Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Supertrio Feyenoord zorgt voor unicum in Gouden Schoen verkiezing
    Feyenoorders Eric Botteghin, Karim El Ahmadi en Jens Toornstra zorgen voor een unicum. Naast dat ze met Feyenoord de landstitel wonnen staan de spelers met zijn drieën op het podium van de Voetballer van het Jaar-klassement. Het klassement wordt opgemaakt door de Telegraaf, VVCS en de Eredivisie.

Nooit eerder kwam het voor dat er drie spelers van één club op het hoogste podium stonden. Karim El Ahmadi wint de gouden schoen, hij doorbreekt als enige de magische grens van 200 punten met 201 punten is hij de allerbeste. Nummer twee is Botteghin hij haalt 196,5 punt en Toornstra is nummer drie met 195,5 punt.

Deze drie spelers staan dus ook in het elftal van het jaar. Feyenoord heeft ook de meest waardevolle speler in dienst. Nicolai Jørgensen is met 21 goals en 13 assists in 32 wedstrijden veruit de meest waardevolle speler van de Eredivisie.

Het elftal van het jaar bestaat dan ook voor een groot deel uit Feyenoorders, maar liefst zeven van de elf spelers zijn in dienst van de Rotterdammers.

Elftal van het jaar:
    Onana (Ajax), Rick Karsdorp (Feyenoord), Eric Botteghin (Feyenoord), Jan-Arie van der Heijden (Feyenoord), Davinson Sanchez (Ajax), Karim El Ahmadi (Feyenoord), Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord), Jens Toornstra (Feyenoord), Kamelo Mokotjo (FC Twente), Davy Klaassen (Ajax) en Nicolai Jørgensen (Feyenoord).

Aanrader! Koop nu je kampioenstattoo voor 5 euro!

2. [​IMG]

The shield was a special one, with the lettering this time in 24 carat gold. Unfortunately because of that the letters werenot an integral part of the shield, which is made of silver and some didnot survive the partying on the pitch. So some where on the pitch there are golden letters to be found.
    Looking at the shield one can clearly see what went awol:D

3. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Rumours have Feyenoord linked with Sofyan Amrabat, Nordin's younger brother, who played 32 matches for FC Utrecht this season but scored no goals.

Elia is being linked with some no-name Turkish club. I figured that he would either go to China or the Middle East for big pay, low effort, or stick with Feyenoord for the Champions League play.

FSF, what say the Rotterdam rags?

4. Too much about players coming. Even UK media talking about Miazga switching from Vitesse to either PSV or Feyenoord is parrotted.
    Sure is Kuyt stops, and Elia moves on. He came, as the case was with Kuyt, to win prizes to restart his career that was in a dead end alley. He gave up alot of money to play here and now he has done what he came for he wants to cash in the last years of his career. He has my blessing as he delivered his goods.
    For the rest all we know is from the media telling that Heerenveen Larson is a good option (I agree) and several other players like Amrabat are mentioned. But it still is only the media and the moneybag is still not capable of spending wild (which we shouldnot do anyway).
    The moneybag could get filled if Karsdorp goes, and replacement is already in house (Nieuwkoop). But we have a narrow selection quality wise, so I would like to keep both.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad your U-19s got thrashed by Ajax who again won the junior championship!

6. So what? WC2014 proved even a 10-0 trashing by PSV didnot hamper those youngsters that were humiliated in 2010 to almost reach the WC final 4 years later and some to play for top clubs now and being payed ridicilous money. No Dutch Ajax talent in sight in that period up till now.
    As the mantra at Varkenoord sounds, it's not the result that counts, but the progress made and the lessons learned.

7. https://www.fr-fans.nl/nieuws/30724...is-alleen-omdat-ik-bij-feyenoord-op-proef-ben
    "Het liefst zou ik in Nederland willen blijven omdat de jeugd hier veel meer kans krijgt bij clubs dan in Engeland of Frankrijk. Ik zit nu ook op Nederlandse les, ik zou graag bij een club willen spelen die me vertrouwen geeft. Daarom ben ik nu in Nederland om de clubs te voelen en te zien. Het enige erge wat ik nu hier in Nederland heb meegemaakt is dat Ajax supporters mij bedreigd hebben via Instagram als ik niet bij hun zou tekenen, heel zielig vind ik dat. Alleen omdat ik nu bij Feyenoord op proef ben?”

Google translate:
    "I would prefer to stay in the Netherlands because the youth is getting a lot more chance at clubs than in England or France. I am also currently in Dutch class, I would like to play at a club that gives me confidence. That's why I am now in the Netherlands to feel and see the clubs. The only bad thing I've experienced here in the Netherlands is that Ajax supporters threatened me through Instagram if I did not sign with them, I think that's very sad. Only because I'm on trial at Feyenoord? "
    Gsus, how sick are you to do that? It really is time to hunt down people like that and make them pay. But given the gentle brush over their hands of the shitheads that threatened and performed racist abuse towards Sylvana Simons it will take a long time before these things are taken seriously. Unless of course the victim is a certain GW. Then things are different.

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what about ruud vormer. he has been in good form for Brugge. may they should bring him back.

