New flag ideas

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured this was needed for anyone to give ideas or to take ideas to make a flag for this season.

Here's one I came up with last night and shared with Spoon and OG. When Jimmy was introducing the players last night, he said that they call Trujillo "Drago" like Rocky IV. So what I was thinking was put an outlined picture, kind of like the Onalfo's Army flag, and under it put "I must break you".

Maybe use his picture in this post on Hillcrest Road for it.
    http://hillcrestroad.blogspot.com/2008/03/pics-from-practicephoto-shoot.html

If anyone wants to do that, feel free, I may do it, but don't have the time right now to devote to it.

The other one, was one that Jimmy suggested last night. Apparently when Jack was in HS at Springfield Kickapoo, they had a Jack-O-Meter, to count Jack's goals (he set the MO state record for goals his senior year) to counter the Mac-O-Meter in St. Louis for McGwire. He wanted to see a Jack-O-Meter in the Cauldron this year. This one would probably work better as a sign actually though.

2. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    this isn't really an idea... but i'm considering getting a kaw nation flag for games. maybe osage, too.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    quick and dirty. I added "Ivan" because I thought it would help people recognize him.

[​IMG]

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice, I like that.

5. Gordo KC

Gordo KC New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Overland Park
    that looks very nice

6. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I might be able to come up with a Jack-o-Meter as well. Can someone do the research to get the total number of his goals from high school to present? I think I'm going to use Dry-Erase board as part of a sign and start it at that number.

7. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are thinking about making it a banner, you could make the number a velcro-backed patch with a number painted on it. Then, as he added to his score, you just pull of the old number and stick on the new one. I could certainly help with the sewing as needed.

8. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say a can of spray on "dry-erase board" at Home Depotlast weekend.

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I thought about sewing them (well, having you sew them) but it just seemed like too much work. I'll check out that spray-on stuff as well.

I was thinking dry-erase might allow us more flexibility as to what it says each game.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I really want to make this as a two pole flag to hold up. I do have a few problems, 1) I don't really have a whole lot of time with my class at night 2) I have zero skill at drawing or even tracing. I can probably get supplies, but if someone wants to help me with this send me a PM.

11. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

I was planning on trying to make both at the KC Rep sometime this week. I'll let you know what night so you can make it to help if you can. It will mostly depend on Misty's schedule. She is an amazing scenic artist so I figured she would do the face and the hard parts, and we could fill in what she outlined for us.

I have a bit left of my blue fabric, white paint, and might even have a couple extra pvc poles.

If it's cool, I might have you pick up some supplies if we don't have something. This can be your flag when we're done. I just want to fill the Cauldron with more custom stuff.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds good Jeff, just let me know.

13. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's one I threw together just to make something different (I planned on adding KC to the left and 96 to the right, but the flag material is really thin and the paint bleeds right through):
    [​IMG]

14. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
  15. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I like the louse flag. That might be a good one to do too. I'm going to start on the Ivan flag etc tomorrow around 5 at the KC Rep. If anyone wants to lend a hand, shoot me a pm.

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I like your base louse better than this one I put together real quick, but I needed something I could blow up better for painting tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Is the El Piojo at the top redundant? I figured it might be necessary to spell it out a little more for the uninitiated, and liked the font.

I'm doing the Ivan with blue/black paint on white fabric, rather than what I have up there. The white paint just doesn't work for the shadow look we're going for, and I'm not sure black on blue will show up very well.

I think I'm going to hold off on the Jack-O-Meter for a couple weeks until I can come up with the best way to do it. Any ideas would be welcome.

17. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The painting went great. I didn't take any pictures but I should have the El Piojo and Ivan two-pole banners out there on Saturday, hopefully sewn and ready to hold. The El Piojo one might be a little tall to handle comfortably if it's windy. Hopefully it will work as a two-pole banner. It might be better as a flag.

18. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    Here are pictures of the flags the Misty, Jeff, Tansit and myself painted last night. A little sewing and we should be done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending on how much sewing is needed, I might be able to do it tomorrow night while watching the KU game...if Jeff and drop them off at my office.

21. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done!

22. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one just makes me laugh when I see it.
    Not saying it's bad or wrong, it just makes me laugh.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The etymology diagram I used as a base had the marks on the top of the head of the louse. When I didn't include some of the other markings on the back, it now looks like it has a creepy smiley face on top of the head.

I found it unintentionally funny.

Jack-O-Meter for game 2 hopefully.

24. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC

it was GREAT to see this fly after Trujillo's goal. it really looked good on TV. Wheelock gave props for the reference and they zoomed in on it in the Cauldron. very cool. :cool:

25. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It showed up nicely on the highlights.