New 3rd Jersey Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Tigereye, Sep 22, 2011.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes cuz earning $100,000 a year in today's economy and sitting in an A/C office running a pro soccer team is such the off shore oil rig gig! Ha!

Perhaps he can just respond in kind,"I know it is frustrating to you as a loyal Dynamo fan, we're continuing to get it done."

Oh, rey and offe repped the quote, now THAT is awesome. You two boys are iconic.

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    don't hate the playa, hate the game? :thumbsup:

i kind of understand Canetti on this one. if i was club president i wouldn't really seek player personnel input from fans. my coaches, scouts, and players - yes! random yahoos - no.*

*not calling anyone a yahoo, i'm just sayin' that i've seen fans on facebook asking why we can't buy Chupete, Giovanni, Vela, Chicharito, Drogba and Iniesta all at the same time.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you just mention the coaches in there.
    Input. No thanks on it.
    Ok rey. Whatever you say.

4. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    I never thought I'd be annoyed by the continual appearance of the face of Waibel.

Celt, your son is right. Most of the BS haters have said they like them. It's not a purposeful FO conspiracy to ignore the fanbase at large, it's a de facto FO conspiracy to ignore you, specifically. Seems like a wise move to me.

5. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the third jerseys are fantastic... probably won't get one... as I don't want to pay over 100 bucks... but I think they are awesome.

6. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna not quote your crackhead post about Waibel. But it is apparent you have issues.

Strange, I spent 45 minutes after the game talking to FO and BBVA staff about how to make things better for our Stadium for next game. You might want to rethink your stance on me brah.

7. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ignore that fool, he don't know what the fuk he's talking bout.

The_Ponce repped this.
  8. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are people that know soccer and then there are people that know soccer, the politics involved, coaches, hichadas, what fuels it, and how it affects the world. That's not you I'm talking about by the way, that's CeltTexan. He has forgotten more about Craig Waibel than you know about soccer in general.

I agree with the freaking worthless dummie that's JC507. Even an annoying good for nothing like him says something right every once in a while. I'm kidding, bro, I drove by the stadium and it wasn't glowing orange, btw. Thanks for the beer!

9. YatChong

YatChong New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Well, can't wait for the new 3rd kit to come out, specially after I think they dropped the ball on the new main kit (random patches in random places). Here are my attempts of the new orange 3rd kit:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ChrizG13, *rey*, yossarin and 3 others repped this.
  10. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The rumor is that we won't get a new 3rd kit for a while. Just a new 2nd kit in 2014.

redinthemorning and *rey* repped this.
  11. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mostly back with orange and/or blue trimmings makes too much sense. Next.

Just orange? Sounds good

12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Space City Blue, or Blood Orange are my preferences.

13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't we getting a new third one this winter?

14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    According to who? I've never seen anyone from the team say that. We've had the current 3rd shirt since April of 2012 and we got the current 1st and 2nd in 2013 so people might have assumed that we would get a new 3rd in 2014 but I don't think there has been any announcement. There was a report that we would get a new 2nd shirt in 2014.

15. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    No 3rd jersey for "the forseeable future" according to my source. Adidas thought our 3 jersey sales were a joke. No new primary for next year but we are getting a new away.

redinthemorning and *rey* repped this.
  16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Jen Cooper had said they would release a new 3rd one after the season ended, but I might be wrong. I thought that was why they were putting them on sale late in the season. I've been surprised how many 3rd jerseys I've been seeing lately. I really like them, though they aren't Forever Orange orange.

17. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They didn't wear the 3rd jerseys at all during the regular season. I think just for the CCL matches.

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not really supposed to....

troutseth repped this.
  19. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    We've only ever worn the 3rd for one regular season game. It was when we hosted the Galaxy in 2012.

20. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

CC said a lot of things about the jerseys on those STH telecons which are proving not to be true-but before we jump his case, I think a lot of those decisions are made by Adidas. So just because Adidas says one thing, which everyone shares, doesn't mean they are going to do it, which makes those of us that shared that info look silly. I am learning they change their minds/designs/dates a lot.

21. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red isn't one of our colors. Maybe Adidas didn't know that?

22. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I thought that the third, or alternate jersey's are not typically a club's primary colors. When a club want to use their primary color they typically use the home kit to show them?

23. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Space city blue and black.

Heft repped this.
  24. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw, the AllStar jersey is all sorts of badass. That should be the template.

redinthemorning, 7seven7 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

Adidas did not pick/design the jersey completely. It had input from the FO. So the blame for the color goes on the FO.

As for other colors-the new away kit will be white. From my source-Black- "God no, what if we have an afternoon TV game?" Space City Blue- "We would look too much like KC".

So the aways will be white for a while.