9. Nope, he had his chance and didnot deliver. He now is almost 30, so not a good idea. We need midfielders that are young and talented. Not someone we need to replace in a short time.

10. And we are taking back from loan Jari Schuurman, very talented midfielder of 20 years old. And when we can get young Amrabat of FC Utrecht too, I see no reason why we would return Vormer. Not even when the EPL comes for Toornstra, like media suggest.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1687 wilson00, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    I'm jus thinking what will reinforce the team better especially for CL. a young kid on the block or a player who is absolutely in his prime.

Vilhnea doesn't strike me as player who will or can deliver at a top level. his ceiling is limited. pretty much similar to wijnaldum I guess but one level down.

A midfield of Toornstra, Vormer and El Ahmadi would really add another dimension to the midfield especially given when providing servicexcellent to strikers like Kramer ando Jorgensen.

I think Clasie might be to expensive to bring him back.

12. Vormer is described as an excellent vacuum cleaner for Brugge. He doesnot bring anything Vilhena cannot and Tonny Vilhena is far younger. Toornstra probably will be gone and we donot need two vacuum cleaners, but a creative midfielder and that's Amrabat and Schuurman.
    To be honest I think we should shift some midfielders out as we have too many.
    For the midfield Schuurman is called back for next season.
    I donot know what happened with Gustafson. He started last season very promising, but somehow disappeared. He's still young, but should get his act together very fast or otherwise it's better to drop him.
    Then we need replacement for Elia and probably (hope not) for Berghuis.
    Feyenoord also should look for a solid left back with speed, so Kongolo can move inwards to replace JAvdH for speed in the centre. Lucas Woudenberg should get a chance in the pre season to proof himself.

13. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Still too early to tell who leaves tbh, even for those who extended their contract. But we dont have to let people go for pennies anymore, and I doubt clubs will be willing to pay big bucks for any of our players yet tbh. But with just Elia/Kuyt/Berghuis already gone we do have big holes to fill.

14. Time for Bilal to take the limelight spot:)
    And it's time to put Vente in the first team selection.

15. Jens Toornstra extended his contract to mid 2021. Nice:thumbsup:

16. https://www.businessinsider.nl/feyenoord-kampioen-eredivisie-champions-league-inkomsten/
    De landstitel levert Feyenoord minstens €25 miljoen op (en op termijn nog veel meer)
    Herwin Thole 15 May 2017 3666

[​IMG]
    Spelers van Feyenoord met de kampioensschaal.

Foto: ANP

Feyenoord is weer helemaal terug. De Rotterdamse club raakte tien jaar geleden in financiële problemen, maar is door gezond beleid uit het dal gekropen.

Met als ultieme beloning de landstitel. Dirk Kuijt schoot Feyenoord zondag naar de overwinning tegen Heracles, waardoor de club zich voor het eerst in achttien jaar kampioen van de eredivisie mag noemen.

En met dat sportieve succes komen ook de nodige financiële opstekers.

Champions League

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    It was stated in another forum that Gustafson had a bit of a mental breakdown this spring and did not even participate in the week of championship celebrations. That is too bad, if true, and hopefully he will get some treatment. I suspect he will go back to Sweden. He did quite well the first half of the 2015-2016 season but never recovered from the 4-match ban the KNVB slammed him with in December of 2015.

18. Good developments, kids going through the ranks of the club, instead of hopping around instigated by luring predators:

"Lutsharel Geertruida heeft zojuist zijn handtekening onder zijn eerste contract bij Feyenoord gezet. Dit weet FR12.nl te melden. De jonge verdediger is bezig aan zijn tweede seizoen als B-junior en speelt volgend seizoen bij Feyenoord O19. De 16-jarige Geertruida stond ook in de belangstelling van PSV, maar koos dus voor een contract in Rotterdam.

Geertruida is niet de eerste B-junior die dit seizoen zijn eerste profcontract tekende. Eerder zetten ook Cheick Toure, Orkun Kokcu, Achraf El Bouchataoui en Wouter Burger hun handtekening onder hun eerste contact bij de kampioen van Nederland
    ."

English:
    "Lutsharel Geertruida has just put his signature under his first contract at Feyenoord. This is what FR12.nl reports. The young defender is active in his second season as B junior and will play next season at Feyenoord O19. The 16-year-old Geertruida also attracted the interest of PSV, but chose a contract in Rotterdam.

Geertruida is not the first B junior to sign his first professional contract this season. Previously, Cheick Toure, Orkun Kokcu, Achraf El Bouchataoui and Wouter Burger also signed their signature during their first contact with the Dutch champion."

19. Remarkable transfer rumour from Turkey.
    It is said that Fenerbace wants Elia so much they want to swap him for van Persie plus keep paying part of van Persie's salary (= 5 million +).

20. Okay, this isnot good.
    L'Equipe reports that BVB wants Gio as the successor of Tüchel. Not good.:cry:

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That has as much chance of happening as Bosz moving to Dortmund ----- zero.

22. Are you sure about Bosz's zero chance though:devilish::D

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was when I woke up this morning but not so certain any longer since the rumours are flying around that Bosz is the #1 choice. Huge surprise for me if it does happen.