Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. De Ligt: 'Ik denk dat Feyenoord onze hete adem wel voelt' - Voetbalzone
    De Ligt: I think Feyenoord does feel our hot breath"

Hahahahaaaaaaaaa
    What a nuthead. He probably means "I think Feyenoord does feel our gasping for breath". :D:p

Heracles were denied a solid goal given off side :mad: and gave awy enough open target chances Heracles should have buried:( to go home with 3-4 goals in the pocket.
    His name is "de Ligt" (the Light), but probably should change it to " glowing splinter"

2. The rest of the season updated with results:
    Feyenoord:
    Datum & tijdstipTegenstanderThuis/uit

Win 0-2 Zo. 05-02-2017 14:30 FC Twente Uit
    Win 2-0 Za. 11-02-2017 19:45 FC Groningen Thuis

Win 0-1 Zo. 19-02-2017 16:45 ADO Den Haag Uit
    Win 2-1Zo. 26-02-2017 14:30 PSV Thuis

Zo. 05-03-2017 12:30 Sparta Rotterdam Uit
    Zo. 12-03-2017 14:30 AZ Thuis
    Zo. 19-03-2017 12:30 SC Heerenveen Uit
    Zo. 02-04-2017 14:30 Ajax Uit

Wo. 05-04-2017 20:45 Go Ahead Eagles Thuis
    Zo. 09-04-2017 14:30 PEC Zwolle Uit
    Zo. 16-04-2017 14:30 FC Utrecht Thuis
    Zo. 23-04-2017 14:30 Vitesse Uit

Zo. 07-05-2017 14:30Excelsior Uit
    Zo. 14-05-2017 14:30Heracles Almelo Thuis

Ajax:
    Win 0-2 ZO 05 februari 2017 Roda JC-Ajax 14:30
    Win 2-0 ZO 12 februari 2017 Ajax-Sparta 21:05
    Win 0-1 ZO 19 februari 2017 Vitesse-Ajax 19:00
    Win 3-1 ZO 26 februari 2017 Ajax-Heracles Almelo 14:30

ZO 05 maart 2017 FC Groningen-Ajax 16:45
    ZO 12 maart 2017 Ajax-FC Twente 14:30
    ZO 19 maart 2017 Excelsior-Ajax 14:30
    ZO 02 april 2017 Ajax-Feyenoord 18:30
    WO 05 april 2017 Ajax-AZ 19:45
    ZA 08 april 2017 NEC-Ajax 16:45
    ZO 16 april 2017 Ajax-SC Heerenveen 16:45
    ZO 23 april 2017 PSV-Ajax 14:30

ZO 07 mei 2017 Ajax-Go Ahead Eagles 14:30
    ZO 14 mei 2017 Willem II-Ajax

PSV logically out of the race as Feyenoord has to loose 4 matches out of 10 remaining and PSV has to win them all:

Win 2-4 zaterdag 4 februari AZ 19:45 PSV
    Win 3-0 zondag 12 februari PSV 16:45 FC Utrecht
    Win 3-1 zaterdag 18 februari PSV 19:45 NEC

Loss 2-1 zondag 26 februari Feyenoord 14:30 PSV
    zaterdag 4 maart PSV 19:45 Roda JC
    zaterdag 11 maart Go Ahead Eagles 19:45 PSV
    zaterdag 18 maart PSV 19:45 Vitesse
    zaterdag 1 april Sparta Rotterdam 19:45 PSV
    donderdag 6 april FC Twente 20:45 PSV
    zondag 9 april PSV 16:45 Willem II
    zaterdag 15 april ADO Den Haag 19:45 PSV
    zondag 23 april PSV 16:45 Ajax
    zondag 7 mei FC Groningen 14:30 PSV
    zondag 14 mei PSV 14:30 PEC Zwolle

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its Feyenoord's title to lose now. Only a typical Oranje choke can give the title to Ajax

4. What's that?

5. Count down 10 matches:
    Feyenoord needs 25 out of 30 points remaining, given goal difference with Ajax stays positive, 48 vs 36.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A choke?? Whats interesting there is no Dutch translation for the English word "choke".

A choke is when you get really close to winning a title, then you get so nervous you forget what to do, and lose the game. Good examples would be Rensenbrink hitting the post, Robben hitting Casillas's toenail or Oranje sucking at taking penalties in WC1998

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. One year ago in my Alma Mater's magazine:
    https://www.erasmusmagazine.nl/en/2016/02/16/campus-talk-is-er-nog-hoop-voor-feyenoord/
    Campus Talk Students
    Campus Talk: Is there hope left for Feyenoord?
    'As a Feyenoord supporter you know you shouldn’t be expecting to celebrate a championship every year, but currently it’s a real tragedy.'

