New Coach Flash: Bombard them with emails

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by timed_out, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    The highlight for me was that Ape has fostered tactical flexibility and that the now the team can complete a "wall pass." (implying the '99 team could not, funny)

On a more serious note, there's a real federation effort to blame previous national team coaches and staff (a recent screed about Anson made the rounds at Region II ODP camp and clearly came from the federation), and also college coaches (who according to the article "don't teach technique") - and probably also soccer moms if they can fit it in. Doesn't seem like responsible behavior, but then again this isn't a functional organization. Sounds like the fed is bunkering down for a loss at the Olys - you'd think with this much talent and experience she'd luck out about every third time anyway . . .

The discussion about Pia takes on a new meaning when you think about the job that Lauren Gregg did (before she was totally hosed) in that area. The truth is probably Ape doesn't have any US contacts who can do that job.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I found a blurb in this article confusing...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/grant_wahl/08/10/olympics.pre/

The way I read it, Grant Wahl makes it sound like Heirnichs was given a contract extension after the WWC.

I thought April's original contract was all the way through 2004? It wasn't suppose to expire last year was it?

Or did Wahl mis-read Dr. Bob's comment about a possible extension of April's contract from that USA Today article I posted last week?