Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    And who chased JC14 away? :eek:

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Please let's not rehash these old battles or I will have to take some action!!!

FWIW, Ms Neesken's last post was about five years ago.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  3. About 5 years ago. The post in which she announced she had it with the attacks on her and she would leave BS I cannot find anymore.

4. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    That was a genuine question BTW. I was wondering where JC14 went... I didn't remember the circumstance that made him leave. But certainly, don't have to go down that route if it was too painful. :thumbsup:

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'll leave it to you to search through old threads if you want to. I'll only say that there was some really nasty interchange between people. PM me if you want more details; I'm not posting anything publicly.

BaritoPutra repped this.
  6. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Naah, that's good enough explanation... thanks! It's tiring enough to listen to the news these days with people bickering ahead of the election next week, I don't need more drama :x3:

Orange14 repped this.
  7. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes, sorry for opening a can of worms. For all her ridiculous blind spots, she was a good egg. I'm sure it must be killing her to see her club end up like this.

8. Kids go together with players of both teams on the pitch, dressed in the shirts of the teams they go hand in hand with.
    A little boy before the cup match of Feyenoord against ADO had to wear an ADO shirt and accompany an ADO player, because all the Feyenoord shirts were already handed out.
    So while waiting for the hatch of the player's tunnel to be opened he comes eye to eye with his hero Robin van Persie. In an adorable way he makes sure that Robin knows that although he's wearing an ADO shirt he actually is for Feyenoord and wanted to go on the pitch with them.
    upload_2018-11-4_2-6-56.png
    It's the kid with his hands behind his back.
    He melted some hearts and later was given by Feyenoord a Feyenoord shirt:thumbsup:

aveslacker repped this.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Great story!!!

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess this is what happens when you don't pay your electric bill.
    [​IMG]

11. Rumours are that the management turned out the light because banners were visible to safe the "Kuip" instead of building the new stadium.;)

12. Going to be difficult to find a day to play the match as soon as possible.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Neither team is in Europe so it should not be that difficult

14. No, it's the schedule of international matches like CL and EL that get in the way. You cannot play matches on those days by UEFA rules.

15. Articles concerning the new Feyenoord stadium:
    https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2018/10/0...-prima-zolang-ze-maar-topdrie-spelen-a2263703
    Plan nieuw stadion Feyenoord is prima, zolang ze maar topdrie spelen

Project Feyenoord City De Britse stadion-expert Richard Cheesman kwam naar Rotterdam om de gemeenteraad gerust te stellen over het project. De club moet structureel in de topdrie spelen. Is dat wel realistisch?
    Steven Verseput/Eppo König 5 oktober 2018

Due to raised worries about the viability of the new stadium to generate money for Feyenoord, the advisors/risk assessors to the banks ISG came to Rotterdam to inform the Rotterdam municipal council that the plans are viable, but Feyenoord needs to be in the top 3 to make that happen. Alas in 40 years we dropped out of the top 3 18 times.

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2018/11/06/eis-feyenoord-25-mln-toch-haalbaar-a2754127
    Eis Feyenoord van 25 miljoen toch haalbaar’

Feyenoord City De patstelling tussen de gemeente en de club lijkt doorbroken. Feyenoord kan rekenen op een vast budget in het beoogde nieuwe stadion.
    Eppo König
    6 november 2018 om 16:19

According to this article Feyenoord's demand of a guaranteed 25 million fee from the new stadium is after all possible. Initially this demand seemed to be doomed under the presumption it violates EU rules about infringement of European Competition rules as being state support.

16. Feyenoord's stadium nicknamed "de kuip" (= the tub) made it into the bbc's list of scariest places to play a match:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5957cb44-65fe-43d2-bbf5-48e336f48b23

Some of the world's scariest places to play or watch football
    Including: almost vertical stands, terrifying tunnels and stadiums that actually seem to shake with sound. Not including: a single prawn sandwich
    6. Stadion Feijenoord aka De Kuip, Rotterdam - Feyenoord
    [​IMG]Gettyimages
    Possibly the most raucous stadium in the Netherlands, De Kuip (“The Tub”) manages to create an ear-piercing din, largely because of its imposing and claustrophobic design, like a bathtub

:D

aveslacker and Orange14 repped this.
  17. A leach is lying his teeth out:

Chong: ''Ik ben Feyenoord dankbaar voor al die jaren''

woensdag 14 november 2018 08:18 81.275 keer bekeken 348 reacties Pro Shots

Engelse fans en voetbalkenners zijn laaiend enthousiast over Tahith Chong, een achttienjarige vleugelaanvaller die twee jaar geleden de overstap maakte van Feyenoord naar Manchester United. Chong zit nu voor het eerst bij Jong Oranje en hoopt snel zijn debuut te maken voor de topclub uit Engeland.