[​IMG]
    Image by Job Zomerplaag
    Before the winter break, Feyenoord was only two points away from the lead in the Eredivisie, and it seemed that this spring the first championship in 17 years could be celebrated at the Coolsingel. But after the break, the biggest football club in Rotterdam lost seven games in a row. The team of manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst is currently in the middle of a big crisis. Every weekend, the loyal fans demand deeds instead of words. However, they are still waiting for the first victory in 2016. EM, with a bleeding heart because of the current situation at Feyenoord, asked students whether they still have a little faith in the football club. Is the end of the suffering of Feyenoord and its fans near?

Daniël Uzorka (23), Economics & Business Economics student
    [​IMG]
    “I was hoping that after the sixth lost game in a row, they could win against PEC Zwolle, a doable opponent at first sight. However the result, 3-1, and the match itself showed the current trend at the club: there was no chemistry. The Feyenoord team that won a lot of matches before the winter break, and the current team, it’s totally different. Being Feyenoord supporter has been no fun for the last weeks, and that’s an understatement. As a Feyenoord supporter you know you shouldn’t be expecting to celebrate a championship every year, but currently it is a real tragedy. In the first half of the season, they were only two points behind Ajax. I was having confidence that we could win the league. However, the winners’ mentality is long gone and it’s hard to believe it will come back soon. As a ‘fair-weather supporter’ , I’ve been to the stadium several times to see a match, and then they won those matches. Next weekend, we can turn the tide, by winning 3-0 against Roda JC Kerkrade. There’s still enough to cheer for: in April Feyenoord will win the KNVB cup.”

Frederique Ahsman (19), Law student
    [​IMG]
    “Every Sunday we watch Feyenoord together with the whole family, whether that is in de Kuip for home games or in front of the TV for away games. When the equalizer had been scored in the last match against Zwolle, none of us cheered. And after the final whistle (3-1) my grandfather and my father were grumpy. My grandfather Ed, former Feyenoord-player and club member for seventy years, could not stand it anymore. My dad was swearing during the match and after the match, my mom said she could cry. I have seen them playing since I’m four years old and have seen quite a lot of matches. At the moment, it seems that nothing can be done about it. It’s really sad. It’s true that Giovanni van Bronckhorst is a club hero, but he can’t make the team win their matches. Now they have to remain fighting for the third place in the league, that’s our only chance to play in the European competition next season. In a few weeks they will play the semi-finals of the KNVB-cup, however I’m not sure if this will be a victory for Feyenoord. We are on holidays during the match against Roda JC, and maybe that’s a good thing.”

Will Pearson (23), Master student Psychology of Human Learning and Performance from the UK
    [​IMG]
    “Until last Sunday, I had never heard about PEC Zwolle. As an Arsenal fan I know how it feels when your club is going through hard times. From childhood on, I’ve been an Arsenal fan, a club which could be seen as the British equivalent of Feyenoord. The majority of the fans originally came from the working class, the legendary rivalries and a great atmosphere in the stadium. Arsenal is currently second in the English Premier League, thanks to the fans who have always been there to support their club. When the Feyenoord supporters remain to do the same, Feyenoord will definitely come back. Also, the transfer of Kazim Richards is something that could help the club to get back on track. In England he’s known as a complete idiot, and now Dutch people know that as well, after he threatened a journalist. I really want to go to a Feyenoord match soon, together with my dad who’s crazy about football. I’m sure that Feyenoord will be successful again by then.”

Thaina Franck (20), Law student
    [​IMG]
    “After seven lost games in a row, you could say that I lost a bit of my confidence in the club. I hope that I see a winning Feyenoord soon, but when this will happen? Nobody knows. The current weaknesses in the team can also be seen as opportunities for growth. As a Rotterdam-born and a grandchild of a Brazilian professional football player, I grew up with football. Also in school, Feyenoord was often the trending topic. Even though I’ve grown up with the club, it has never had a big impact on my life. Sometimes I go to the Feyenoord stadium to show the players my support, but I’m not going every week since I don’t feel very comfortable to be there. Because I was born in Rotterdam, and always have lived near Rotterdam, I know many people who are really big supporters. Together with other fans, they are The Legion, which will always be there for the players. The relationship they have with the club can be seen as a parent-child relationship: sometimes you disagree, but they will always be there to support Feyenoord.”

