New Manager + New Technical Director

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah man.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just hire STY already, we all know KFA has this in mind. They're just playing this dumb game just to save face in the end. If not they would have fired him already.
    Enough of this bs, and just hire him and move on.

chook90 repped this.
  3. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have a feeling it'll just end up being Halilhodzic. Don't disappoint me, bitch ass KFA.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Montella fits this profile. I guess he's not getting any bites at a decent club. He may as well be desperate for an international manager position.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If it's between him and Halilhodzic, then there's no way he's getting the job. Also, I'm still hearing AVB is still listed.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nmssis repped this.
  8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    If the KFA were competent and transparent in the past (i.e., not waste money on golf and room salons), this (along with other recent notices) would be a reasonable announcement. Unfortunately, coming from the current KFA headed by the parsimonious side of the Hyundai family, these notices read like something out of the Hunger Games.

nmssis, soul24rage, jinseokyang and 2 others repped this.
  9. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    10August2012 repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It seems like the KFA is looking to announce the new manager after the JFA announces theirs on the 26th, or maybe on the same day.

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    but why???

13. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You know back in school days, when teacher brings cookies-- nobody wants to be the first one to bite.

14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    But I always wanted to be the first to take as many as possible.

15. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #1215 batumchange2, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    kfa&kim pangon supposedly only in contact with teamless coaches but i dont really get whats stopping them from calling others. i have a hard time believing anyone they hire will come with a better resume than the likes of michel preud'homme, paulo sousa, or manolo jimenez. even if they have zero interest in paying a fee to their current employers just finding out the asking price can be useful information

chook90 repped this.
  16. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    also if nobody that meets kfas initial qualifications wants to come to korea can kfa please consider peter stoger. led second division koln to europa league whilst making steady improvements each year (only got fired after his team completely ********ed up the summer transfer period). took over hopeless looking dortmund and got them a champions league finish. both koln and dortmund supporters have a lot of respect for him and regret their club had to let him go

if anyone deserves a shot at running a 4 year project its him

17. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He had negative memory with Jeonbuk.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Halilhodzic is apparently signing a contract with Egypt.

19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    These 기레기s seriously need to shut the fk up unless they are 100% sure.

20. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I can't speak for all 기레기s but many of them are only as good/reliable as their sources.

21. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I can tell you he wants to stay with Croatia. But, some CFF members may try to sabotage this, since he is a bit too independent with his decision-making, for their liking.
    He has received offers from Asia. I know this is unspecific.

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But Jeonbuk is but one club in Korea. I don't think his memory with Jeonbuk will play a significant role in his decision to be KNT head coach or not. Regardless, I don't think Dalic will come to Korea.

Stoger seems too high profile though. I suspect Bundesliga sides and decent teams across Europe will look to get his signature.

On a similar note, what about Peter Bosz? I think his bold approach to the game might be to Kim Pan Gon's liking. Seems under appreciated right now too.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Not really. Stoger's performance for BVB is regarded like a fail in Germany, even though he did well on paper. At the moment, there is no team from the BL that is looking for a new manager, so Kim Pan gon would have best chances to get him now. Besides that, I don't think he is too high profile, if we were approaching Ranieri, Prandelli, etc. I think Stoger would be a decent candidate. Markus Weinzierl is another BL manager who could do well with our NT.
    Idk about Bosz tbh.

chook90 repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both FAs possibly fighting for the same candidate(s).

25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Things are looking shaky at the moment with Halilhodzic as the Egyptian media are stating that it's an almost done deal, but then again it's not 100%.

We still don't know who the KFA is mainly targeting now(or before), or who is even on the list since the only confirmed names are Ranieri, Klinsmann, Halilhodzic, and Prandelli, whilst the Korean media are creating even more paranoia regarding the situation. All that's left is to wait patiently as this will be the final week to make up their decisions.