Nelson Rodriguez Career Deathwatch

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tried to communicate my displeasure with N-Rods responses on the Fire website, but that option seems to have been removed. Any other soccer team on this planet would have fired Nelson Rodriguez for sh$t results and killing any fan base that this team once had. Are there no one in the league office that realizes what a Cluster F@ck the Chicago Fire ha become? I am so tired of hearing about all of the expansion options that MLS has. The League has to address the absolute rot that certain teams represent. Hey Don Garber! Any professional league is as strong as its weakest team. Don, take a closer look at Chicago. Is this what you envision to be a truly professional sports team? A team with zero presence in its own market area?

Who am I kidding? No one else gives a rat's ass, why should I? Ah Sh%t, I guess I do care about soccer in the city of Chicago. Dammit Nelson! You are a complete Asshole!!

2. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way any of this is changes, is if Andi is gone (sells). NRod is the prefect guy for Andi, he's the perfect ass kisser. He does whatever Andi wants, say the he's willing to spend and then goes out and NOT spend a single dollar. If it's wasn't for all the funny money (which we will getting more of, you SUCK money, not making the playoffs, again). we probably would have a team full of college kids and nobody's. It's been 11 years of this shit, if the league hasn't done anything by now, they are not going to anything.

Our only chance we have is if, Andi SELLS................

#USL2020

3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In my "please tell me why I should consider renewing" call with my season ticket rep, he said that Nelson Rodriguez accepts "total responsibility" for the poor season and the lack of results.

My follow up, "So, if he accepts responsibility, will he resign?"

The rep said this had not been made clear and Rodriguez committed to rebuilding the club with "younger players"...goodbye:
    Dax
    Nikolic
    Kappelhoff
    DeLeeuw
    probably,
    Katai

He did say they are trying to keep Bastian, as he has "passion" and can teach the kids.

splunge63 repped this.
  4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same as it ever was, we're going to ride the MLS 1.0 train yet again.

splunge63 and xtomx repped this.
  5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    "I accept total responsibility for the poor season and lack of results, and to be clear, that total responsibility comes with zero consequences. By the way, I don't believe that Eric Wynalda can read." -- Nelson Rodriguez

6. der sting

der sting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It’s good to be in protected class of MLS.

7. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If true, then, Nelson Rodriguez, you are very, very, very shitty at your job.

“I am responsible. I didn’t do a good enough job. No one should blame ownership, we have all the resources that we need to succeed. It’s not the fault of the coaches or the staff, this season has my fingerprints on it,”

No, sir, it is not that you did not do a "good enough" job, it is that you did an extremely bad job. You alienated the fans, banned the supporters. The coaches and the staff did poor jobs, but you did the worst job.

We will move this club forward,” he added later. “We will achieve our goals, we will build a club that makes our fans proud and adds to Chicago’s championship lore.”

You have had three years to do it. You have spent tens of millions of dollars. You have not built a damned thing.
    You have made our team worse with your bad decisions and poor ability to handle questioning.

You should do the honorable thing and resign.

splunge63, loonixxx, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  9. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Still from the article:
    He argued for stability as a concept, saying teams in MLS, around the world and in other sports don’t succeed when they frequently change their coaches and executives. He pointed to the lengthy delay before legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson won his first trophy and to the early struggles of iconic Dallas Cowboys coach Tom Landry as evidence that even the all-time greats occasionally need time.

Nelson Rodriguez, go f*ck yourself. I would say with a Ruiz, but that would be too good for you.

Sir Alex took St. Mirren from a second division team playing in front of a few hundred people a game to First Division Champions in three years.

At Aberdeen, he won Scottish Cups in his second year there (and won four overall).
    In his third year at Aberdeen, he won the First Division title (and won three overall). The ONLY teams other than Celtic and Rangers to win the title, since 1975.

1986 he was appointed Manager of Manchester United.
    By 1989, Manchester United won the FA Cup (and went on to win 5).
    By 1990, they had won the Community Shield (and won 10).
    By 1991, they had won the League Cup (and won 4).
    By 1991, they had won the European Cup Winners' Cup
    By 1992, they had won the European Super Cup.
    By 1993, they had won the Premiership Title (and went on to win 13 in 19 seasons).

lethargytartare, Martininho and loonixxx repped this.
  10. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NRod lied, Pauno did lead us to a trophy. Pauno led us to the Wooden Spoon in 2016. Doesn't that count? Before anybody tries to defend Pauno or NRod (not sure anybody would), that they took over a 2015 Wooden Spoon team, but they had a hand in making up the roster for 2016. Only nine of the 2015 roster was on the 2016 roster and three of them were absolutely useless (Igboananile, Gilberto and "Mikey" Stephens). 16 NEW players ALL which Pauno and NRod had a hand in getting.

If we had an owner that cares about his team, they both would have be FIRED after the 2016 season.

xtomx repped this.
  11. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nelson has been a failure on an epic scale everywhere he's ended up. He's delusional if he thinks he has what it takes to be even a mediocre GM at any MLS club.

firefan2001, bunge and xtomx repped this.
  12. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He found the PERFECT place to work, he's got an owner that doesn't give a shit what he does as long as he DOESN'T spend any REAL money.

splunge63 and xtomx repped this.
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    1,000 Rubber Dicks
    to this 'shady' motherfvcker.

Edit: He would just sell them for TAM/GAM.

firefan2001, bunge and loonixxx repped this.
  14. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Any teams in Somalia NRod can work for instead?

bunge repped this.
  15. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Somalia has suffered enough, Somalian fans shouldn't be subjected to his brand of torture.

Joe in CO, skinut, nowherenova and 3 others repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My exact thought as soon as I saw the post.

Well played, sir.

Joe in CO repped this.
  17. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Trust the process, lol! What a tool.

bunge and xtomx repped this.
  18. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is see that Montreal parted ways with their Technical Director.
    https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/p...mpact-and-adam-braz-part-ways-mutual-decision
    Is NRod our TD, to go along with GM and President? If so, this asshole can't handle one of the jobs, let alone three. No wonder we SUCK so much, but at least Andi is saving money.

So basically Andi is paying one guy to do three job (by the way he SUCKS in all three of the jobs), saving on two salaries.

bunge repped this.
  19. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    So, the Attorney General is out of a job, but this dipshit carries on?

xtomx repped this.
  20. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You can say a lot of things about Nelson Rodriguez (like he's a dipshit), but I don't think that he is a white supremacist, who was too racist for a federal judgeship, delighted in going after "affirmative action," supported Trump's ridiculous immigration policy, still thinks that marijuana is the "demon weed," and who gets "all flustered" when that black lady Kamala Harris was mean to him by asking him direct questions.

wolvesfirehope repped this.
  21. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    also, Dallas was an expansion team at the time. In a league with no salary cap, no real free agency, and open collusion among owners. And they weren't allowed to take part in the NFL draft their first season, and had the 1st pick in the next draft stolen from them by the NFL.

Gotta love this never was MLS corporate schill comparing himself and I guess Pawno to hall-of-fame coaches, and the Fire to an expansion team from the sixties.

asshole

23. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Doubling down on Pauno, great call! Build the legacy. Trust the process.

xtomx repped this.
  24. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's HARD to find a coach, oh and I'm pretty sure he doesn't cost that much.

This is the way Andi likes it, CHEAP..........

25. der sting

der sting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What new low will NRod achieve this coming season?