, without also requesting to get rid of him.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed with pretty much this whole post. Good stuff ASF.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    what I do not get is the agenda of devilman........,via PM?
    why so secret about it?
    and he speaks of a democratic act?

via PM.....come forward and debate your ideas on the open.
    I try to stay on the sideline when it comes to moderate here, is the best way to stay impartial on a place where half is red and the rest is gold/blue, BTW the famous troll mentioned above, paul_Nl was red carded.

You are free of that pain.

last time we played the argentine liga fantasy futbol, the same subject came up and some of your candidates, declined the offer for lack of time
    Time is very important, and that surprised me the most as I hardly see posts from devilman. Not to confuse him 'el viejo Man'

a personal vendetta? sure it is, we have our differences in a smack thread about futbol uruguayo, and sound to me that he did not took this well, he even ventured into the Colombian forum and talk some trash about el tino asprilla.....and guess what? the troll effort had no beef!!! no one responded, as he insulted someone that he feels is an idol.....I am beyond that stuff.....

10. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    argentine soccer fan or even Moishex (the second one is spelt wrong but you know who I mean)

I will be honest, I dont know you but to me it should be about the blue an white first while Boca and River takes a back seat
    Maybe that is me

EDIT
    I know argentine soccer fan is a mod for Politics but here is where he belongs

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    you are more than right....good comment
    but, it works that way most of the times

argsocFan....loves were he is and is welcome here if he wants too!

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pfft, whatever i'm not even Uruguayo so no harm done there.. , despite your trolling , and smack talk.. Then you try and play mr. nice mod ?? What ?? Yep and continue to try and bait me by calling me out in another thread i had no part of , neg repping and yellow carding it's funny actually ... You can neg repp me as much as you want

Colombia thread? never go there have no interest in Colombia , till one of your Paisa's called out Boca and Maradona .
    Tino Assprilla who??? I said ; "wow todo un idolo Colombiano.......mira nomas....." .. trolling? Your beyond that stuff?? whatever , your an ignorant fool , if anything . Your a troll and hide behind your mod status like a cheap dirty cop. Even your own Colombian buddies have problems w/ you!!! haha

Get it straight dude you are a bi-polar imbecile that know's too little about Argentine futbol to be an effective mod here. All you know is garbage news on your fellow muerto paisa's like Freddy Tonto Grisales, Fabian Vargas Jairo Castillo etc. etc. and you hardly contribute anything else. figures....

13. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wow so I guess its club over country, considering all the top players play in Italy, Spain and England.
    I'd pick Arg over club but hey what do I know, I aint even a real Arg/plastic gaucho .

I could understand if this was England i.e picking between Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool or even Juventus, Inter or A.C or Real Madrid or Barcelona.

MAYBE we need a mod who just think Country over club, I know there are peeps like me who must think Arg over Boca/River.

If you think like that, then you have my vote for what it counts, HELL Leon12 is like that and he has seen Arg play all over the world and he is a fellow Indian like me.
    So I think that might be a long term solution is to find a mod like that unless efernandez9 is like that

14. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am pretty busy so I'll try to go straight to the point.

First, I am probably not the right person to give an opinion on this since I do not regularly post or even read all the Argentine forums, subforums and threads. Having said that, I don't think I have ever felt that efernandez was being disrespectful. As for his moderator skills, the best I can say is that I have hardly seen the Argentine boards go out of line. Although I think in-depth knowledge of Argentine football may count as a plus, I don't see it being as sine-qua-non condition for being a mod.

Sure, we tend to pollute some threads and often like the occasional banter but I think we know the limits most of the time. In fact, and I am not trying to belittle the work of the mods here, I have never felt that a moderator was needed here. Then again, you do need them when there are the Paul_NL's and the likes around.

So, while I honestly don't see any reason why efernandez should be ousted, I do appreciate the fact that having another moderator may be a change in the right direction. After all, there are more people coming and writing in these boards -although that trend may get suddently reversed if Basile keeps screwing up. But if you ask me, I wouldn't really make a big issue out of it or even start arguing who has the right skills to be a mod in these boards. We don't want to turn this into a Darwinian survival of the fittest thingy, do we?

15. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Well I am not like that and prefer Boca over Argentina for sure, but i see where you are coming from, and it's even a stronger case for RacingGirl then no? since she the only team she might like more than Argentina not only isn't Boca/River, but they also wear albiceleste colors :p

And, pretty much agreed with everything ASF wrote

16. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    If RacingGirl get's picked this forum will also have the cutest mod in all of Bigsoccer :p.

17. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pirata , Hey thanks i appreciate your point of view and for sharing your insight .... While ousting efer from this board too may seem strong for some i have received mail from a few that would like to see a change . With that in mind at least getting another mod w/ knowledge about our Argetine futbol ,our costumbres Argentinos does sound like a good idea to all ......

18. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    I would nominate ASF or Moishe for a new mod. Both very knowledgable about argentine futbol and don't cause any trouble on these boards.

TBH, I never had a problem with efernandez and never saw any problems on here with him.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd vote for asf, he seems like a decent bloke.

I have no problem with efan being a Columbian, who cares, but bad mouthing Argentina and Maradona doesn't seem appropriate for the moderator of the Argentina section of this site.

20. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My one and only opinion on this subject is quite simple, I have over the years belonged to many sites, at some I was a mod, and the problem I have encountered over and over again is a forming of a clique, something I would like at all costs to avoid here.

21. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ASF and Moishe are also good choices, but I think some might complain about having 2 Bostero mods

22. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Es mona? Una foto por favor! :D

More seriously, I have never had any problem with efer, nor have heard any direspect from him. But I don't spend much time in the Clubs section. The Boca-River rivalry just amuses me. I take no side, though like all Argies I had to choose side at birth and went for Boca because of the colours;)

But I'd say another mod could be helpful, since activity here has increased a lot over time. I'll cast my vote once contestants are selected.

23. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Forming a click is not my intention for this Viejo , I don't see what good it would do . It's probably part of the reason Bigsoccer had to revamp the whole site back a few months ago. And although I dislike him(efer), there is an obvious need for a new mod we can all agree on . So regardless of weather my intention was motivated by my negative feelings toward him , we may eventually end up w/ a very good mod in the processes producing a potentially positive result for us all..

Look I know most of you all don't share the same dislike of this fool that i have , thats fine im not asking everyone to dislike him . However I 'am all for making this board much more enjoyable for us all , and what better way that to Improve this board than to elect someone w/ insight of the Argentina and our way of life in general.. I hope this makes sense for most of you all..

.....and thanks again for your input Viejo it's much appreciated .

24. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well with that I can totally agree and I do support another Argentine as a Mod, it only makes sense.

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Devilman, when you pm'd me I'm pretty sure I suggested that you contact Efer via pm to see if this could be resolved in a more civil way. Calling Efer out via a thread is wrong regardless of your feelings towards him. You tell one tale and he another. Who's telling the truth?

I've been on here since 2005 and to be honest this whole thing came as a bit of a surprise. I have never witnessed either of you trolling or disrespecting one anothers club or nation. I spend a lot of time on here and surely would've have caught something. To Efers credit, he let's us moderate ourselves which is imho a rarity on this site. If you could truly provide some quotes on some un-mod like posts, then you might have a reason to ask for his ousting but other than that, I think you should let it go.

As far as adding another Argentine mod, we need it as this is very active forum but not at the cost of a personal pissing contest. I hope nothing I posted offended you Diablo as it is not my intention. All I'm saying is stick to the high road and accept that none of us will always agree with the other guy/gal.

p.s. I've seen a picture of RacingGirl and if wasn't for me being married and not a mormon......I digress:D