Nations League: Italy vs Poland

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Sep 6, 2018.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who would you guys throw out there at CF vs Portugal?

I'd start Belotti and sub in Immobile later on.. i can't stand to watch Balo walk around the pitch anymore

2. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    This is also truth,....bravo

3. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Not WC champions...But are you aware of Italys history, pedigree? To draw, vs Poland, in that way !!! , at home, with something to prove, wow....pathetic...The world expects more from Italy, they just can't produce, world caught up.

4. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All Balotelli does is walk. Get him off the team already please.

calabrese8 repped this.
  5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We have to be realistic. We are no longer spoiled with the talent we had for the last few decades. Then again, the same for the rest of the world. Earlier in the match, the announcers stated that at the 2006 WC, a little more than 70% of Italian players were regular starters in Serie A. Now that number is in the mid-30's. That is a telling stat.

gumbacicc repped this.
  6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd give Berardi a shot, he's been playing well. Balotelli is really out of shape, he was terrible during the Nice game and it looks like he's just not interested in calcio. Chiesa needs to start, Jorginho sucks, Zappa sucks, i can't believe that bum is in and Calabria isn't.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am well aware of Italia's history. I watched the brilliant '82 side, many who impressed four years earlier in Argentina. Sadly, I am also aware of our history for the last ten years. We are not producing players as we did in the past.

gumbacicc repped this.
  8. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not too upset. Didn't expect a lot from a midfield with both Gagliardini and Pellegrini. An inform Verrattti is essential. More disturbed by the state of Italy's FBs. Zappa? Biraghi? wtf is that. I can't really fault Mancini. Need a few more younger players to come through like Barella and Mandragora.

9. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    You speak truth my friend, Italy is a great footballing nation, Will rebound, just not producing at rate they once were right now and No country is afraid to face them . Go tell that to Joe Italian on the street though, He will have none of that talk. Fact is, Italy ain't all that right now.

10. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Showed resolve getting a point. We were dismal in the first half, improved in the second. Poland is a very organized side, and it showed today. Everything that poland created was self inflicted by stupid/sloppy passes and poor touches. We need to be crisper and play with intent. Everybody is attacking Balo, but he has really only played one match this season, with no preseason. He will come around.

I want to see this lineup vs portugal

Chiesa-Belotti-Berna/Berardi

Jack/Barella/Benassi-Jorghino(brutal, but I am hoping it was a one off)-Cristante

Crisito-Chiellini-Bonucci-IDGAF

Gigio

11. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roly has had a good start to the season and is exactly what this italy need.

12. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    resolve? come on now....they stank. Was that a penalty? YES . Was that a penalty an italy side should rely on, at home, vs an inferior opponent?, NO !

13. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its progress. We didn't show enough resolve vs Sweden, today we found a way. On to the next

Rosay, Deleted User x and Falc repped this.
  14. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I'd start either Immobile or Belotti. I really want to see how Immobile does. Also try Berardi as well. Chiesa definitely needs that winger spot. I also want to see Benassi and Cristante.

Gagliardini is terrible. Pellegrini is alright on his day but we have better players.

15. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    #90 Tertuliano, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Not to be rude, BUT if you call this progress , What is regression? oh, we already know what that is.....Yes, they may be better going forward, BUT today they were awful! tell it like it is...

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i miss the days of Italia with a world class trequartista.. i dont like this wing play cross into the sky merda.

Calcio Pauly, romanista8910 and Rosay repped this.
  17. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah i don't know much about him other than he's described as a promising CDM. atm, Jorginho is more a regista and not really suited to this midfield (though that could change). And then you have Pellegrini, Gagliardini, Cristante who are all similar (industrious Parolo type players).

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors have it that IDGAF will turn into a world class player!

Rosay repped this.
  19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let's see if the second half play builds some confidence. At least with Mancini it does not appear that he is trying to be some tactical wizard. He has to get a feel for these players as they do with him and themselves. This is going to be a work in progress but let's face it, it is 10 years a bit late to remake this squad.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I only saw the first half. Ouch.

How did Chiesa do?

I'm not as high on him as everyone else is, tbh.

21. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiesa at least did something........which compared to everyone else.....yea lol

NickyViola repped this.
  22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiesa brought a little life/energy to the team. He replaced Insigne & was much better.

NickyViola repped this.
  23. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought both Chiesa and Belotti was much better than Insigne and Balo

NickyViola repped this.
  24. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Mancini made Ventura look like a genius tonight. His inability to tell who is in form is shocking and really has me worried for this campaign. Let's think about this and really digest it:

Balotelli--He's in terrible form and it is obvious. Out of shape and even lazier than usual. How the fck does he start ahead of Belotti? Absolute rubbish move.

Insigne--4'10" dwarf who NEVER plays well outside of Sarri's system. Bunch of fancy dribbling that leads to nowhere. He doesn't even have great pace for his size. Fcking Mancini starts him ahead of Chiesa who continually proves himself.

Gagliardini--I know Inter fans who fell off their chairs that he was even called up..let alone starting for Gli Azzurri. He's a mediocre player who actually is cowardly in his play (hides from the ball). Where was Cristante?

Jorginho--He is pure rubbish. I've said this for 2 years now. No pace, no dynamic play, 4 foot passes, and no filter for the defense. Then he is always good for a stupid pass that leads to a goal (remember France friendly?) Why was Barella not given a chance? One of the best midfielders in Serie A and a strong start to this year?

Mancini is a stubborn motherfcker and he is quite loyal to his posse. That has me concerned because members of his posse suck. Let's hope he learns his lesson before Portugal.

25. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    They were much better. Do have to say though that I believe Insigne is just not tactically flexible. He works well under particular systems but with others he just can't adapt. He is a good player to use, but I don't think he is a starting player.

I'd like to see us try Chiesa and Berardi as wingers with Bernardeschi in midfield along with Cristante and Benassi.