Voor Chong begon het allemaal op Varkenoord. ''Ik ben Feyenoord dankbaar voor al die jaren, maar zag een uitdaging bij Manchester United. In het voetbal heeft iedereen een mening en daar zal ik als voetballer mee om moeten gaan. Iedereen heeft zijn eigen pad. Het gaat er ook niet om wie er als eerste in het eerste zit, maar om wie er blijft.''

Chong traint nu met sterren als Paul Pogba en Romelu Lukaku. "Daar kun je alleen maar van leren,'' vertelt de aanvaller in gesprek met FOX Sports ''Ik moet hard blijven werken om in het eerste te spelen. Ik zit er dicht bij, maar het hangt allemaal van mezelf af
    ."

If he really was grateful, he would have stayed and make Feyenoord profit from all their work.
    Chong, you're nothing more than a parasite. Taking without giving back.

Orange14 repped this.
  18. On the topic of kids parasiting on our capacity of the academy staff knowledge
    at Bayern another highly regarded kid is playing, snapped away from our Academy, Zirkzee.
    I noticed a little brother of him is still in the academy. Measures should be taken to make a statement no action goes without an answer. The whole Zirkzee bunch should be kicked out of our academy.

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ Fosu-Mensah had a brother, Paul, in the Ajax academy after he left for ManU. I think Ajax would not give him a contract as he was not good enough and he's moved on.

20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to attend a match there. I'd have to wear grey or something, of course.

Another ridiculous atmosphere is in Athens. About 12 years ago I went to the Panathinaikos - Olympiakos derby. Unbelievable. If you've never smelled the combination of teargas and souvlaki, you're missing out. It's quite intoxicating.

21. https://www.ad.nl/rotterdam/magisch...en-na-wervelende-voetbalshow-oranje~ab49b4e9/
    [​IMG]
    ‘Magische Kuip’ de hemel in geprezen na wervelende voetbalshow Oranje

Update
    De Kuip wordt de hemel in geprezen na de magnifieke 2-0 overwinning van Oranje op wereldkampioen Frankrijk. Op Twitter regent het loftuitingen aan het adres van het beroemde, monumentale voetbalbolwerk in Rotterdam-Zuid, waar ’s lands voetbalkeurkorps schier onverslaanbaar is.

Marcel Potters 17-11-18, 14:22 Laatste update: 15:09

aveslacker repped this.
  22. Grootscholten per direct weg bij Feyenoord Academy

Feyenoord gaat op zoek naar een nieuwe baas voor de jeugdopleiding. De Rotterdamse club heeft de samenwerking met Richard Grootscholten verbroken. Beide partijen gaan officieel per 1 maart uit elkaar. Grootscholten is tot die tijd vrijgesteld van werkzaamheden bij Feyenoord.

ANP 20-11-18, 18:40

Grootscholten wanted to introduce new methods and modern approaches, but the old guard didnot want change. So he has to go.
    Although I didnot think all plans he had were an improvement, I think a combination of the old and his views was the way to move forwards. I have the feeling the majority of the staff like to stay in their comfort zone and are afraid of change in the way the academy operates.
    I'm doubtful about this sacking.

https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/feyenoord-kiest-voor-oude-en-vertrouwde-aanpak~aba20c34/

23. Great. At the Academy grounds violent behaviour of a family member of Crysencio Summerville busting in the dress room against Mats Knoester. Both Young Feyenoord players got into an argument on the pitch and that family member was called in by I guess Crysencio Summerville.
    Crysencio Summerville is considered to be a highly talented kid, but violence against any player of Feyenoord should be followed by expulsion from the academy, no matter what status of the kid in terms of potential first team qualities.
    What happened is a very red line that was crossed and must be addressed accordingly.
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...ndgemeen-in-kleedkamer-van-onder-19~a87bd325/

24. Well, the clash is coming!!
    De vermoedelijke opstellingen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    124 times they met and Feyenoord won 50 times, lost 45 matches and 29 ended in a draw.
    At home Feyenoord won 30 times of the 62 matches, lost 12 and draws for 20 clashes.
    It's not certain yet if van Persie can play.
    St. Juste is back after 3 matches suspension.
    Last season PSV beat Feyenoord in R'dam with 1=3. The last time PSV managed to beat Feyenoord in back to back seasons was in 1980/81 and 1981/82.
    It will be Lozano's first match against Feyenoord in the "Kuip" as he missed the previous ones after red cards.