Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought st juste was injured and out for the season

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord has a better MF; let's hope they dominate play. Ajax might have done better had ten Hag realized that Wöber rather than de Jong should have been in the back line.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Got a Red Card for violent play against Ajax.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord win over PSV 2-1 but I suspect there will be considerable controversy. PSV scored at about the 72nd minute and then three minutes later broke in on goal. Bulow made the initial save and then someone from the stands threw a second ball onto the pitch and PSV's attempt to deal with the rebound off the save was snuffed out. Not sure the match official can do anything about this type of behavior and I wonder what the NVNB will do about it. Donyell Malen had two good attempts to tie the game up but shot wild in both cases.

5. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic result. Our destiny is in our own hands. I'm going to rep the next ten @feyenoordsoccerfan posts I come across.

Orange14 repped this.
  6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Cracking match, start to end! Full credits to Gio and Feyenoord who got their tactics right from the beginning. They played fast and furious through the center, and clearly targeted the triangle of Schwaab, Viergiever and Hendrix - which was very obvious the weakest link of this PSV team. Feyenoord players also played with hunger and energy, as opposed to PSV men who were seemingly 45 minutes late to the match. They were simply flat in the opening half (hangover from Barca match midweek?), and didn't show any initiative to get going until after half time. Really like what I saw from Vilhena, what a pitbull!

League race is back on! PSV have two tough matches vs. Heracles and AZ in December. I predict they will drop more points, and Ajax will tie them up on the standing before winter break.

7. [​IMG]
    © AD
    Vilhena en Van Beek excelleren in topper, Pereiro ondermaats

Hoge cijfers werden dit weekeinde vooral genoteerd bij Feyenoord dat in de eigen Kuip een overwinning boekte op koploper PSV. Zowel Tonny Vilhena en Sven van Beek kregen een 8. Sam Larsson scoorde een 7,5.

Nik Kok 02-12-18, 20:49 Laatste update: 20:53
    Feyenoord – PSV 2-1
    Feyenoord: Bijlow 7; St. Juste 6,5, Van Beek 8, Van der Heijden 6,5, Malacia 6,5; Clasie 7 (63. Ayoub -), Toornstra 7, Vilhena 8; Larsson 7,5, Jørgensen 7 (44. Vente 7), Berghuis 7.
    PSV: Zoet 6,5; Dumfries 5,5, Schwaab 5,5, Viergever 6, Angeliño 6; Pereiro 4 (46. Malen 6), Rosario 5, Hendrix 4,5 (68. Gutiérrez -); Bergwijn 6,5, De Jong 6, Lozano 5.
    Scheidsrechter Gözübüyük: 7,5.
    Man of the match: De energieke machine die Feyenoord zondagmiddag was, werd aangedreven door Tonny Vilhena die in de slotfase zelfs nog de energie had om de verdedigers van PSV op te jagen.
    [​IMG]

Tonny Vilhena (rechts) in duel met Denzel Dumfries. © ANP Pro Shots

aveslacker repped this.
  8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Why did they not give the MOM award to the Feyenoord supporter who threw the extra ball onto the pitch which eliminated a PSV scoring chance?

9. Impossible, it's a she. My 8 year old niece:D
    She probably will ask for a new one from me.;)

aveslacker repped this.
  10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    She is probably going to be banned from the stadium. Really poor behavior

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As I suspected Malacia defensively is a liability and again was on on showcase big time when PSV started raiding his flank especially in the second half.

Overall I think the PSV midfield collapsed big time and feyenoord pinned them on counter attack.

Can somebody tell me what will happen to st juste. Between him and dumfries, I think st juste had a upper hand.

Orange14 repped this.
  12. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reps # 2-7 on this page.

13. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give it to her!

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's rather simple, he is just not very good. To put it in FSF's verbage, he is the Nathan Ake of Eredivisie fullbacks.

This has been PSV's key problem in all their CL matches. Forwards are good and defenders decent but the MF has huge problems. Hendrix is just below average and Pereiro should never start in the MF

If you are thinking of st juste as an NT FB, he is not as good as Dumfries at this moment.

15. As has been said before he's by origin and favours the CD-spot, but is also very capable to play defensive midfielder. Right wing back is just by necesity.

aveslacker repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good to see van Beek back in action. Unfortunately for all Dutch right central defenders there is almost no chance at getting an NT spot as long as de Ligt stays healthy.

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Exactly my thought... For a RB, St Juste doesn’t seem to have anything much to offer offensively. Good as a filler, but not a known entity as a capable/willing crosser or runner.

For the NT setup, I still think the spot is for Dumfries to lose at the moment. With two strong established CD’s in Van Dijk and De Ligt, I just need the two fullbacks to be defensively decent (not great... am okay with occasional clumsy moments), as long as the offensive throughouts far outweigh the limitations.

18. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    It didn't eliminate a PSV scoring opportunity, Feyenoord were in the process of clearing the ball from the area when the second ball landed. It appeared to me that a Feyenoord player was just starting into the kicking motion. But, yeah, poor sportsmanship from someone in the crowd.

As an Ajax fan, you should be happy that Feyenoord picked points from PSV when your squad has not yet done so.

19. Mmm, he acts like Aké at the moment, but donot forget he went straight from Young Feyenoord into the 1st team. Unfortunately thanks to a faulty judgement by the management team when they didnot opt for the possibility to let the Young team play in the 2nd tier, he hasnot got the experience of playing against men, like Young Ajax and PSV do and in the course of that their young players are far better prepared for first team duties than Young Feyenoord players. So Malacia has to learn the stuff against better opposition than the young ones of PSV and Ajax and under pressure of must win, which is lacking for the other two top clubs young ones.
    So he's learning to iron out mistakes in a very much different environment than the other teams youngsters.
    So in short, he makes mistakes but given the circumstances they are expected ones, not by default of lack of quality.
    Time will learn what's his true capacity. At this moment he's just an apprentice trying to keep up with the seasoned ones.

Gabriel Guilarte and aveslacker repped this.
  20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. To be precise he got into trouble when Bergwijn took on him. Lozano was invisible against Malacia. Malacia is fast, but when you start at the same moment or are trying to catch up Bergwijn.....well...good luck to you:p
    @Orange14 was doubtful we would be able to hold Lozano, which Malacia did. He had him in his pocket.