Share this article
    ShareTweet

9. AD Sportwereld team of the week:
    [​IMG]

And the rating of the match:
    Feyenoord - PSV 2-1
    Feyenoord: Jones 7; Karsdorp 6,5 (80. Nieuwkoop -), Botteghin 7, Van der Heijden 7, Kongolo 7: Toornstra 7,5, El Ahmadi 7,5, Vilhena 7; Berghuis 5,5 (86. Nelom -), Jørgensen 6, Elia 6 (59. Basacikoglu 6).
    PSV: Zoet 5,5; Arias 4, Isimat 6, Moreno 6, Willems 6; Pröpper 5, Guardado 5,5 (84. Locadia -), Van Ginkel (36. Bergwijn 4,5), Pereiro 5,5, L. de Jong 5,5, Ramselaar 5,5 (72. S. de Jong -).
    Arbiter: Nijhuis 5
    Man van de wedstrijd: Kilometervreter Jens Toornstra was ook tegen PSV weer overal te vinden. Van alle spelers schoot hij het vaakst op doel (4 keer) en bovendien veroverde hij op Eric Botteghin na de meeste ballen. Met negen treffers achter zijn naam heeft hij nu al zeven keer vaker gescoord dan vorig seizoen.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You are just jealous as Feyenoord do not have a young central defender with his ability!!!:cool:

11. Uhm, we are loaded with central defenders, so much that we put one of the best in NL for that spot on the left back spot and guess what, he's great there too, that Kongolo dude. For De Ligt it is to be hoping not to endin that list of highly hyped Ajax defenders that after a good season end up as failures compared to what 020 made of them. The only defenders that proved their worth are the ones not from 020. Especially the Rotterdam bread ones are the highly successful ones.

Yep, when you compare the quality of play of Feyenoord vs PSV and the haphazard/sloppy way of Ajax for matches in a row now, it indeed is up to Feyenoord themselves to keep the concentration and focus. They need to keep the away matches on the level of the one versus Twente and not dip into the lacklustre performance of the ADO match. It is all about grabbing the opponent by the throat from kick off, like they did against PSV. The rest of the league is incapable to put up the intensity Feyenoord can put on the pitch.
    Bosz must be worried that one of the coming matches the coin flips in favour of the opponent. It is unrealistic to expect it will always flip your way. The talk before the start of the season was that Ajax has the better players, but these are masters in keeping that hidden from the lime light.
    Before Ajax gets the "chance" to take points from Feyenoord they have 2 difficult matches vs Feyenoord 1.
    So the question is whether Ajax is going to be able to keep the gap the same or not.

Feyenoord:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ajax:
    Zo. 05-03-2017 12:30 Sparta Rotterdam Uit---------------ZO 05 maart 2017 FC Groningen-Ajax 16:45
    Zo. 12-03-2017 14:30 AZ Thuis-----------------------------ZO 12 maart 2017 Ajax-FC Twente 14:30
    Zo. 19-03-2017 12:30 SC Heerenveen Uit------------ZO 19 maart 2017 Excelsior-Ajax 14:30
    ---------------------------------------Zo. 02-04-2017 14:30 Ajax Uit

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #1412 Brilliant Dutch, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    [​IMG]

Look at all those fine Dutch names. I can see Eredivisie is headed in the right direction

13. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I'd be curious to see what Feyenoord would do in the CL if they win the title...Unlike Ajax and PSV last years, Feyenoord doesn't have a lot of flashy youngsters to sell. Only Karsdorp seems to be on the departure list.

The team has more experienced players than PSV and Ajax so it's promising for me. I want them to keep Botteghin-Van der Heijden- Kongolo- El Ahmadi- Elia and Toornstra.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They will have to go through the qualification round next year so there is no guarantee that they will even make it to the knockout round (I think they failed in this attempt several years ago when they finished 2nd). I can't see them progressing.

15. No, the champions of 2017 are the last to go straight into the groups. The champion of 2017/2018 season head to the qualifiers.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^My bad, still it's so dependent on the draw that I still don't think they make the knock out round. I hope to be proven wrong. Maybe you can repeat what happened in 1970!!!

17. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #1417 curbo, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Vilhena might be sold, I assume its likely as his contract ends after next season. He has been really really good for us this season and we dont have a like for like replacement. (elia ends after next season too)

Berghuis is just on loan for this season, so hes gone too.

18. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    If Vilhena leaves, I would simply consider taking Clasie back. Better player than Vilhena in my opinion and he was playing great with El Ahmadi.

Berghuis can go, he isn't Feyenoord material for me. He misses the fighting spirit and "kracht" the feyenoord supporters enjoy to see.

I'd like the club to keep his experienced players and make a few purchases (one per line) to add depth on the bench. A good right winger is the priority for me considering Berghuis won't stay, Bilal is an headless chicken who can only perform as sub, and Kuyt can't play on a wing anymore.

19. We havenot got money.
    On the other hand, a Spanish primera division club has made known they are interested in Bilal.
    Also it seems Bayern is interested in Karsdorp (among others). No problem as the replacement is already warming up.

20. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Who is Karsdorp replacement? I am curious because he is really good.

21. You mean Nieuwkoop?

22. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Is he as good as Karsdorp.

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Doesn't " Nieuwkoop" mean new purcharse in dutch ?

So you got the money :D

24. That's too early to say, but it is promising
    Former Feyenoord defenders do think so, like Wijstekers, who says that Nieuwkoop probably is better defensively.

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  25. I donot agree with this. He's creative and can score goals. When it comes to wingers the Feyenoord supporters are less tilted to the power players.