National Anthem Singers

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by USAClash, Sep 12, 2012.

1. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Anyone else annoyed that US Soccer has been continually bringing out singers to lead us in the national anthem, as is done is traditional US sports?

Just play the music, and let the fans sing it. It makes for a much better communal moment. The hardcore fans sing anyway, but having a singer out there discourages the entire crowd from participating.

Think of how great a moment it was when Portland fans sang it without even any music. It was a YouTube hit and got lots of positive attention.

jackiesdad repped this.
  2. TommyCarcetti

TommyCarcetti Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hasnt really bothered me but while we are on the topic of things that we dont like.

i have seen a number of AO members with their USA jerseys on and an AO patch on their sleeve. i am as big of a fan of AO as the next guy (and a paying member) but I dont agree with putting our individual supporters group logos on the jersey.

we are all supporting the US, not our own club. country before club and that goes for MLS teams, Euro teams and our own supporters group. Unite and Conquer.

3. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I started a thread that basically came to your same conclusion when that girl from Florida pulled an American Idol blooper anthem.

A band or recording of an instrumental should be the standard.