NC Courage 2019

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by CoachJon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the Courge have Stephanie Labbé, I thought I remembered she had a good game for the Spirit vs. Courage. Opening Day 4/15/17, she had 8 saves in a 1-0 loss; McCall scored the game-winning first ever goal for the Courage. www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEAI6snn5wM

Labbé's "degree of difficulty" did not rank up with Kailen Sheridan's 11 save performance in a 2-0 Courage win vs. Sky Blue about a month later on 5/24/17. Neither was as good as Nicole Barnhart's 14 saves in a 1-0 FC Kansas City win on the road vs. the WNY Flash July 23, 2016.

Here are some 2016 Labbé highlights - between "as long as we get right back to work," and eating pancakes on game day, she will fit right in. I think the Courage's outstandingly positive enviroment will be good for her.

blissett repped this.
  2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have any rumors or other information about Julie King?

Jen Cooper's Keepernotes.com NWSL Rosters via Google Sheets lists Julie King as "new contract offered."

3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julie King has signed! :)

Also Paul Riley did a podcast for Six Point Weekend on March 5:
    https://oakcitysupporters.com/podcast/2019/3/5/episode-39-paul-riley

Highlights for me:
    • He was offerred at least one National Team coaching job this off season (not US of course)- he said no b/c he is on a two year contract with NC Courage and he wants to stay.
    • He said he does want to coach a National Team in the future.
    • Leah Pruitt was absolutely his first choice for the draft and "after two days, she is doing great, so we were right"
    • The Documentary (10 part film) on the 2018 Courage by Film45 should be available on Netflix sometime Mid April to Mid May.

4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julie King is featured in the opening half hour or so of Episode 40 of the Six Point Weekend podcat. I really enjoyed it.
    It seems her ankle is not 100%, so they are monitoring her workload. No indication on the timeline for being ready to play a game.
    We will definitely need her when the Abbys are gone.

https://oakcitysupporters.com/podcast