Nelsen

Discussion in 'Alumni Forum' started by Doctor Woo, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Doctor Woo

Doctor Woo Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Newport, OR
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, it's Sunday morning and -16F and I am debating whether it's worth a trip to the Y while the wife is reading the paper. She says, "Look, here's a wedding announcement of some soccer player in England. He plays for Blackburn and is from Christchurch." Normally, a statement like this gets a grunt from me and continuing to watch whatever I am watching on the tube, but something roused my attention.

[​IMG]

Thompson-Nelsen
    02/04/2007

Monica Thompson and Ryan Nelsen were married June 25 at the Calhoun Beach Club, Minneapolis. Parents are Philip and Gloria Thompson, Warren, Minn., and Wayne and Christine Nelsen, Christchurch, New Zealand. Attendants were Nicole Safar, Madison, Wis.; Andrea Blinkman, Minneapolis; Jennifer Kremer, Byron Bay, Australia; Ingrid Al-Sattam, Longville, Minn.; Kirsten Nelsen, Andrew Lawrence and Paul and Stephanie Martin, Christchurch; Mark Thompson, Brainerd, Minn.; Simon Mitchell, Taichung, Taiwan; Simon Elliott, London; Gerard Davis, Auckland, New Zealand; and Alexander Sandilands, Calgary, Canada. Monica is self-employed as an educational consultant in England, and Ryan plays professional soccer with the Blackburn Rovers. The couple will make their home in Wilmslow, Cheshire, England.

So anyway, congrats to Ryan on belated news and props to the Fargo Forum for making my Sunday morning a bit more interesting.

PS Note that Simon Elliott is among the groomsmen.

2. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Congrat's, Ryan and Monica!